WHY DO STUDENTS TAKE THE RISK TO SMOKE, DRINK, DO DRUGS OR BREAK THE RULES?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Careen

''People rebel when they are mad about something--either with friends or at home.Rebelling is the only way they know to express it or cover for it.'' ---Joel, 13

''Because other people do it --peer pressure!'' ---Stephen, 13

''They want to fit in with people who are doing the same things. They want to be cool and in the popular crowd.''---Karly, 12

''Rejection and putdowns. They don't feel like anyone cares about then, and they want to be noticed.'' ---Emily, 13

''I think rebellion happens when people think nothing can hurt them and they can't get in trouble.'' ---Becca, 13

''When they are completely rejected and feel hated by society. They get to a point where it doesn't matter what they do because things could not possibly get worse.'' ---Scott, 13

''Laws and rules you don't like make you want to rebel. Some of them are so stupid and unfair, and they really get on my nerves .'' ---Martez, 14

HEY YOUNG PEOPLE WHAT ABOUT YOU?

J

Jesusismyrock

I would never smoke

J

JessicaMae

I'm not proud of it but I use to drink and smoke weed. I drank mainly because it was the "cool" thing to do. If I didn't go out every weekend and get completely trashed my friends would get really mad at me and wouldn't let me live it down until I went out again.. I live in a really small town of a population of less than 3,000, there is nothing to do in my town except drink. So getting drunk was the only thing i thought was fun, in my town at least.
I smoked weed for basically the same reasons. If I didn't smoke when my friends were they would make fun of me until I did it. So peer pressure played a big role in it.

R

Richie_2uk

No respect, No discipline, and ignorance. Some and I say SOME, young people lack the any of the things I listed in the beginning, so they rebel, they think they are it and all that, Show off and think it's fun and games to them, and it's there way of life. Yet! heartless plays a part too. So you have a number of things that makes them like so. Also, it's depends were they live, depends on there up bringing. depends on the way they were brought up. and finally, there heart, there minds, there attitude, don't know any difference.

A lot of young people will think they can away with it, well yes they can, to a certain amount. But when they grown up, all the things comes back to play in there lives, lets put it this way, they don't like it, some may hide the fact they hat it when its them its happening to. But its happens.

Pray for them, young people are people too. and maybe they have had no opertunity to express any goodness, as some are forced into some of the situations of the way they are. So pray for them, and be example to them, and show God's love and care. So in hope they can have that free will to change for the better.

Sep 24, 2017
Those forgiven more tend to love God more, as the scripture tells us in Luke.

I'm not proud of it but I use to drink and smoke weed. I drank mainly because it was the "cool" thing to do. If I didn't go out every weekend and get completely trashed my friends would get really mad at me and wouldn't let me live it down until I went out again.. I live in a really small town of a population of less than 3,000, there is nothing to do in my town except drink. So getting drunk was the only thing i thought was fun, in my town at least.
I smoked weed for basically the same reasons. If I didn't smoke when my friends were they would make fun of me until I did it. So peer pressure played a big role in it.

May 28, 2017
People just wanna do it. I like cookies and I might be getting a little tummy... But I just enjoy cookies. People are just dumb sometimes and they make dumb decisions, and NO ONE likes to be told what to do for their own good. Picture being old in a retirement home with your current mindset, and now imagine everyone treating you like a child again after all you've been through in life. It's no wonder old people can be so grumpy, no one takes them seriously. We never change and we need to understand that.