Why do people on this site hate the Catholic Church?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bede

I despise the Catholic Church because it shuts out the kingdom of heaven against man. Guilt, punishment and condemnation is the focal point rather than God’s love and saving grace. Where’s the joy?
Can you give an example of that because I think your claim is not true.

B

Bede

Hate is a big word, people disagree with the doctrine and dislike the practices that is not the same as hatred
Calling the Catholic Church evil and not of God is just plain hate speech

B

Bede

The fumata was started in 1914, white smoke and a new poop is elected, I’ve seen people cry over that, the election of a new poop.

What is a fumata and why call thew Pope a poop? Very unchristian.

Jun 10, 2019
Like the China virus right? it shouldn’t be called China virus that is hate speech everything others disagree with these words always seem to pop up

B

Bede

Obviously you do not understand the Woed. of course Jesus is God, now, but He thought it nothing to be a man for time denying Himself. He was born just as you and dI and because of this He no only always had the right to judge us, He also demonstrated earning that right.

God manifested Himself in the form of a man of flesh, temporarily not God. When Jesus was crucified, and resurrected from the dead, His Body began to be glorified. Ergo He told others not to touch Him for He had not yet been glorified.

If the words do not say it loud enough, hear the Holy Spirit. Do not pass on the oppinions of the majority or conclaves or the like. Also, do not correct what others say simply weigh what the content is that you are able to understand. This is nto grammar schoor nor is it the university, it is comprised of real people.
Are you saying that Jesus was not God when on earth?

Jun 10, 2019
What is a fumata and why call thew Pope a poop? Very unchristian.
that be the smoke raising from a chimney at the Vatican when a new pop is elected, is unbiblical and man made practice of elections

B

Bede

I recall walking into the foyer of an RCC building, and reading some of the "orders of service". I came across an exaltation of "Regina cielo" which is Latin for "Queen of Heaven". That's idolatry, period.

How can an organization openly engage in blatant idolatry (which is even identified as such in Scripture) and still think they are Christian?

Just, NO.
No it's not idolatry.

Jun 10, 2019
Unchristian Jesus turned over tables and made a wipe and swung it, it was not made for a symbolic reason,

E

EleventhHour

Not really we are allowed to hate institutions, I can hate my government if I want to so far anyway, that could change tomorrow.

B

Bede

How about some of you supporting your claims with some evidence?

At the moment they are just unsupported opinions.

B

Bede

that be the smoke raising from a chimney at the Vatican when a new pop is elected, is unbiblical and man made practice of elections
Posting on web sites is unbiblical.

The Bible is not a manual for everything we do.

B

Bede

A thin veneer of religious words to cover the true nature of the beast.
Sad but true.
Those at the top they know, the adherents are brainwashed, religion has that effect.
You spout rubbish. How about a serious discussion?

Jun 10, 2019
How about some of you supporting your claims with some evidence?

At the moment they are just unsupported opinions.
Where in the Bible talks about white smoke is to be used for signally a new preacher pope or whatever the title is supposed to represent.

B

Bede

Then why are you posting hypocrite, you made the thread
Because I don't believe that we can only do what the Bible says.
Perhaps I should have said non-biblical.

B

Bede

Where in the Bible talks about white smoke is to be used for signally a new preacher pope or whatever the title is supposed to represent.

And what is wrong with white smoke announcing that a Pope has been elected?

Jun 10, 2019
And what is wrong with white smoke announcing that a Pope has been elected?
Because it is glorying a single person a man for what? do you know?

Jun 10, 2019
Saints didn’t pray to other saints friends of God period, and call no man father you have only one Father in heaven