Why do people just cut off what they don't want to hear?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 11, 2018
For the bible seems to despise guile? So how much charm do people need to find the truth? And can they ever see past it these days?

Nov 11, 2018
I wonder how often Jesus pleaded in a way... before people heard him? Why does God send us people.... esp thru the Holy Spirit... but none or few will listen? Must we judge all as full of apathy... cuz I really dont want to do that judgment. I want to hear people yearing for all people full of God's love around them to share it... and them wanting to share in it. Sometimes it feels like a pipe dream though. For so many are full of their own superiority... even if it's not as superior as they think. smh. Sad sad thoughts of loss. Could someone show me a great love and faith and faith even in brethren? would love it!

Nov 11, 2018
We shall seek it together and, more importantly, show it together. Welcome to CC, BB!:):coffee:
We shall seek it together and, more importantly, show it together. Welcome to CC, BB!:):coffee:
Well I've been here before, but thank u so much for the warm welcome. Trouble is, I do not want to toot my own horn, but in order to explain why I am not here as regularly as many, is because for one, I have a family to take care of, 2. I am the shopper, food and hygiene, 3. I shop for cards (hallmark type) and then post in them how God is alive basically, and then stuff them will bills (ranging from 10 to 50), and then when I see a homeless one that God seems to point out to me, I give that card to him/her. And yet, I still have my birds/bunnies to take care of... as well as going back to the first... my husband and son. Thus, I stay pretty busy, but never really too busy for God. I like my newly begotten bimonthly chats on this site... but since my having been graced w/the holy spirit a few years back, i dont take too much crud... one might say. For God will give us authority, as the bible speaks, and as I believe, and anyone fighting it, shall answer to Him, however, if we take our time, we can kind of prove it. thru Him... who gave it to us... from the start. However, most wont get it, so it takes time., ... so moving on... i'mma cut out for now. Will be back soon, I imagine.

Nov 11, 2018
But I felt that was a lot about me, and let me just stop and take a moment more... to thank you! Thank you, thank you, and thank you, so much more.... for being one of those people that I try to be.... who helps others... even when they dont right away see it. THANK YOU! sir! W/A LIL hug to boot! lol

Nov 11, 2018
Thank you, dear. It is true that this world has turned into a den of zombified porcupines.:confused:
So then help me bring it back oyster... we can't save the world... for revelation has been written... but we can hug the necks of our brethren... and be loving before the eyes of God... not in perversity... but as a child... my kid is huggin ur kid, lol :)

Nov 11, 2018
So then help me bring it back oyster... we can't save the world... for revelation has been written... but we can hug the necks of our brethren... and be loving before the eyes of God... not in perversity... but as a child... my kid is huggin ur kid, lol :)
and also, we are still accountable to God... even while the world is falling to crap in a basket, so to speak... we must still be that light~~

Nov 11, 2018
I know right!! I am always trying to tell people that... and it seems that they are always like... whateva! I hate that no one listens! What do you do, Oyster? Please give me some help here... i feel like i'm preaching to the devil... for that is how lil ppl seem to listen!~

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I know right!! I am always trying to tell people that... and it seems that they are always like... whateva! I hate that no one listens! What do you do, Oyster? Please give me some help here... i feel like i'm preaching to the devil... for that is how lil ppl seem to listen!~
Remember Jesus and the prophets. Even though love was not reciprocated back to them, they kept doing it till they were killed for it. Be not discouraged, for great shall be your reward in Heaven. I will see you there shortly, dear.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Nov 11, 2018
Remember Jesus and the prophets. Even though love was not reciprocated back to them, they kept doing it till they were killed for it. Be not discouraged, for great shall be your reward in Heaven. I will see you there shortly, dear.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Well, I love you, Oyster, as if I'd known you my whole life! Bless your heart, and I believe I see God in you! What can I call you? to keep you with me? I want to call you MY relative... but if at least I can call you brethren, my heart is happy today! You have given me a fresh start today. A new breath. And a bigger heart. Thank you! Which, by the way, I don't have hardly any family alive today, so maybe I'm reaching... or maybe just God gives us people like you... to shine upon many children. Regardless, I feel blessed by you!

Nov 11, 2018
Well, I love you, Oyster, as if I'd known you my whole life! Bless your heart, and I believe I see God in you! What can I call you? to keep you with me? I want to call you MY relative... but if at least I can call you brethren, my heart is happy today! You have given me a fresh start today. A new breath. And a bigger heart. Thank you! Which, by the way, I don't have hardly any family alive today, so maybe I'm reaching... or maybe just God gives us people like you... to shine upon many children. Regardless, I feel blessed by you!
Sorry if I got too overly emotional there. For a moment, you just reminded me of some grandparents and great grandparents I used to have, before they passed away, and loved very dearly, and I think I reached out too far. My bad. Sorry. But still, thank you~!... your words are reminiscent of great wisdom of ages!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Sorry if I got too overly emotional there. For a moment, you just reminded me of some grandparents and great grandparents I used to have, before they passed away, and loved very dearly, and I think I reached out too far. My bad. Sorry. But still, thank you~!... your words are reminiscent of great wisdom of ages!
The desire to not want to lose track of one another is a good desire. I think that this is exactly what God intended when He set forth the concept of "Church". If you will hit my 'follow' button, it will help us keep track of each other and stay accountable to each other.

Nov 11, 2018
The desire to not want to lose track of one another is a good desire. I think that this is exactly what God intended when He set forth the concept of "Church". If you will hit my 'follow' button, it will help us keep track of each other and stay accountable to each other.
Okay, I hit follow, but I'm not sure how well, I'll do it, lol... You keep reminding me so much of family that passed away, that you are killing me, smalls! lol... I'm torn between I wanna hug ya forever.... and I wanna run from the memory of similar fam, lol. Well, you know where I am today... I guess tomorrow is another day :) ... and still, I am so thankful for the reminder of darned good old people!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I enjoyed the over flow off love here , tis a rare sight to read :)
...xox...

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I wonder how often Jesus pleaded in a way... before people heard him? Why does God send us people.... esp thru the Holy Spirit... but none or few will listen? Must we judge all as full of apathy... cuz I really dont want to do that judgment. I want to hear people yearing for all people full of God's love around them to share it... and them wanting to share in it. Sometimes it feels like a pipe dream though. For so many are full of their own superiority... even if it's not as superior as they think. smh. Sad sad thoughts of loss. Could someone show me a great love and faith and faith even in brethren? would love it!
Good morning BrightBreezyMorning, Unfortunately, we are currently where the weeds are mixed in with the wheat, and because of such, much of the Word that goes out to others, goes out by the weeds. These weeds are they who when others see them not practicing what they preach, then regard the whole body as hypocrites. Fortunately, we are now at the point where the Lord has commenced to once again shake the earth, so that those things that are made (weeds), who are in reality hypocrites, without any true love for God or their fellow man; shall be shaken out from the true body of Christ (Hebrews 12:26-27).

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Good morning BrightBreezyMorning, Unfortunately, we are currently where the weeds are mixed in with the wheat, and because of such, much of the Word that goes out to others, goes out by the weeds. These weeds are they who when others see them not practicing what they preach, then regard the whole body as hypocrites. Fortunately, we are now at the point where the Lord has commenced to once again shake the earth, so that those things that are made (weeds), who are in reality hypocrites, without any true love for God or their fellow man; shall be shaken out from the true body of Christ (Hebrews 12:26-27).
@BrightBreezyMorning is not able to respond to you. Someone banned her.