Why does Africa suffer so much?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Josh321

Senior Member
Sep 3, 2013
1,286
17
0
i know it is the destination of the most witchcraft in the world, but why does africa suffer so much? just curious thousands of children dying from starvation i just saw a video so that is what lead me to make this thread, if we look at the world other continents struggle also but out of all africa has been struggling for years, what do you think could be the cause of that?
 
i know it is the destination of the most witchcraft in the world, but why does africa suffer so much? just curious thousands of children dying from starvation i just saw a video so that is what lead me to make this thread, if we look at the world other continents struggle also but out of all africa has been struggling for years, what do you think could be the cause of that?
BECAUSE IF MONEY! We as a country is at least 17 TRILLION in debt! Someone has to pay for it!
 
Therefor africa?

Maybe we could go to history and scripture. :) Just a hint.
Don't know what you mean, but if you are suggesting that I simply read the bible while 30,000 children die in Africa EVERYDAY from things as simple as hunger, the isn't that being lukewarm?
 
I agree Josh, everyone seems to minister in Mexico and build houses, ect, but when it comes to Africa not much aid there:(
 
We look at them as dis-fortunate and that they have horrid lives... But I envy Christians in Nigeria and in Egypt and Ethiopia... have you ever heard there testimonies? Or seen their lives... Talk about loving Christ! Yes they don't have money... But they have so much spiritual wealth... Do you not remember the parable about the rich young prince? Oh how hard is it for the wealthy to enter the kingdom of heaven... It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle...

In america saying you are a Christian means that you once prayed a prayer... In Nigeria it means you love Christ with all your heart because if you confess your a Christian people will try to kill you!... Those people are so blessed... I sometimes wish I could go through persecution like them so I can know Christ like they do... My version of Christ is cool guy that I worship on sunday and wednesday... Their Christ is Lord of lords, King of kings, and God of gods....

Sorry if I derailed your thread Josh but I see them as the wealthy and us as the poor... Because in Christ, great will they be...
 
I am not trying to say we don't need to give to them... read 1 John and we are called multiple amount of times to do so...

Just making sure I am not condoning anything the Bible warns against :)
 
I believe part of the reason why Africans (those of African descent) carry some generational curses. I know some christians won't agree that generational or ancestral curses exist in the New Covenant. Keep in mind the new Covenant is only for those in Christ, not the world.

As I went through deliverance, I was encouraged to study the pagan religions of my ancestors. I am of European (German) ancestry. I made a list of false gods and then asked God to forgive the sins of my ancestors. As I prayed I had a vision of an 60-ish year old man. He pulled off the head of wheat and crushed and rolled it in his hand. He then blew off the chaff and studied the kernels intently. Next I saw him hang the corpse of a goat in a tree. I had just read that in Europe pagans had sacred groves and would hung sacrifices to the gods in them. I prayed that this sin would be forgiven.

In many parts of Africa, witchcraft is huge. Many go to fetish priests for healing, prosperity and even to curse an enemy. This is grievous to God and might carry a generational curse.
 
I believe part of the reason why Africans (those of African descent) carry some generational curses. I know some christians won't agree that generational or ancestral curses exist in the New Covenant. Keep in mind the new Covenant is only for those in Christ, not the world.

As I went through deliverance, I was encouraged to study the pagan religions of my ancestors. I am of European (German) ancestry. I made a list of false gods and then asked God to forgive the sins of my ancestors. As I prayed I had a vision of an 60-ish year old man. He pulled off the head of wheat and crushed and rolled it in his hand. He then blew off the chaff and studied the kernels intently. Next I saw him hang the corpse of a goat in a tree. I had just read that in Europe pagans had sacred groves and would hung sacrifices to the gods in them. I prayed that this sin would be forgiven.

In many parts of Africa, witchcraft is huge. Many go to fetish priests for healing, prosperity and even to curse an enemy. This is grievous to God and might carry a generational curse.

While I respect you dash, This generational curse thing has to stop. When a person accepts Christ, God becomes their father and free from any generational curse. The reason why Africa is the way it is, is the same way why many others are they way they are and that is the rejection of the cross and belief in other things. Because your father did this and such, will cut your teeth to do this and such, but under the blood of Jesus that is cut off because God becomes your father.
 
By design. I don't think it's solely greed, although greed plays its part. Africa is a rich continent, and has the ability to become self-sufficient fairly easily. A self-sufficient country is a threat to the communist New World Order (they can't just stop imports and starve a people into submission).

Countries such as South Africa and Zimbabwe were doing quite well for themselves, and had to be broken and subverted (e.g. with terrorists) to ensure they could not pose a challenge to a future (present) communist world power (i.e. the UN).
 
I think besides history, you have to look at geography. The spreading of deserts has caused starvation crises - one after another. The Sahara continues to grow, as people cling to the edge of the Sahel, their animals destroying the ecosystem. I did a big research project in University on this issue, and sadly, the goats and sheep are a big part of the problem for the damage being done which will be nearly impossible to reverse.

As for history, the western world systematically went in and stole the people for slaves, robbed the resources, and left them as colonials, never encouraging education or changes to their political systems. Then the Muslims moved in, in the north, with the race on between Christians and Muslims to see who will dominate the continent.

I wish there was something we could all do for those who have so little and are hurting. I try and support different organizations that I can trust, to help out.

All that is wrong with Africa will not change over night. At the least, we can keep Africa in our prayers, and that God will change people's hearts and lives, especially those in power, who will then be able to help their countrymen.
 
I believe its because of the NWO. They have planned things for each country. Africa holds a lot diamonds and resources. If the people are not there to complain then there is no problem taking that place over. Lets look at aids. A man made disease that started in Africa with Men having intercourse with Monkey. Yes that is groce so is man. All of these diseases that are taking over most of them have been engineered. You wouldn't think science has come this far but it has. It is sad by the way because of the children. Satan is evil.
 
I believe its because of the NWO. They have planned things for each country. Africa holds a lot diamonds and resources. If the people are not there to complain then there is no problem taking that place over. Lets look at aids. A man made disease that started in Africa with Men having intercourse with Monkey. Yes that is groce so is man. All of these diseases that are taking over most of them have been engineered. You wouldn't think science has come this far but it has. It is sad by the way because of the children. Satan is evil.
The purpose of the NWO is simply to scare people. There's profit in division and war.
 
The purpose of the NWO is simply to scare people. There's profit in division and war.
Their goal is spiritual (look at who's in charge). Fear, division, war and profit are just means to the end.
 
This thread I am going to enjoy! I hope ALL the wise people answer here! I would love to hear what people are saying... Please all who read here share why Africa suffer so much. And as this is a Bible discussion room, maybe we should through in some scripture.

There is one Pastor in America (Pastor Manning) that preach from his pulpit why Africa is suffering... And let us face it, because he is a black man, the preach CANNOT be racial... But imagine he had a white skin preaching the SAME stuff he said.

Check out the video he calls "REMEMBER SOUTH AFRICA" and tell me what you think! And if you can find it, SHOW me in the Bible why things go as they go in AFRICA... Thank you for your answers...


And since I live in South Africa, with a history of reaching back more than 300 years here in SA, I have a fair idea of what my family did here in SA. They (my fore-fathers) may have been the OUTCASTS of Europe, but they were tough, honest and hardworking people. The history of this country is mostly Christian foundation build! And this country saw many wars from the 1600. That was when Jan Van Riebeeck landed on the African Coast in the Cape Province... First white man to put foot on South Africa.

More than three times in history, honest folk just wanted to have peace, God and a properous life for their families... what went wrong? Well show me in the Bible, and if you cannot, share why you think Africa suffers.... Maybe I will tell you why. But again it might just cost me my head!

Or let us see if DANNY and I are going to have a hunting trip, then HE can tell you what HE SAW! All it takes is to fly to SA and SEE for yourselves.... There is a tip I will give you.... Read Proverbs 29, Malachi 4, and Genesis 9...

May God be the LORD of our hearts!
 
While I respect you dash, This generational curse thing has to stop. When a person accepts Christ, God becomes their father and free from any generational curse. The reason why Africa is the way it is, is the same way why many others are they way they are and that is the rejection of the cross and belief in other things. Because your father did this and such, will cut your teeth to do this and such, but under the blood of Jesus that is cut off because God becomes your father.

While I respect you dash, This generational curse thing has to stop.
Well you have invalided everything I said and experienced. You have denied the work God has done in my life and I wonder if you really are showing me respect. When I wrote God showed me something about an ancestor mine and then you claim this is not so, you make me out to be a liar and also deny what God did for me. So you have made a serious charge based on your own disbelief in ancestral curses.

I forgive you for calling me a liar and for insulting my testimony. Unfortunately you have also insulted God who gave me the vision of a sin my ancestor committed. Now if God did not show me a vision, then you have nothing to worry about, but if God did show me a vision and you claim he did not, you are denying the work of the God.

Here is something you should consider:
34But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the Law, respected by all the people, (said)... 38“So in the present case, I say to you, stay away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown; 39but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God.” Acts 5:34, 39

If you can prove that I am a liar, I insist you do so. On the other hand, if you can not prove my words are false, you might want to consider the words of Gamaliel above. If what I said is correct, then you are in opposition of God himself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread I am going to enjoy! I hope ALL the wise people answer here! I would love to hear what people are saying... Please all who read here share why Africa suffer so much. And as this is a Bible discussion room, maybe we should through in some scripture.

There is one Pastor in America (Pastor Manning) that preach from his pulpit why Africa is suffering... And let us face it, because he is a black man, the preach CANNOT be racial... But imagine he had a white skin preaching the SAME stuff he said.

Check out the video he calls "REMEMBER SOUTH AFRICA" and tell me what you think! And if you can find it, SHOW me in the Bible why things go as they go in AFRICA... Thank you for your answers...


And since I live in South Africa, with a history of reaching back more than 300 years here in SA, I have a fair idea of what my family did here in SA. They (my fore-fathers) may have been the OUTCASTS of Europe, but they were tough, honest and hardworking people. The history of this country is mostly Christian foundation build! And this country saw many wars from the 1600. That was when Jan Van Riebeeck landed on the African Coast in the Cape Province... First white man to put foot on South Africa.

More than three times in history, honest folk just wanted to have peace, God and a properous life for their families... what went wrong? Well show me in the Bible, and if you cannot, share why you think Africa suffers.... Maybe I will tell you why. But again it might just cost me my head!

Or let us see if DANNY and I are going to have a hunting trip, then HE can tell you what HE SAW! All it takes is to fly to SA and SEE for yourselves.... There is a tip I will give you.... Read Proverbs 29, Malachi 4, and Genesis 9...

May God be the LORD of our hearts!

I praise God for you brother and I am happy to see your post. I want you to know there are two things are on my "bucket list". 1) see the Holy Land. 2) Go hunting with Cobus!
 
Both your bucket lists are in God's hands my friend. I ask God what ALL things are in my life, and HE ANSWERS FAITHFULLY. He does give me some assurances for the future, but He is still the one I trust with the future.

Dan do you know what hurt me the most? I speak with JDecree, and he is a good man, at least he gives things I write some thought. And that I appreciate.. but I can only maybe sow the seed or water the seed others have planted, only GOD LETS GROW. I trust JDecree will find God and His Truth. He is searching in the right places... What hurts me is when what I believe, and ALL my believes is in God's Word, is all ripped apart by sinners.

There is even people on here that has a slogan for their church.... NO PERFECT PEOPLE ALLOWED! WOW! Then MY BROTHER is not allowed in that Church! WOW! They would BAN the ONLY man that can save them! Why would they DO SUCH A THING? And they are LOUD AND PROUD about that! WOW!!!! Soninme introduced me to their site, he is a member there.

Oh please tell me there are at least one more person that sees GOD in HIS TRUTH! WOW!
 
Honestly i think they are suffering because.. well lets look at haiti, haiti gave the country away to the devil and look what happen to them judgement came to the island with the earthquake i may be wrong but i strongly believe it is for this reason
 
Honestly i think they are suffering because.. well lets look at haiti, haiti gave the country away to the devil and look what happen to them judgement came to the island with the earthquake i may be wrong but i strongly believe it is for this reason
You can't ignore World History either. There is sin from all quarters on this one.