Why do I not fit in?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 25, 2018
Seems like I don't really fit in anywhere, and I'm guessing that has to do with a lot of my disorders. Anyone else feel like an outsider a lot of the time?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Christians can't fit in so well because we don't do things many people do. But it's not impossible to find a church and people there where u can

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Seems like I don't really fit in anywhere, and I'm guessing that has to do with a lot of my disorders. Anyone else feel like an outsider a lot of the time?
Yeah i feel like that quite a bit actually.. In this crazy evil world it is often a good thing that we don't ""fit it"" Sometimes it is very lonely not fitting in.. But when God is with you then you are never alone..

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Trying to fit in is overrated

U

Ugly

Trying to fit in is overrated
When you have issues you cant control that make fitting in Anywhere difficult it becomes a bigger need.
Humans have a natural need to find a social group or at least friendship. Having issues that make such connections difficult robs people of that common connection most others will share.
There is a distinction between trying to fit in to a specific group and changing yourself to fit in and trying to fit in when you have difficulty making connections with people in general.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
When you have issues you cant control that make fitting in Anywhere difficult it becomes a bigger need.
Humans have a natural need to find a social group or at least friendship. Having issues that make such connections difficult robs people of that common connection most others will share.
There is a distinction between trying to fit in to a specific group and changing yourself to fit in and trying to fit in when you have difficulty making connections with people in general.
Thanks for your words of wisdom, you are appreciated.

Aug 24, 2018
Yeah i feel like that quite a bit actually.. In this crazy evil world it is often a good thing that we don't ""fit it"" Sometimes it is very lonely not fitting in.. But when God is with you then you are never alone..

YESS!

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Hah, I never really fit in, either...I'm far more weird and eccentric than the others. I feel ya.

Aug 25, 2018
Christians can't fit in so well because we don't do things many people do. But it's not impossible to find a church and people there where u can
Yeah, maybe. Sometimes it seems like churches are more judgmental... I made more atheist friends than Christian friends...and that isn't good. :(

True, Christ was alone when they took Him, so I guess it isn't completely unheard of.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Thats why i have been to so many churches. Until I found one where I am welcome and appreciated rather than judged

M

Miri

I’ve never fitted in.
But then I realised why try to fit in, why not just be my own
unique individual self.

Suddenly when I did that, I started to fit in. Strange that isn’t it.

Moral of the story be yourself and people around you who matter will just accept
you as you are. Any who don’t, well they don’t matter.

Aug 25, 2018
Thats why i have been to so many churches. Until I found one where I am welcome and appreciated rather than judged
Ah, that makes sense.

I’ve never fitted in.
But then I realised why try to fit in, why not just be my own
unique individual self.

Suddenly when I did that, I started to fit in. Strange that isn’t it.

Moral of the story be yourself and people around you who matter will just accept
you as you are. Any who don’t, well they don’t matter.
Glad it worked for you! :)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I’d rather be in the Jesus crowd than any other crowd.

☺️

Sep 19, 2018
In my experience, we don't fit in because we weren't made to fit in, the same is of belonging. Its okay to feel like you belong because we don't belong here, we belong by our Fathers side

Jun 5, 2012
Hey. So I was born in Lebanon but I grew up and live in Israel. I am nothing like the Lebanese so I don't fit in with them, I don't know why but I can't fit in with most Jewish people, and because I don't speak Arabic very well I dont really fit in with the Arabs as well. Also, although its a part of my culture, i dont really know how to be a Lebanese like my family is. I make friends with people from other countries but because they live far away i cant keep in touch all the time.
Feeling like you don't fit in sucks but I have hope I'll find my way out. Even two or three friends are enough sometimes.
Maybe instead of trying to fit in, just try and find people you're comfortable with.

RedeemedGift

May 28, 2017
I feel you. I feel don't even fit in with most Christians. I think while we're in this world we desire a temporary place or feeling or even person that we can call home, and not everyone finds it. I haven't. But rest assured we'll all be home when we see our Lord face to face.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
I do. I don't enterly fit in something.But I personally like to fit just a bit in different subjects and topics. I feel sorry for your disorder :(

Sep 27, 2018
Ohio
I feel like an outside a lot of the time, but I am glad. God has set me apart from the world... this makes my heart rejoice! I used to fit in with the world because I was sick of feeling alone. Bad idea. I felt more alone doing that because the worlds heart is cold and ungodly. You have us on here and I’ll be your friend! You can message me. 🙂