Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
2 Peter 3:14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.
15 And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
Peter’s Final Words
17 You already know these things, dear friends. So be on guard; then you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. 18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So it depends on the person what house one builds. That is our actions and depends on US. NOT CHRIST. Jesus Christ can never be broken.
So what exactly are you suggesting? Is our salvation dependent on us or is it based squarely on the grace of God and the finished work of Christ? Those who believe on Him will build on Him alone.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
So what exactly are you suggesting? Is our salvation dependent on us or is it based squarely on the grace of God and the finished work of Christ? Those who believe on Him will build on Him alone.
I was talking about the house we build for ourselves. Never said anything about salvation.

Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
MANY will come before Christ peddling exactly what these guys are peddling.........we know their destiny......

Lord, Lord have we not done blah blah blah

Same dogma....

a. Claim faith "Lord, Lord"
b. They believe entrance based partially on what they have done (WORKS in the name of JESUS)

There is a reason the number is PLENTEOUS....most so called Christian religions peddle this dogma in some form or fashion....

The simplicity found in Christ--->It pleased GOD to save those that believe!!
A one month old child is not saved through faith in Christ alone, any other explanation (apart from faith) of how this child is saved qualifies the 'free gift through grace'.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Jesus being the King of kings and Lord of lords, the essence of all intellect and intelligence, would have then stated quite clearly, for God so loved the world that most people who believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life. Some unfortunate ones however would go to hell.
In order to place doubt on whether or not those who believe in Him will not perish and receive eternal life, the Roman Catholic Bible (NAB) reads in John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

Dec 12, 2013
Based on everything youve stated even the believers who do works are also saved. Not otherwise like you state. If you believe you are saved and you cannot lose your salvation. So why would people who do works lose their salvation?

Kind of ironic to be peddling that catholics wont be saved? If they believe and choose to do works doesnt change Gods grace and mercy.

Why do you contradict your own belief by saying the ones who do works wont be saved? Salvation losers as you called them. How is that so? Does doing works cause someone to lose their salvation? That contradicts everything you said. Not sure I get where the logic goes with that one?
I never said nor implied any such thing pal.....Maybe you are not reading what I have said.....WORKS saves no one...faith ALONE is what saves a man....ANY WORK/FRUIT produced is the result of the faith and salvation one already possesses eternally in Christ.....and to take it even further....ANY work/fruit PRODUCED is produced BY CHRIST THROUGH US as a living sacrifice....

So, not sure what you are missing or misunderstanding.........

And as far as Catholics........I have consistently stated that their dogma is false......

SO............I contradict nothing...that is only in your head as I have been consistent from day one.....

E

eternally-gratefull

I was talking about the house we build for ourselves. Never said anything about salvation.

Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.
But that foundation is salvation.

If your not saved yet, Your building on the sand.

E

eternally-gratefull

2 Peter 3:14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.
15 And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
Peter’s Final Words
17 You already know these things, dear friends. So be on guard; then you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. 18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.
Yep. So why are you distorting pauls words?

E

eternally-gratefull

Based on everything youve stated even the believers who do works are also saved. Not otherwise like you state. If you believe you are saved and you cannot lose your salvation. So why would people who do works lose their salvation?

Kind of ironic to be peddling that catholics wont be saved? If they believe and choose to do works doesnt change Gods grace and mercy.

Why do you contradict your own belief by saying the ones who do works wont be saved? Salvation losers as you called them. How is that so? Does doing works cause someone to lose their salvation? That contradicts everything you said. Not sure I get where the logic goes with that one?
The people who do works who lose salvation NEVER HAD IT.

Jesus makes this clear. “
Many in that day will say lord lord. Have we not (Done all the works) in your name. Jesus will say depart for I NEVER KNEW YOU.

If HE NEVER KNEW YOU, even if you did works in his name, you were NEVER SAVED

How do we know?

Well paul told timothy (and us)

2 Timothy 2:19
Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lordknows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

Thats the foundation we stand on,

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019

You misunderstand....

If your faith (belief,trust,confidence)
is not in Christ to keep you saved, but in your works.....

Then your faith is not in Christ.....

Those who He never knew who point to thier many "wonderful works" for justification... did not trust in Him.

Faith in Jesus is not just some prerequisite for salvation....

Those who are born again are imputed with His righteousness and this is what will get us into heaven.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
In order to place doubt on whether or not those who believe in Him will not perish and receive eternal life, the Roman Catholic Bible (NAB) reads in John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.
IMO the Catholic Church is the worst thing to ever happen to the Word of God. The example you provide is a perfect example indeed.

E

eternally-gratefull

IMO the Catholic Church is the worst thing to ever happen to the Word of God. The example you provide is a perfect example indeed.
The catholic church is nothing but Satan’s new testament version of the OT jews who crucified christ. Probably his two greatest achievments

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I read the following this morning:
This is the only work God wants from you: believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

E

eternally-gratefull

I read the following this morning:
This is the only work God wants from you: believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29
Amen

Out of this FAITH comes salvation, and a change person who learns to walk as christ walked. As scripture says, without faith NO ONE CAN PLEASE HIM

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Soul Sleep is FALSE DOCTRINE. ALL the OT saints as well as ALL the NT saints who have passed on are in Heaven. Take some time to search out the passages which clearly say so.
I fully agree with you Nehemiah6. The Lord shows us many signs now that it happens right now. We count the last times or days since Jesus Christ came to the Earth 2000 years ago.

Those who disagree check out:
1 PETER 1:19-20
"19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,"

and

1 JOHN 2:18
"18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

and

JOHN 5:25-29
"25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

It is clear that since Jesus' resurrection the dead hear His voice and rise and all the wicked rise to damnation which is in hell RIGHT NOW!

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Why so upset?
Do you consider yourself to be amongst the Christians who wind up in hell as you claim?

I will keep asking until you answer properly
Upset because I see a brother who washed his robe in the blood of Jesus but the robe is spotted. And do you know what will happen to those whose robes are spotted? Check the bible!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Christians cannot build anything apart from Christ and the Holy Spirit. As Jesus said "Without me ye can do nothing". Salvation begins with justification, continues with sanctification, and is completed in glorification. And as Scripture says "It is GOD which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure". (Phil 2:13).

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Upset because I see a brother who washed his robe in the blood of Jesus but the robe is spotted. And do you know what will happen to those whose robes are spotted? Check the bible!
1. No one other than God knows who is truly saved. So that is none of your concern.

2. If you believe that there is a sinning brother in your church (whom you know personally) then you should simply follow the instructions given James: Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (James 5:19,20).

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I know. They have salvation.