Why do problems exist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brandon777
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brandon777

Guest
Kinda a deep question I know. I don't think any of our answers will suffice to completely answer this. But we can try right?
 
You might have to explain that one. I've never heard that angle before ;)
 
Your question is very broad. It is hard to know exactly what kinds of "problems" you are talking about. The quick answer is that God allows "problems" to affect our lives in order to strengthen us, humble us, and bring us closer to Him. Anything beyond that would require a more narrow definition of "problems".
 
Is that the complete answer? Or could you expound on those things by answering how those three things happen? I seek for wisdom.
 
I had a close friend in a wheelchair. We were running a bible study together. He prayed "Thank you Lord for all our problems." I was not mature enough. On the way home I told him "Charlie, I can't agree with your prayer".

Now I know better. This is the way God made it. It's just exactly like dmdave77 said.
 
* Suffering exists

* Suffering has a cause

* Suffering is caused by:
* our reaction to flesh (senses and mind) - ID
* our desire and craving to satisfy the flesh and the mind -- materialism,
worldliness, sensory pleasures, temporal pleasures, emotion -- EGO

​
* THE GOOD NEWS:

* Suffering can be avoided or overcome by understanding these simple causes of suffering,
and coming to a knowledge of the path of Right Living which is denial of self, love of godly
principles put into the mind and action, and the love of others just as Jesus stated. It is --
THE WAY.


the-beatitudes.png


[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qylM9qVeGfc[/video]
 
* Suffering exists

* Suffering has a cause

* Suffering is caused by:
* our reaction to flesh (senses and mind) - ID
* our desire and craving to satisfy the flesh and the mind -- materialism,
worldliness, sensory pleasures, temporal pleasures, emotion -- EGO

​
* THE GOOD NEWS:

* Suffering can be avoided or overcome by understanding these simple causes of suffering,
and coming to a knowledge of the path of Right Living which is denial of self, love of godly
principles put into the mind and action, and the love of others just as Jesus stated. It is --
THE WAY.


the-beatitudes.png


[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qylM9qVeGfc[/video]

So you believe if we live right, denying the self and living like Jesus, we will avoid suffering?
 
Trolling is unneccesary.

It was a statement that followed the same way of thinking of that of the person of whom I quoted. It was meant to show the ridiculousness of his logic in a fun way. Nawo hates explaining herself.
 
It was a statement that followed the same way of thinking of that of the person of whom I quoted. It was meant to show the ridiculousness of his logic in a fun way. Nawo hates explaining herself.

His logic wasn't ridiculous in any way. :) It's very true.
 
It was a statement that followed the same way of thinking of that of the person of whom I quoted. It was meant to show the ridiculousness of his logic in a fun way. Nawo hates explaining herself.
dig.png
 
I had a close friend in a wheelchair. We were running a bible study together. He prayed "Thank you Lord for all our problems." I was not mature enough. On the way home I told him "Charlie, I can't agree with your prayer".

Now I know better. This is the way God made it. It's just exactly like dmdave77 said.

I'd still like a how to that.
 
Kinda a deep question I know. I don't think any of our answers will suffice to completely answer this. But we can try right?

I believe the answer to your question is answered in the Garden of Eden, when Adam and Eve turned away from the Word of God to do what seemed right to them. Satan used an inflection to deceive in the sense that we certainly are like gods who surely do not die. We cannot see this type of death. What many do not see is that Adam and Eve died into sin and this was the type of death God spoke of. In the flesh we are tempted this same way, and when we chose sin, we died into sin. This was and is the reason Jesus was sent, that we might be saved from the place we chose to go....
 
I believe the answer to your question is answered in the Garden of Eden, when Adam and Eve turned away from the Word of God to do what seemed right to them. Satan used an inflection to deceive in the sense that we certainly are like gods who surely do not die. We cannot see this type of death. What many do not see is that Adam and Eve died into sin and this was the type of death God spoke of. In the flesh we are tempted this same way, and when we chose sin, we died into sin. This was and is the reason Jesus was sent, that we might be saved from the place we chose to go....

good answer.