Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I belive we fall because of sin . We may be saved and covered by the blood of Jesus . But we still sin because we live in a world full of sin . But praise God for marcy . We can pray for our sins to be forgiven . God had known we would still sin that is why God sent Jesus .
Welcome to our community. :)
I think if a redeemed reborn person thinks they are still a sinner then they are not actually redeemed in Christ. And the Holy Spirit cannot dwell within them.

If we are still sinners , what was accomplished in our repentance and redemption from sin?
Those redeemed in Christ are dead to sin and alive in righteousness. By Jesus stripes we are healed. If we are still sinners then Jesus died for naught.

Mar 28, 2016
Etymology of Baal.

Baal means something along the vein of husband, master, lord, owner. .

A sir name baal (Lord) of Peor, or lord of the flies in whom Jesus was falsely accused of. Baal the god ultimately became known as the Greek Belos, identified with Zeus.

Father of lies he was a murder from the beginning .

John 8:44 Your father is the devil. You belong to him. You want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning. He was always against the truth. There is no truth in him. He is like the lies he tells. Yes, the devil is a liar. He is the father of lies.

Mar 28, 2016
Welcome to our community. :)
I think if a redeemed reborn person thinks they are still a sinner then they are not actually redeemed in Christ. And the Holy Spirit cannot dwell within them.

If we are still sinners , what was accomplished in our repentance and redemption from sin?
Those redeemed in Christ are dead to sin and alive in righteousness. By Jesus stripes we are healed. If we are still sinners then Jesus died for naught.
The wage of sin in not accredited to our account . But everyone sins every day . We are living in bodies of death .Its what they do from the moment we are born .

We should be careful if we say we do not sin we make him to be a liar. Because we are sinners Christ died.
You can ask what was accomplished in our repentance and redemption from sin .That would be forgiveness .He causes us to repent so we after he works in us turns us. . . . We can return and comfort one self..

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Job was a human being, are you different species? If He needed permission for Job, He needs it for all other human beings.
you know Satan's been kicked out of heaven already right?

Luke 10:18 Jesus said "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven"

The war in heaven where Satan was evicted already happened...

Aug 28, 2019
The wage of sin in not accredited to our account . But everyone sins every day . We are living in bodies of death .Its what they do from the moment we are born .

We should be careful if we say we do not sin we make him to be a liar. Because we are sinners Christ died.
You can ask what was accomplished in our repentance and redemption from sin .That would be forgiveness .He causes us to repent so we after he works in us turns us. . . . We can return and comfort one self..

Aug 28, 2019
garee , we are siners because we do sin every day , but with God we are forgiven all we have to do is pray to God and and repent . Then in God's eyes it was as if it never happened .

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

I think that passage that says we make him a liar if we say we have no sin in us in the Book of 1st John chapter 1 is referring to that state we are in prior to redemption. I think if we read the whole chapter one we may glean that information. That verse 10 in the proper context of the few prior one's is assuring those who hear the message of the God of light and think they do not need redemption from their sins are the one's said to be deceiving themselves.
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

“No one who lives in Christ keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him” The Book of 1st John Chapter 3 and verse 6.

1 John 3:9 Everyone who has been fathered by God does not practice sin, because God’s seed resides in him, and thus he is not able to sin, because he has been fathered by God

“We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them” 1 John 5:18

I think our sins are put under the blood of Jesus when we are repentant and then redeemed in Christ. God no longer holds those transgressions against us. Therefore, I don't know how after we're regenerated into a new being from that former carnal self that our behaviors would still qualify as the same type of transgressions as before salvation.
If they did what were we saved from? If we tally new sins that we have to be repentant of.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
garee , we are siners because we do sin every day , but with God we are forgiven all we have to do is pray to God and and repent . Then in God's eyes it was as if it never happened .
I like how you put that. :) God doesn't ever hold our mistakes against us once we're in Christ.
Yes, we transgress God's law from time to time. However, it doesn't get held against us as it did before. And the redeemed in Christ would not make a habit of transgressing God's law. If we do we have an advocate for us in Jesus.

That is the other issue too when it is said the law of God no longer matters or applies. Sin is transgression of God's law. Without God's law there is no such thing as sin. Thus, the law of God would still have to be in effect if even as Christians we can and do sin against his law. Even when we are under grace the law is as I read it a measuring stick of sorts that reminds us of who we are now. And who we once were. That one that is now buried along with their fallen tendencies so as to have arisen, in Baptism, into their new sense of self. Aware more of God's law and led to follow it by the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If one dies while being a Christian, One will end up with Jesus in eternity...

No one who dies a Christian will end up in the eternal Lake of Fire...

E

eternally-gratefull

But a living person, who has eternal life. Can still not make it to heaven?

Aug 28, 2019
I like how you put that. :) God doesn't ever hold our mistakes against us once we're in Christ.
Yes, we transgress God's law from time to time. However, it doesn't get held against us as it did before. And the redeemed in Christ would not make a habit of transgressing God's law. If we do we have an advocate for us in Jesus.

That is the other issue too when it is said the law of God no longer matters or applies. Sin is transgression of God's law. Without God's law there is no such thing as sin. Thus, the law of God would still have to be in effect if even as Christians we can and do sin against his law. Even when we are under grace the law is as I read it a measuring stick of sorts that reminds us of who we are now. And who we once were. That one that is now buried along with their fallen tendencies so as to have arisen, in Baptism, into their new sense of self. Aware more of God's law and led to follow it by the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.
I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace that He shows us . The Holy Spirit is a wonderful working gift we have to speak to us . But the greastest gift is Jesus Christ with we have salvation if we call upon his name . God was so gracies when He sent His Son and the Holy Spirit . Lets not forget about His word the Bible to give us a road map to how to live our life .

E

eternally-gratefull

I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace that He shows us . The Holy Spirit is a wonderful working gift we have to speak to us . But the greastest gift is Jesus Christ with we have salvation if we call upon his name . God was so gracies when He sent His Son and the Holy Spirit . Lets not forget about His word the Bible to give us a road map to how to live our life .
So how do we save our life?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Adstar Said::

But a living person, who has eternal life. Can still not make it to heaven?
One must persevere in Faith till they leave this world.. Either by death or by rapture.. What ever comes first..

If one Believes Jesus and has Faith in His Atonement now then one is currently in the state of salvation..

E

eternally-gratefull

One must persevere in Faith till they leave this world.. Either by death or by rapture.. What ever comes first..

If one Believes Jesus and has Faith in His Atonement now then one is currently in the state of salvation..
How can that person ever lose faith? Is God going to fail them? Is God going to prove himself unfaithful? Who loses faith in a perfect holy and righteous God who keeps ALL his promises?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
How can that person ever lose faith? Is God going to fail them? Is God going to prove himself unfaithful? Who loses faith in a perfect holy and righteous God who keeps ALL his promises?
God never fails... But people.. For whatever reason, can and do abandon the faith and fall away from the truth..

E

eternally-gratefull

God never fails... But people.. For whatever reason, can and do abandon the faith and fall away from the truth..
People are people.

We pick other people to trust,

As long as they continue to prove faithfull, we continue to trust them

When they fail, we stop trusting them.

Your right, god never fails. That is why no one who is ever saved by him and experiences his true love would ever lose faith, they may doubt certain areas. And have week faith in others, but they will never stop trusting in him for eternity.

Dec 9, 2011
We all are going through trials at certain points of our life when Satan makes requests of God to swift us and sadly many fall and do not stand up. Is it because they are lukewarm Christians or lacking of faith?
I would say "lacking of faith"means they were never saved.
IMO a person Is not a CHRIST follower unless they have been reborn and If they have been reborn they were born again of Incorruptible seed and the bible says the person that has had their spirit made perfect will seek to purify themselves even as they are pure.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Your right, god never fails. That is why no one who is ever saved by him and experiences his true love would ever lose faith
Well i disagree on this point.. Some people do fall away.. To fall away from the Faith one must have been at some stage in the Faith.. You cannot fall away from something that you have never been apart of...

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Its one of those doctrines that must be revisited. It exposes the idea of men as a lie that men suffer after they are dead. (false gospel)

Hell is a living suffering that a corrupted creation experiences in dying you will be dead. . The wrath of God revealed from heaven .

How it became a work men can perform after their temporal spirit returns to the father who gave it temporally as a violation to the letter of the law and body returns to the lifeless spiritless dust .

I think it was a idea that God would scare the heel out believer as a source of faith rather than give them the faith (his) to make it possible to please Him . Can't go to hell if a paerson is already thier sufering the wage of sin. God forgives sin.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Christian can get relif is they cry out to one that can hear them . No salvation Sabbath rest for the wicked the restless wanderers

2 Samuel 22:6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;

Hell by reason of my affliction and the father heard my voice by reason of his mercy and salvation.

Two walking together in living agreement .The dead know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing, feel nothing.

Jonah 2 King James Version (KJV) Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

"Belly of hell" place of living suffering same as three days and nights in hard "heart of the earth" .

When Jesus suffered the pangs of hell. He said Father take away this cup. . . if not strengthen me to finish it .Just as he did with Jonas . the last sign and wonder . Which is different than a sign. . . like a sign of times that stands alone and not as a wonderment source of unseen.(faith)
Matthew 13: 37-43. Jesus isn’t playing around.