Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

We all are going through trials at certain points of our life when Satan makes requests of God to swift us and sadly many fall and do not stand up. Is it because they are lukewarm Christians or lacking of faith?

God promises to keep those who are His

A New Birth To A Living Hope
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. I Peter 1

well when I read the above from I Peter 1, I understand that it is God Himself who gives new life in Christ because of His great mercy and after that, if we belong to Him, we are protected through faith FOR salvation...meaning He does not give to the wolves those who are His. He will go out after the lamb that wanders off as well as that well known parable tells us

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God
Ephesians 3:16-19

and when I read the above from Ephesians 3, I understand that God strengthens us by His Spirit...in our spirit so that we may continue in faith and be established...build our faith from the foundation of what we originally understood as the gospel when we accepted Christ...so that Christ is found in us and we may be able to understand the love He has for us

in fact, such love, that it surpasses knowledge...God is the fullness of knowledge

God keeps us.

from such as above, I would understand that NO Christians will be in hell and it is devilish to assume so and maybe worse to teach it

God's love casts out all fear.

7seasrekeyed

actually that is one of the most beautiful and reassuring things Jesus ever said to us! (that is recorded anyway)

'I will never leave you nor forsake you!'

beautiful and true

Jesus will nothing..none who are His

and we CAN know that we have eternal life (in Him)

He says so...so many here doubt that

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
actually that is one of the most beautiful and reassuring things Jesus ever said to us! (that is recorded anyway)

'I will never leave you nor forsake you!'

beautiful and true

Jesus will nothing..none who are His

and we CAN know that we have eternal life (in Him)

He says so...so many here doubt that
I was just thinking the same thing earlier today :)

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
You havent made any point. You actually are arguing against Jesus and making a bad judgement.

LUKE 6
46 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? 47 I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. 49 But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house right on the ground, without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

How can someone say they belong to Jesus but doesnt DO what God asks from us. Someone who does what God says is likened to someone "building, digging, laying" all actions. All actions constructive to our foundation of Jesus.

You say you dont have to do anything. That my friend is YOUR ERROR. Not mine. We will do all that Jesus asks and commands because we belong to Him. He is what we base our foundation on. Everything we do must be through Him for Him. There are things God asks of us.

Someone who doesnt OBEY is likened to a person who doesnt have a foundation. And their ruin is great when they are hit with trouble. So clearly OBEYING is attributed to SOLID FOUNDATION.

I pointed out in my previous post that if we do things carnaly we can be building on our own merits and not leaning to God for guidance. When trouble hits a person can get discouraged. Ive seen people hit this one when we listen to our own devices and then question God why did He allow this to happen... this was not built in OBEDIENCE. This was what I was trying to say before you came at me harshly.

Good luck friend. You said I wasnt your brother in another forum. Clearly there is no love from your part. Take care.
We should really start reading from verse 20, not separate from verse 46 onwards. When that is done, I think it really misintere
Upset because I see a brother who washed his robe in the blood of Jesus but the robe is spotted. And do you know what will happen to those whose robes are spotted? Check the bible!
Sure and do you consider yourself one of them who will wind up in hell?

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Salvation is not losable..........end of story......

The following is a comparison between the bible and salvation losers......and make no mistake...this is exactly what they peddle and or how they butcher the word of God by their losable salvation....

Bible -->I will never leave thee or forsake thee
Salvation Losers ---->Jesus is a liar and will leave us and forsake us

Bible --->We are saved to the uttermost and kept by the power of God through faith
Salvation losers --->The power of God is weak and inept, we are not saved to the uttermost and GOD does not keep us

Bible -->Jesus begins, finishes and completes the work of faith in us
Salvation losers --->WE must maintain our faith because JESUS does not finish and complete the work of faith in us

Bible -->He that believes on the SON is having everlasting/eternal life
Salvation losers --->He that believes and MAINTAINS his belief on the SON is having temporal life based upon what he does or does not do

Bible -->Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law
Salvation losers -->James out of context tells us we are justified by our works before God

Bible -->It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Salvation losers --->It pleased God by works, church membership, baptism, pew jumping, speaking in tongues, back flipping down the isle, saying 57 hail Mary's, taking the Lord's supper, keeping the sacraments and a dozen other religiously zealous man made efforts to save them

Bible -->NOTHING can separate us from the love of GOD
Salvation losers -->Numerous things can separate us from the love of GOD

Bible--->We are in the Son's hand, the Father's hand and NO AN can remove us from that position
Salvation losers -->The above is false, we can remove ourselves because God is weak and inept

Bible -->We are sealed unto the day of redemption
Salvation losers-->The seal of God can be broken because God is weak and inept

Bible --->Where sin abounds, grace abounds the more
Salvation losers--> We qualify, quantify sin and God's grace only covers those small sins when we mess up and for sure we have never lost it, but eternal security believers lose it because they believe they can live any way they want and live like the devil

Bible --->He that believes on the Son is not condemned
Salvation losers --> Believers are condemned all the time and returned to being goats after becoming sheep

Bible --> I will lose nothing, but raise it up the last day
Salvation losers -->God loses people all the time because he is too weak to keep them saved

Bible--> We are born again from above by INCORRUPTIBLE SEED
Salvation losers --> We are not born of incorruptible seed, because that seed can be corrupted and one die lost after being born again

Bible --> The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable
Salvation losers -->God's free GIFT of salvation can be revoked because GOD will break ALL the above promises and send one to hell after being saved

ETC.............I dare to say that salvation losers are false.....and what they peddle is not of GOD and as blasphemous as it comes......the above is a SMALL sample of scriptural promises that MUST BE DENIED, REJECTED and or SWEPT UNDER THE TABLE to peddle a dime store salvation that cannot be found in the bible and or a dime store salvation that devalues the work, promises and ministry of CHRIST!!!!!!!
I was referring to this post of yours.

He that believes on the Son is not condemned,
Where sin abounds grace abounds even more,
Nothing can seperate us from the love of God,
Etc etc etc

Every example you gave we can just as well say the Catholics as well as others whom you condemn as not having salvation, are saved by all your examples and can never lose their salvation.

That includes every example you included in the subsequent categories. None of those examples can make the person lose their salvation. Your discontent with them may be your own personal choice, but according to your presentation of scripture none of these people will be lost. They all belong to Christ. Because they believe in the Son of God.

To say otherwise would contradict what you believe. To say they trust their deeds is still not enough to lose their salvation. You have clearly made the arguement one cannot lose salvation. They didnt do the deeds without acknowledging and believing Christ died for them.

I didnt misunderstand anything. I think you missed your own point. You have included everyone by default. Those which you CONDEMN. Your posts along with those who agree with you (Eternally greatful, undergrace) are constantly bad mouthing other Christians under the same guidlines which according to you guys exclude them from the salvation. Claiming that they do not believe the Gospel. But this contradicts everything you have stated?

There is only one Jesus Christ. The one who died on the cross and rose again. All who believe in Jesus Christ is saved. How is it that they do not qualify for salvation? Sounds like bigotism.

Speaking in tounges, pushing salvation, doing works, would not lose their salvation according to your entire post. How can you discredit others? To do so, according to YOU, would suggest "God is weak and inept".

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Christians cannot build anything apart from Christ and the Holy Spirit. As Jesus said "Without me ye can do nothing". Salvation begins with justification, continues with sanctification, and is completed in glorification. And as Scripture says "It is GOD which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure". (Phil 2:13).
You can have salvation and still build on your own accord. Have you ever heard of a fellow brother or sister struggle in their marriage?

If we as a Christian build a relationship with the opposite sex and not obey what Jesus teaches, such as not to be unequally yoked, if we DO NOT OBEY, we are placed in the building on sand category. Now when that relationship fails, the ruin will be great. Now does that mean a person loses their salvation? NO.

The person suffers the consequences. The person who takes the same biblical teachings and OBEYS them, is likened to building on solid foundation. When lifes struggles come the person is unmoved. That relationship will withstand. Because they built their house on Jesus teachings and obedience. That is wisdom.

The passage has nothing to do with salvation. It is a wise teaching on how to live our lives and what to expect if we stray from sound doctrine in our lives. The choices we make determine the outcome.

I will build on what Christ teaches me. I want to live an abundant life. With Jesus leading the way. Jesus is my rock and my foundation. God is an amazing father, and I just want to be a better child.

God bless you all. Im done posting. I have to get back to my duties and responsibilities. Summer is officially over. Hope no one is offended by what Ive said. If so take it up with God. Let Him discipline me. I am accountable to God. I belong to Christ.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You can have salvation and still build on your own accord. Have you ever heard of a fellow brother or sister struggle in their marriage?
Now you are off on a tangent. We are not discussing wilful sin.

E

eternally-gratefull

Upset because I see a brother who washed his robe in the blood of Jesus but the robe is spotted. And do you know what will happen to those whose robes are spotted? Check the bible!
So God is incapable of washing us white as snow?

Who does the washing? Us or God?

E

eternally-gratefull

Etc etc etc

Every example you gave we can just as well say the Catholics as well as others whom you condemn as not having salvation, are saved by all your examples and can never lose their salvation.

That includes every example you included in the subsequent categories. None of those examples can make the person lose their salvation. Your discontent with them may be your own personal choice, but according to your presentation of scripture none of these people will be lost. They all belong to Christ. Because they believe in the Son of God.

To say otherwise would contradict what you believe. To say they trust their deeds is still not enough to lose their salvation. You have clearly made the arguement one cannot lose salvation. They didnt do the deeds without acknowledging and believing Christ died for them.

I didnt misunderstand anything. I think you missed your own point. You have included everyone by default. Those which you CONDEMN. Your posts along with those who agree with you (Eternally greatful, undergrace) are constantly bad mouthing other Christians under the same guidlines which according to you guys exclude them from the salvation. Claiming that they do not believe the Gospel. But this contradicts everything you have stated?

There is only one Jesus Christ. The one who died on the cross and rose again. All who believe in Jesus Christ is saved. How is it that they do not qualify for salvation? Sounds like bigotism.

Speaking in tounges, pushing salvation, doing works, would not lose their salvation according to your entire post. How can you discredit others? To do so, according to YOU, would suggest "God is weak and inept".
Wrong

Catholics and others who think they are saved by the gospel the churches they go to teach, and have yet to repent and come to true faith. there faith is in their deeds (in catholicisim, their sacramental system of works) and not in the work of Christ.

so what DC said would not fit their gospel at all

E

eternally-gratefull

If we as a Christian build a relationship with the opposite sex and not obey what Jesus teaches, such as not to be unequally yoked, if we DO NOT OBEY, we are placed in the building on sand category. Now when that relationship fails, the ruin will be great. Now does that mean a person loses their salvation? NO.

The person suffers the consequences. The person who takes the same biblical teachings and OBEYS them, is likened to building on solid foundation. When lifes struggles come the person is unmoved. That relationship will withstand. Because they built their house on Jesus teachings and obedience. That is wisdom.

The passage has nothing to do with salvation. It is a wise teaching on how to live our lives and what to expect if we stray from sound doctrine in our lives. The choices we make determine the outcome.

I will build on what Christ teaches me. I want to live an abundant life. With Jesus leading the way. Jesus is my rock and my foundation. God is an amazing father, and I just want to be a better child.

God bless you all. Im done posting. I have to get back to my duties and responsibilities. Summer is officially over. Hope no one is offended by what Ive said. If so take it up with God. Let Him discipline me. I am accountable to God. I belong to Christ.
Thats salvation

the person who builds their house on Christ will never fall. Because the house can not be tore down (it does not mean they will nto sin, it means they will never fall completely away where their salvation is gone)

Its the people who build it on the sand, religion, works, laws, rules, etc etc, who fall when a major storm comes, because their faith, which is non existent, can not withstand.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The word *Satan* is capitalized throughout the Bible, so I don't know what you are suggested. He was called *ha Satan* in Hebrew (meaning Adversary).
Capitalizing his name shows him respect. The devil doesn't deserve respect.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
So God is incapable of washing us white as snow?

Who does the washing? Us or God?
Hi EG...
I was reading this morning about how Jesus washes our feet as we come to Him daily with our faults , confessing our wrongs and how we do not need to be washed all over because that is a one time advent when He washed us with His blood on the cross , saved by Gods grace...

He washed all our sins away , yet we are to come to Him for our daily cleansing , like when He said to Peter , " You do not need a bath , you are already clean "

Praise God and thank You Jesus that You O God wash us daily to keep us in step with You , and our relationship with You in order...

It is our LORD and Savior who does the washing...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

Hi EG...
I was reading this morning about how Jesus washes our feet as we come to Him daily with our faults , confessing our wrongs and how we do not need to be washed all over because that is a one time advent when He washed us with His blood on the cross , saved by Gods grace...

He washed all our sins away , yet we are to come to Him for our daily cleansing , like when He said to Peter , " You do not need a bath , you are already clean "

Praise God and thank You Jesus that You O God wash us daily to keep us in step with You , and our relationship with You in order...

It is our LORD and Savior who does the washing...xox...
Amen, As jesus said, we are COMPLETELY clean by the word (although not everyone) but we do need our feet washed because we get dirty.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

Etc etc etc

I apologize for interjecting and am not speaking for anyone else. But it can be argued that people who rely on themselves to “maintain” their salvation, in fact do not have faith in Jesus, hence the proposition that such folks may not be saved.

It is my prayer that people with even just the tiniest mustard seed size of hope in Jesus are granted salvation.

U

UnderGrace

I think you missed @dcontroversal point, which is this>>>>> what certain people (saved or not) believe about their own salvation as contrasted to what the bible plainly teaches.

And I would agree the objective truth is that salvation cannot be lost, given back, forfeited or maintained and the subjective belief ultimately has no bearing on reality (truth) except that they teach a false doctrine for which they are accountable.

Aug 20, 2019
I don't think there's anyone in Hell yet because the resurrection for judgement hasn't happened yet. They are in the ground waiting for it. If everyone who died is already in heaven or hell then who will be resurrected to be judged? The graves would be empty of souls. And speaking of judgement, we can't know if a Christian will go to Hell because it's God's judgement to make. If he decides to have mercy on someone who in our eyes deserves hell, what is it to us? Everyone deserves hell!
I love when you guys respond like this saves me the typing.

Aug 20, 2019
I have witnessed and experienced the hand of God here. I will agree that we, online or off, are still living in a fallen world, thus subject to His, the adversarys', influence. However, we have the mighty hand of God as our refuge as we walk through the valley of shadows. Praise be to God for His ongoing intervention.
You hit the nail on the head, as long as your a true believer you will know it's only a shadow.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I apologize for interjecting and am not speaking for anyone else. But it can be argued that people who rely on themselves to “maintain” their salvation, in fact do not have faith in Jesus, hence the proposition that such folks may not be saved.

It is my prayer that people with even just the tiniest mustard seed size of hope in Jesus are granted salvation.
I have posted this before in other forums, not sure if I did here...anyway,

The mustard seed faith is the greatest faith one can have for the very reason of the strength of its roots. The roots go down to a depth of around 23 feet, and cannot be stamped out.
Learned this from a great man of faith who moved in miracles in a tiny church in Pa. And I did my research. It’s true.