why do god support genocide?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 5, 2020
I have seen the bottomless pit. It is a volcano. "And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit." (Rev 9:2)
Yikes! The wife and I were in the Hawaiian islands for our anniversary awhile ago. We took a helicopter tour around the area where Kilauea was erupting.
So in your world when Hell opens up, all those damned souls are going to be deposited into those volcanoes for eternity.

Hey, did you know this? L. Ron insane Hubbard stole the groundwork for his cult of Scientology from someone else while he was stationed in Germany. He was Navy.
To this day it is beyond belief that people follow a cult invented by a mediocre Sci-Fi writer. In any case, after morons with money spend a veritable hundreds of thousands of dollars to take all the courses Scientology sells them, when they come to the end they find out why this world is so screwed up.
An evil alien named Xenu! Countless other evil aliens were cast into the prisons of dormant volcanoes so they would be locked in there forever. Then the volcanoes erupted and all those evil souls filled the atmosphere. And now they possess people and make them do evil things.
Scientology's courses lead people to find how to exorcise those evil aliens and live better lives.

Wild huh?

Dec 30, 2019
What is in the Bible is more wild. They say that truth is stranger the fiction and Satan's counterfeit is never as interesting as what is real and what is of God.

Mar 5, 2020
What is in the Bible is more wild. They say that truth is stranger the fiction and Satan's counterfeit is never as interesting as what is real and what is of God.
God created the angel we call Satan.
Do you think Satan surprised God when he led that rebellion in heaven?

Apr 2, 2020
I apologize if someone else has pointed this out already but I didn't see it so I'll sound off. The judgment of God is not necessarily about the men being judged, so sometimes from our perspective it seems excessive. The problem of sin goes beyond a guilt/innocence dynamic. Sin, while lacking in substance of its own, is corrupting. Everything that sin touches becomes twisted away from the image of God, and the only way to deal with sin is its complete destruction. With Adam, the ground became cursed because of his sin. The flood purified that curse and made the ground workable. It turned cracked ground into arable farmland. But sin continued, and the people living in the Levant became filled with sin. Everything they touched was corrupted by their sin. Everything. So it had to be destroyed, man, woman, child, and farm animal. It simply had to be destroyed. But it wasn't and the sin continued to infect the Israelites and draw them away from God. So while it may seem harsh and unjust, the "genocides" are actually acts of love made requisite by the reality of sin.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
1. The Flood (Genesis 6-8)
2. The cities of the plain, including Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18-19)
3. The Egyptian firstborn sons during the Passover (Exodus 11-12)
4. The Canaanites under Moses and Joshua (Numbers 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 20:17; Joshua 6:17, 21)
5. The Amalekites annihilated by Saul (1 Samuel 15)
Don't forget
6. you
7. me
8. our mamas
We're all appointed to death. Sin is why.

T

TheIndianGirl

I apologize if someone else has pointed this out already but I didn't see it so I'll sound off. The judgment of God is not necessarily about the men being judged, so sometimes from our perspective it seems excessive. The problem of sin goes beyond a guilt/innocence dynamic. Sin, while lacking in substance of its own, is corrupting. Everything that sin touches becomes twisted away from the image of God, and the only way to deal with sin is its complete destruction. With Adam, the ground became cursed because of his sin. The flood purified that curse and made the ground workable. It turned cracked ground into arable farmland. But sin continued, and the people living in the Levant became filled with sin. Everything they touched was corrupted by their sin. Everything. So it had to be destroyed, man, woman, child, and farm animal. It simply had to be destroyed. But it wasn't and the sin continued to infect the Israelites and draw them away from God. So while it may seem harsh and unjust, the "genocides" are actually acts of love made requisite by the reality of sin.
Who is the recipient of these acts of love?