Why does God love us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I cannot fathom why and how our Creator Father loves us. So much that He sent His precious Son to teach us love even to the point of allowing us to crucify Him.

I certainly do not deserve it, sinful and foolish a sinner as I am. What is our soul that God places such value upon it? Just look at what we do - making a living hell of this planet we were given. Attacking and destroying everything upon it, including each other.

I would like to be pointed towards the passages in the Bible, the only truth that I believe in, that clarifies what exactly makes me so valuable that God is doing all He can to save me from the Devil. I know each must come willingly and freely to our Father. That He wants us is the the mystery!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Psalm 8:4...What is man that Thou art mindful of him?

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
I cannot fathom why and how our Creator Father loves us. So much that He sent His precious Son to teach us love even to the point of allowing us to crucify Him.

I certainly do not deserve it, sinful and foolish a sinner as I am. What is our soul that God places such value upon it? Just look at what we do - making a living hell of this planet we were given. Attacking and destroying everything upon it, including each other.

I would like to be pointed towards the passages in the Bible, the only truth that I believe in, that clarifies what exactly makes me so valuable that God is doing all He can to save me from the Devil. I know each must come willingly and freely to our Father. That He wants us is the the mystery!
Yes, Mary, to our minds it is utterly unbelievable. However love is God`s character and He cannot deny Himself.

`He who does not love does not know God, for GOD IS LOVE. ` (1 John 4: 8)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

The answer lies within God, not man. God is love so it is supernaturally natural for Him to demonstrate love. There is nothing in us that merits God's love.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

John 3:16
:)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I Know That God Loves Me

I know that God loves me;
Although I'm not sure why.
A sinner, lost, undone, unclean--
No matter how hard I try.
And, yet, God loves me anyway.
I've read it in His word.
It's the things found written there
That makes me feel assured.
Yes, it's the things recorded there
Of the Annointed One.
Saviour, Lord, King of kings,
Of God's most beloved Son.
He could have chosen luxury,
Or called 10,000 angels to His rescue.
But He chose instead to suffer
As my sin-debt was come due.
So they mocked and beat the servant King
And led Him to the tree.
There He suffered, bled, and died--
A punishment owed to me.
So, yes, I know God loves me
Though I'm still uncertain why.
And I'll rejoice deep in His love
Until in His bosom I sweetly lie.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The answer lies within God, not man. God is love so it is supernaturally natural
for Him to demonstrate love. There is nothing in us that merits God's love.

1 John 4:8b~ God is Love
:)

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
God loves is shown toward us in the same way that we can show our love for Him, by keeping HIs Word.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
1 reason is to show us who is & what He can do. He gave us life so it's in His nature to love us. after all, how can it be that He created us but He tells us He doesn't love us? He loves us to show us how to love. God loves us because the action of love correlates with everything He taught us.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

birdie

Sep 16, 2014

"who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross" Hebrews 12:2 (part)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away" Rev 21:1a

EricH

Apr 28, 2023
Did the greatest commandments have a greatest meaning for Jesus, before he gave them to us? Did Jesus preach anything that he first would not do himself?

How did Jesus love all his neighbours as he loves himself? How did Jesus hold out his hands on the cross, and love the man with the hammer and nails? We know he prayed forgive them Father, for they know not what they do. To forgive someone is a great thing to do, to love them as you love yourself seems even greater.

Jesus commanded us to love and pray for our enemies, he gave us an extreme example of what this means. We are created in the image, nature and likeness of God, to walk in the path of our Lord.

Jun 20, 2022
You answered everything you need to know from the first 8 words you typed : I cannot fathom why and how our Creator :

God being first and foremost Love, Loved us while Creating us. That Love extended to keeping His Creation alive to fulfill His Will that brought Salvation to His Creation!

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
One of the greatest deceptions of our time, if not all time, is that God Loves all mankind, every single individual, but thats not true Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023

The Lord created us in HIS image, are we not his children?

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

also in John 17 (KJV);
Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, artin me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Blessings,

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
thykingcomesoon

The Lord created us in HIS image, are we not his children?
Not everyone, some are the children of the devil 1 Jn 3:10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.