Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
You’ve described yourself perfectly. Now rather than getting mad and responding with more arrogance and condemnation, you should pray, asking God to bring clarity to you regarding His saving grace which is afforded to everyone who has faith in Jesus Christ.

You talk about people reading Scripture but not receiving the truth. The truth is you read Jesus’s words regarding people shutting out the kingdom of heaven against others, not going in themselves or letting others enter. You do precisely that. Where is God’s grace in your theology? Again, I encourage you to pray for clarity. I too will be praying for you.
I haven't had time to read all this thread but have read the last few posts and not sure what the disagreement is about? Maybe TLC is referring to people who read or teach Scripture and don't believe, or have what some view as false doctrine which mislead his congregation. For instance, William Barclay. (Read about him below and how many best sellers he has from his work).

Is that what this is about? Or have I missed something. William Barclay was a famous Church of Scotland Minister and wrote many books, some of which are best sellers today. Yet he didn't really believe what others believe. He didn't think Jesus did any miracles or in the Virgin Birth and many other things. Not sure if this is what you mean as an example TLC in false teachers? Again, like I said I haven't had time to read all the thread.

http://truthmagazine.com/archives/volume25/TM025066.html

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Maybe TLC is referring to people who read or teach Scripture and don't believe
That’s not the case, at least here anyway. I believe, you believe, UG, EG, DC all believe. It seems there’s a serious lack of grace in his/her theology. If I’m wrong I apologize.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
That’s not the case, at least here anyway. I believe, you believe, UG, EG, DC all believe. It seems there’s a serious lack of grace in his/her theology. If I’m wrong I apologize.
Oh righty ho. I haven't read it all to be honest....I get a bit cross eyed when I stare at screens to long!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Oh righty ho. I haven't read it all to be honest....I get a bit cross eyed when I stare at screens to long!
I want to make it known that I made a mistake in being rude with TLC. I thought TLC was the OP once again thumping his self righteousness chest. That’s why I responded the way I did and I was wrong. TLC has heard from me privately.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
I want to make it known that I made a mistake in being rude with TLC. I thought TLC was the OP once again thumping his self righteousness chest. That’s why I responded the way I did and I was wrong. TLC has heard from me privately.
That's okay and great that you noticed it. I have done that before as well (get crosseyed with so many threads!)

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
You’ve described yourself perfectly. Now rather than getting mad and responding with more arrogance and condemnation, you should pray, asking God to bring clarity to you regarding His saving grace which is afforded to everyone who has faith in Jesus Christ.

You talk about people reading Scripture but not receiving the truth. The truth is you read Jesus’s words regarding people shutting out the kingdom of heaven against others, not going in themselves or letting others enter. You do precisely that. Where is God’s grace in your theology? Again, I encourage you to pray for clarity. I too will be praying for you.
No worries. I wouldnt have had a clue what this post meant without ur message lol have a good one...

Oh and its funny how quick the guy to the left agreed with u. Smh

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Who are these people in Revelation? Are they dead or alive? If they are "special" people, like Martyrs, if they are dead, how can they cry out? Were Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration "dead or alive"? Or is Lazarus who was raised from the dead, dead again to be raised yet again?

Revelation 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

A good point here!

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
If one dies while being a Christian, One will end up with Jesus in eternity...

No one who dies a Christian will end up in the eternal Lake of Fire...

... Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? ...

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
I would say "lacking of faith"means they were never saved.
IMO a person Is not a CHRIST follower unless they have been reborn and If they have been reborn they were born again of Incorruptible seed and the bible says the person that has had their spirit made perfect will seek to purify themselves even as they are pure.
!!! You said: "I would say "lacking of faith"means they were never saved." !!!
So in this case the chosen apostles by Jesus are not saved? They are saved and in heaven but they needed rebuking from the Lord to strengthen their faith.

NIV Mark 16:14
'14Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.'

KJV Mark 16:14
'14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.'

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
... Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? ...
So it’s safe to say you think you’re not one of those who’s going to end up in hell, is that correct? Or are you more humble than that?

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes many who THINK they are Christian are not, and will get a rude awakening when jesus says he NEVER KNEW them.

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
So it’s safe to say you think you’re not one of those who’s going to end up in hell, is that correct? Or are you more humble than that?
I have given here an example that you are wrong when you think you are 100% right in that "No one who dies a Christian will end up in the eternal Lake of Fire. " Examine the scripture and you will find out very soon!

E

eternally-gratefull

!!! You said: "I would say "lacking of faith"means they were never saved." !!!
So in this case the chosen apostles by Jesus are not saved? They are saved and in heaven but they needed rebuking from the Lord to strengthen their faith.

NIV Mark 16:14
'14Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.'

KJV Mark 16:14
'14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.'
This is specific avts of unbelief, Not lack of faith for salvation

Huge difference

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Yes many who THINK they are Christian are not, and will get a rude awakening when jesus says he NEVER KNEW them.
The bible also talks about those who walked in the light but turned back to this word. Once they were Christians.

E

eternally-gratefull

I have given here an example that you are wrong when you think you are 100% right in that "No one who dies a Christian will end up in the eternal Lake of Fire. " Examine the scripture and you will find out very soon!
Well you are the one who is wrong

The verse youused proves this

Jesus said he NEVER knew them

If he never knew them, they were NEVER SAVED this NEVER a true believer

GyO

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
UK
This is specific avts of unbelief, Not lack of faith for salvation

Huge difference
you can argue with me but it will not justify your error and it is not my words but I have given 2 types of version from the bible.
full stop!

E

eternally-gratefull

The bible also talks about those who walked in the light but turned back to this word. Once they were Christians.
No they were not,

They may have walked by those who are true light but they were never truly believers

You can not lose eternal life, that would make god gift conditional. Thus we would have to be saved by works, not grace.

E

eternally-gratefull

you can argue with me but it will not justify your error and it is not my words but I have given 2 types of version from the bible.
full stop!
Full stop?

Niether of those verses said they lacked faith in god, no matter what version of scripture you use.they both said they lacked faith in certain things

Full stop in your own mind. But not in reality

Get over yourself!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
So you’re saying you may indeed end up in the lake of fire. That’s good to know.