Why do Christians support Trump?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

The Democratic party and the media want us to see this.

I found the model of the border control holding facility's cage in use. (Warning fake news)
View attachment 223344
(Photo: just a dog cage but the media wants you to think the illegal aliens are being held in cages like this. )

Here are some of the kids. (Warning fake news)

View attachment 223345
(Photo: photo of Jewish children being held in a concentration camp.)

An actual comparison of a concentration camp on the left and a border control holding facility on the right. (Warning not fake news)
View attachment 223346

The image below is an actual image of an American prison. This prison yard is where we hold people who break the law. (Warning not fake news)
View attachment 223347

Border control holding facilities may not carry the weight like a prison but they do hold people that break the law either through an illegal border crossing, drug smuggling, child trafficking, gang-related activities, or terrorist cells that have been trained up in Mexico or South America.

They are largely overfilled due to the misuse of immigration laws and how Democrats do not like to fund ICE of border control for bigger housing facilities.

Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris was asked by an illegal immigrant about what they can do this election since they aren't allowed to vote.“I’m undocumented … I can’t vote …What can we do during this election to help make sure that we get you elected?” asked Astrid Silva, an illegal immigrant who was brought to the United States by her illegal migrant parents.“You can tell people who can vote what life is like for you now, and what life can be like,” said Harris."We are committed to shutting down private detention centers and ending policies that have been about separating children from their parents at the border, "

Here is Harris saying they want to shut them down. Biden wanted the illegal immigrants to vote for him. Some children are separated because their parents broke the law, their parents are too sick or their parents were not their parents.

It happens every day in America when parents or a parent gets arrested. They are separated from their children as they go to jail or prison.

Great post!! For the sake of the country I hope the Lord stays his hand and doesn't allow these two in office. It will be devastating in so many ways. Still seeking God about this election.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Great post!! For the sake of the country I hope the Lord stays his hand and doesn't allow these two in office. It will be devastating in so many ways. Still seeking God about this election.
I agree. We keep praying.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I just can not see any way to support him. Ok, so we are all sinners and of course he has sinned plenty. I do not see him repenting of anything. He condoned the the brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi. He has numerous close ties to organized crime, e admitted in recently released audio that he knew Covid 19 was dangerous and airborne. He admitted to lying and said he did not want to cause panic. But he is constantly trying to cause panic by exaggerating threats from migrants and exaggerating Democrats as being radical, instilling unnecessary fear. Besides, if he spoke to the public the way he spoke to Woodward, it would have saved many lives and possibly alleviated the economic crisis. I see him being anti-Christian in everything he does as says. Michael Cohen's book quotes him saying about Christians faith, "Can you believe that bulls...?" From my pint of view he hates God, hates Christians, hates America and humanity. I hope no Christian will vote for him this go around.
Interesting how this thread was started on 9/11.

I voted for Trump the first round, but not this last time. Trump was a wild card, a gamble, and a swing in the dark. I'm a sucker for people who make me laugh. George W., despite his policies, was hilarious as well as Trump, but many don't share this sentiment.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Just to clarify, I didn't vote at all last election, because never received my mail in ballot.

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Honestly I'm a little on the young side to remember Regan, and I wasn't living in America when he was in office. I believe Hitler used whatever he could to gain support at first, then snuffed out anyone who opposed him, Clinton style, just a little more obvious. I think God Bless America has been a saying, not a slogan, for many years. Again, many countries have said the same of their own country "God Bless". With Hitler I believe he was playing on the anti-Semitism of the German Christians that had been gas lighted many years before with Martin Luther, who had a terrible hatred for the Jews and preached sermons later used in Nazi propaganda pamphlets. Hitler well knew this. One of his many tactics to try and stamp out the Jewish people. I don't think he himself had any belief in any god, other than himself. He simply used what was already there, within his people, an inbreed distrust and hatred for the Jews.
My point is that Americans, like the fanatic Germans before them, believe their country to be exceptional. Thus the phrase God bless America is meant to imply God has a special place in His heart for America (or Germany as the case may be). The key word here is exceptional.

The idea of American exceptionalism is believed and accepted by secular & religious types together without question or, dare I say, exception.

MY POINT is that America is NOT exceptional. God didn't bless America just because it's America. He blessed us because at its inception our founding fathers dedicated the nation to Him and His principles. The democratic process by which we have chosen to govern ourselves is directly related to Biblical principles. Our government once reflected the Biblical principle that mankind is wicked. Thus the system of checks and balances was designed into governmental operation. This is no longer true, however.

Consequently our country has fallen into the mire of our own wickedness and foolishness. It has been said that if a man wants to go crazy he ought to do it in Washington, DC where it will not be noticed.

We might get involved in fewer wars if we didn't believe we were the good guys each time. We aren't, you know.

I must reiterate that the Holy Spirit always vindicates the Kingdom of God. It NEVER vindicates a nation. The idea is to keep one's eye upon God and not cloud it with false banners of allegiance like the striped flag of our country.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

K

KT88

They have lost all objectivity in my opinion.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I must reiterate that the Holy Spirit always vindicates the Kingdom of God. It NEVER vindicates a nation. The idea is to keep one's eye upon God and not cloud it with false banners of allegiance like the striped flag of our country.
Did God not many times vindicate the nation of Israel?

PS~ Don't forget the stars ;):giggle:

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The question is why do christians support Trump? For me it is a no contest. He has done a lot to reduce the incident of abortion. Biden has promised to open the floodgates to abortion. So do I support someone who has some respect for life or do I support someone who is an out and out baby killer?

As I said, no contest.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Christians support Trump for several reasons.

1. The relentless assault of the Left following their victory in Obergefell v. Hodges. When asked to choose between a Robber Baron and a busybody (to go back to CS Lewis' formulation), they found the Rober Baron preferable. Who can blame them? (click the link before you respond to this point).

2. The Elite's response to Trump and much which has transpired during his administration has had Christians conclude that, for all his faults, Trump is a more righteous selection than anybody who supports the "deep state." I think a big turning point here was the blatant assassination of Jeffrey Epstein.

3. Trump has followed through with his promises to the Evangelical community. He may be a liar (name a politician who isn't and I'll sell you some land in South Florida), but he has appointed judges and administration officials who are, at least, not hostile to religious liberties.

4. Trump presents something necessary in politics that many Republicans lack- Thymos. Spiritedness. Plato considered it a third constituent part of a soul and the animating quality of the warrior class. People today gravitate toward the man with thymos because they sense that quality is necessary for their survival. They are correct.

Donald Trump is imperfect, but he is the best America could hope for at this stage in her history. The OP's list of grievances is petty and silly when the complex ethical demands of politics are taken into consideration.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013

1. The relentless assault of the Left following their victory in Obergefell v. Hodges. When asked to choose between a Robber Baron and a busybody (to go back to CS Lewis' formulation), they found the Rober Baron preferable. Who can blame them? (click the link before you respond to this point).

2. The Elite's response to Trump and much which has transpired during his administration has had Christians conclude that, for all his faults, Trump is a more righteous selection than anybody who supports the "deep state." I think a big turning point here was the blatant assassination of Jeffrey Epstein.

3. Trump has followed through with his promises to the Evangelical community. He may be a liar (name a politician who isn't and I'll sell you some land in South Florida), but he has appointed judges and administration officials who are, at least, not hostile to religious liberties.

4. Trump presents something necessary in politics that many Republicans lack- Thymos. Spiritedness. Plato considered it a third constituent part of a soul and the animating quality of the warrior class. People today gravitate toward the man with thymos because they sense that quality is necessary for their survival. They are correct.

Donald Trump is imperfect, but he is the best America could hope for at this stage in her history. The OP's list of grievances is petty and silly when the complex ethical demands of politics are taken into consideration.
Nice post Desdichado. No doubt that eight years of Obama gave American lefties a sense of the right to rule and when Hilary Bombed out they could not handle it. All their well laid plans of mice and men coming to nought. How drastic.

They talk about a woman being scorned. Put the nose of a leftie out of joint and you are in big trouble. "We wuz robbed" is their catchcry. Robbed of what? Their demented right to rule the plebs who of course need the left to tell than how to live.

All round the Western world the establishment left is being given the heave ho because of their patronising attitude to Mr. and Mrs. Normal. Trump was a wake up call and I can see that Biden is going to have a close reign put on him by the people so he might not be the white knight in shining armour who will rescue America from being great. Democrats I know are much more happy with sloppy second class so that the leaders can be white knights in shining armour who will rescue them from every Democratically inspired disaster.

Dec 19, 2020
I just can not see any way to support him. Ok, so we are all sinners and of course he has sinned plenty. I do not see him repenting of anything. He condoned the the brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi. He has numerous close ties to organized crime, e admitted in recently released audio that he knew Covid 19 was dangerous and airborne. He admitted to lying and said he did not want to cause panic. But he is constantly trying to cause panic by exaggerating threats from migrants and exaggerating Democrats as being radical, instilling unnecessary fear. Besides, if he spoke to the public the way he spoke to Woodward, it would have saved many lives and possibly alleviated the economic crisis. I see him being anti-Christian in everything he does as says. Michael Cohen's book quotes him saying about Christians faith, "Can you believe that bulls...?" From my pint of view he hates God, hates Christians, hates America and humanity. I hope no Christian will vote for him this go around.
Do you work for CNN or MSNBC?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Well instead of looking at Trump lets look at the political parties on the left and right...
The left are trying to push communism. They have stripped society of its Christian values and replaced them with disgusting ones...
Who brought in no fault divorce... The left
Who dismantled the nuclear family... The left
Who supports abortion... The left
Who supports gay marriage... The left
Who supports the teaching of gay sex to children... The left
Who supports gender theory... The left
Who supports putting kids on puberty blockers and applying surgery to help them change sex... The left
Who has tried to discredit the church with false allegations... The left

They're just a few reasons why people will always support the right

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
Well instead of looking at Trump lets look at the political parties on the left and right...
The left are trying to push communism. They have stripped society of its Christian values and replaced them with disgusting ones...
Who brought in no fault divorce... The left
Who dismantled the nuclear family... The left
Who supports abortion... The left
Who supports gay marriage... The left
Who supports the teaching of gay sex to children... The left
Who supports gender theory... The left
Who supports putting kids on puberty blockers and applying surgery to help them change sex... The left
Who has tried to discredit the church with false allegations... The left

They're just a few reasons why people will always support the right
I'm on the left and i don't support any of those things. The left is actually a very diverse group when it comes to ideals. The left is everyone who does not want to support the elite billionaire class. We want a just society where everyone is given a fair shake and a fair share. The right is bought and paid for by billionaires and their agenda. Their agenda is power and greed. We all have a common enemy who is trying to divide us bit unfortunately you think trump and the right are on your side when they are using you. I don't love Democrats but at least they represent everyday people somewhat whereas the Republicans represent the elite only as i see it.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The right is bought and paid for by billionaires and their agenda.
And you really think that the Left is not? There are more Leftist and Communist billionaires than not. Otherwise those wicked Democratic politicians would not have been able to survive. Of course you have bought their Kool-Aid, and they are counting on people like you to continue promoting their lies.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I'm on the left and i don't support any of those things. The left is actually a very diverse group when it comes to ideals. The left is everyone who does not want to support the elite billionaire class. We want a just society where everyone is given a fair shake and a fair share. The right is bought and paid for by billionaires and their agenda. Their agenda is power and greed. We all have a common enemy who is trying to divide us bit unfortunately you think trump and the right are on your side when they are using you. I don't love Democrats but at least they represent everyday people somewhat whereas the Republicans represent the elite only as i see it.
Woe, hold your horses, i never said that Trump is on my side, im not even American. I never said the right was on my side either.:rolleyes:

Im also not claiming that every person who votes democrat supports every policy and every ideological view that the democrat party holds. I understand that.

All i did was provided reasons why some Christians would be sitting on the right.

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
And you really think that the Left is not? There are more Leftist and Communist billionaires than not. Otherwise those wicked Democratic politicians would not have been able to survive. Of course you have bought their Kool-Aid, and they are counting on people like you to continue promoting their lies.
Some are but not even close to the degree of Republicans. It's not a lie. Just follow the money and the laws. Why do you think Republicans don't want to give Americans $2000 and Democrats do. Straight up greed and corruption is why. All you have to do is look at the laws and legislation that Republicans support. It's got zero to do with any media, just the facts.

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Did God not many times vindicate the nation of Israel?

PS~ Don't forget the stars ;):giggle:
God NEVER vindicated Israel.

Bear in mind that the nation of Israel was created at the foot of the Holy Mountain when Moses gave Hebrews a choice to accept God or return to Egyptian bondage. The choice involved a verbal contract or covenant. When a person or people make a contract with God they are choosing to adhere to the principles and dictates of the Kingdom of God. (not their own principles)

In other words, it was about the Kingdom of God, not Israel. Thus God vindicated His Kingdom, as well as the contract, on numerous occasions. He did so by bringing judgment upon Israel to encourage them to return to the original contract agreement. When they didn't, God dissolved the nation. (three times)

America was formed on the same covenant agreement between our founding fathers and God. In the past decades, the United States has determined the contract to be void. God doesn't think so because it is the Kingdom of God which is also considered in the contract.

God will thus vindicate His kingdom's part in the contract, even if it means dissolution of the United States. Judgement precedes such a drastic action. Judgment is already upon us.

Repentance is needed if the nation is to be saved.

Unfortunately American arrogance will not be humbled.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA

agreed

CL

K

KT88

You can either support Trump or support Satan's agenda for the USA. So the choice is rather simple.

What is planned by the Democrats is the total rejection of the rule of law and the democratic process, and if necessary the overthrow of a duly elected president and rioting and lawlessness without limit. The Constitution will be thrown into the trash without remorse, and totalitarianism and tyranny will prevail. It is already evident (if you have your eyes open).

It is evident from you post that you have believed the enemies of Trump rather than opted for the truth. Hopefully you (and people like yourself) will wake up before it is too late. The choice is between freedom and slavery.
Overblown tripe with a total black/white perspective.