Why do Christians think its okay to associate with evildoers or absolve their behavior?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
They were already in prison for it. The two men who committed the murder surely did need someone in their life to lead them to the Lord, but while the Nun claimed she wanted to do good, she was hurting the family of the murdered girl. I just think that we have to be careful when we attempt to do good that we are not hurting someone else in the process.
Just a thought:
Wonder how Jairus felt about the woman with the issue of blood?He was in a hurry to get Jesus to his home and heal his sick daughter when Jesus was stopped by this woman touching the hem of his garment. Messengers then come and said to Jairus your daughter is dead. The advice Jesus gave Jairus was "be not afraid, only believe"

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I've been reviewing a lot of what I've seen over the last 40 years and putting it all together to try to make sense of it all and of God. I've seen Christians do some pretty sinful things over the years. But I have equally seen Christians do some tricky mental gymnastics in EXCUSING overtly sinful behavior in OTHERS.

I've seen a terrible perversion in human behavior which is this: if you do evil to others but just not do it to ME, I'm okay with you. I learned this perversion first hand when a neighbor crazed out on drugs who lived next door to us came after us with a torque wrench, and remained in the neighborhood after being arrested, and people talked to them and were still welcoming to them as long as ~they~ weren't the one experiencing negative effects from it. (It was one of the worst spiritual attacks I've had) You would think that people raising families would ostracize those doing things that were overtly anti-family and even dangerous. But they didn't. I learned a real lesson throughout that about how fickle people are. I think people were actually afraid that if they weren't nice to the couple on drugs, then their craziness would be turned on them.

But what was even a greater eye-opener was that Christians did this. A Christian sibling did something extremely evil and another Christian sibling kept associating with her as if nothing had happened. My whole world was reeling from the blow, and I was trying to gain my bearings it was so bad, and the other Christian sibling kept associating with the evil one as if nothing had happened. I saw the same law of human behavior was at work: as long as you're doing you're evil to another person and not to ME I'm okay with you.

We attended a church where the family who ran it was very corrupt. The youth pastor ran into a woman and killed her. He bragged that he knew all the cops in town and he wasn't charged. Not even with reckless driving or making a wrong turn. Nothing. Instead of shunning him or rebuking him no one did anything. Of course the family's reckless behavior continued and they ended up hurting a lot of people.

Has anyone else noticed this type of excusing of bad behavior? Christians seem to have the erroneous idea that this type of excusing of bad behavior doesn't matter. I looked for verses pertaining to it and all I could think of was one.

Howw much do you think that God holds this type of behavior accountable?

Proverbs 17:15

“He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.”
People who excuse sinful behavior in others without repentance by the sinners are not Christians nor are they following God. They're tribals who are simply standing up for their tribe's people hell or high water. In other words, pagans. Sadly, them and the sinners they excused will all get dumped into Hell on Judgement Day as a result. Godspeed.