Why do I not fit in?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Passion

Sep 29, 2018
Seems like I don't really fit in anywhere, and I'm guessing that has to do with a lot of my disorders. Anyone else feel like an outsider a lot of the time?
I'm an outsider, too. Being the outsider may not seem like a good thing but honestly it's a great thing in a sense. Do you know just how many people there is in the world wanting attention from people who are just as imperfect as them? They literally bend over backwards just so that way the mere humans they're trying so hard to get acknowledge will give them vain moments of their little time here on. Honestly, people just don't realize how incompetent they look trying to get in with people who are also made of dust. The goal of being considered "cool" and trying to accepted by everyone is like chasing the wind. It's completely meaningless. Being the person that's not apart of this world is the coolest you can be because you're not mindlessly following these worldly trends which is "Nothing new under the sun" and bowing down to withering grass, fading flowers, and complete dust that sadly enough call themselves "gods". What they don't know is that you may look like a loser to them but Jesus, the King of this whole entire universe and everything in it, sees you as a winner, champion, warrior, and a royal heir to His everlasting kingdom. We are His princess and princesses. We may not get treated as such on the fleeting Earth but you will be treated like that in our Heavenly Father's eternal kingdom. Hopefully, someone will pick up the nicely seasoned biblically references to this message. 😂

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Seems like I don't really fit in anywhere, and I'm guessing that has to do with a lot of my disorders. Anyone else feel like an outsider a lot of the time?
Elijah became very despondent after slaying all the prophets of baal and Jezebel sought his life.

1 Kings 19:4 "But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.”"

After an angel fed him twice: Elijah, went to mount Horeb. There he sought advice from the Lord.

1 Kings 19:9 "There he came to a cave and lodged in it. And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”"

After explaining all his trouble, Elijah again asks to let him just die. Then the Lord explained He wasn't alone. He had 7, 000 uncorrupt souls yet in Israel. Now, the Lord says, get up and go appoint another king for Syria and another for Israel. Then find your successor as a prophet. In other words: shut up and go do your work. :cool:

Passion

Sep 29, 2018
I'm an outsider, too. Being the outsider may not seem like a good thing but honestly it's a great thing in a sense. Do you know just how many people there is in the world wanting attention from people who are just as imperfect as them? They literally bend over backwards just so that way the mere humans they're trying so hard to get acknowledge will give them vain moments of their little time here on. Honestly, people just don't realize how incompetent they look trying to get in with people who are also made of dust. The goal of being considered "cool" and trying to accepted by everyone is like chasing the wind. It's completely meaningless. Being the person that's not apart of this world is the coolest you can be because you're not mindlessly following these worldly trends which is "Nothing new under the sun" and bowing down to withering grass, fading flowers, and complete dust that sadly enough call themselves "gods". What they don't know is that you may look like a loser to them but Jesus, the King of this whole entire universe and everything in it, sees you as a winner, champion, warrior, and a royal heir to His everlasting kingdom. We are His princess and princesses. We may not get treated as such on the fleeting Earth but you will be treated like that in our Heavenly Father's eternal kingdom. Hopefully, someone will pick up the nicely seasoned biblically references to this message. 😂
*Princes and princesses

Excuse the autocorrect. 😅

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Trying to fit in is overrated
Exactly.
JUST BE YOURSELF!

Well... unless "yourself" is really a jerk or something...
then it's probably fine to be someone else.
: )

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have never fit in my entire life I was always abnormal weird uncool un popular and strange and when I became a Christian as I grew closer and closer to God I felt more and more like an alien or a strnager wandering in a realm I don't belong almost like I am trapped in fake reality I just don't belong and then the scripture came to mind how we are in the world but not of the world.

Besides who wants to be normal anyways? All throughout history anyone who ever did anything great was not normal and didn't really fit in

Nov 12, 2015
I hear you. I don't fit in either. I used to. Then I met God and suddenly I didnt. AND I'm old!

As an example of how I don't fit in, I had chili Mac for breakfast.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
(Heb. 11:13) "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."

We don't fit in here because 'here' is the world under the authority of satan. Thus the world does not like us.

We look to a heavenly inheritance. There we will fit in perfectly. And God is not ashamed to be called our God. (Heb. 11:16)

Quantrill

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Psalms 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Jackie55

Jun 5, 2017
Do you seriously care what other people think of you? Why? I don't give a darn. Every person is special in God's eyes. What more do you want?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Do you seriously care what other people think of you? Why? I don't give a darn. Every person is special in God's eyes. What more do you want?

I'm just going to add a few comments to this, because the topic can be confusing to any new believers that might be reading.

Like many issues, the Biblical answer is a bit nuanced.
There is a sense in which we should NOT care what people think of us,
and there is another sense in which we SHOULD care what people think of us.

Should we care what people think of us?

A. If we're doing good, and trying to live rightly, and be a good witness, and really follow the ethical and BEHAVIORAL mandates of the New Testament... and people dislike us... we need to just let that go, and not care in the least.
(The Bible even PROMISES that if we're living right, we'll have some persecution.)

B. If we're NOT doing good, and we're NOT trying to live right, and be a good witness... or if we're basically just acting like jerks... and THEN people dislike us... we need to examine ourselves, and make some changes.

Really just common sense, but Christians sometimes miss the forest for the trees.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
If you notice the OP did mention having conditions. People with conditions, whether physical or mental, typically have trouble feeling they fit it.
Often even the most confident people will struggle if they have outside conditions that makes normal socialization more difficult or makes them more self conscious.
It's unfortunate but it is to be expected. And for such people the usual "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" approach isn't useful. It may help alleviate things to some degree but not stop it entirely.

And, let a face it, most people struggle with it in one circumstance or another. When held in proper perspective it's not a bad thing, either. But proper perspective is difficult to maintain.