Why does God use humans?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The best example of this is Noah:
Noah didnt prove his message was from God through any miracles like the Apostles did. Yet Noah was right, he was the man of God.

So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.

If Jesus came to me right now and said "build a boat" I'd start building right away, "Yes, Lord". BUT, if some human came to me and said: "You need to build a boat or else" i'd tell him "you're crazy! leave me alone!"

No doubt I would of drowned in Noah's day lol.

Why does God use humans, instead of appearing to the people directly, does the Bible answer this question?

Apr 15, 2017
Noah didnt prove his message was from God through any miracles like the Apostles did. Yet Noah was right, he was the man of God.

So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.

If Jesus came to me right now and said "build a boat" I'd start building right away, "Yes, Lord". BUT, if some human came to me and said: "You need to build a boat or else" i'd tell him "you're crazy! leave me alone!"

Why does God use humans, instead of appearing to the people directly, does the Bible answer this question?
God uses humans because we are of no other species but humans, and we are not an animal, lol.

I think it is a faith thing concerning that, for if God is in contact with a certain human, and then they relate it to other people it is of faith, for if God went directly to the people to relate to them, then they would believe without a doubt, and would of complied, and abandoned their wickedness, nothing wavering.

That means if God was always to deal directly with people at all times, then nobody would ever be wrong with God, and then there is no choice then.

For who would go against God when you know without a doubt that He is God, and so powerful, and great, that you would dare not go against Him, but always be on His side.

Everybody that God has dealt with directly in the Bible are saved, and did great things for God, for they would dare not go against Him, for they know they cannot prosper, and will surely lose, and know it for a truth, and would not doubt.

Jesus said Thomas believed because he has seen, but blessed is the person that has not seen but believes, because it is faith.

Which the disciples, and Paul, and some others did not have to have faith, for they knew it was true without a doubt, for they have seen.

God uses humans, which are not very many that He relates to directly, because we have a choice in our salvation, and if God always dealed directly with all people it would appear everybody would be saved.

How do people believe today without any miracle happening, but signs, and wonders, are supposed to follow the saints, but many turn to God without the signs, and wonders.

Also creation testifies of a God, and that He is love, so the world has no excuse, without the signs, and wonders.

Also God might of not wanted to give the people at the flood a chance at repenting of their sins, but it was too late, which the only reasoning for that is the fallen angels interacted with them which caused them to be continually evil with no reversal.

Which will happen in the future at the beast kingdom for the devils will interact with the wicked, and the will be continually evil with no reversal after they take the mark of the beast, which has to do with technology to keep track of all citizens of the world, like a GPS for humans, to cut down on crime.

Ask Trump about that, for he is putting it out there concerning 9/11 that it could of been prevented if they had the chip implemented for those on temporary visas, and the ball is rolling.

Noah did not need to preach to them, because repentance was not available to them because they were continually evil with no reversal, and for God to go against everybody testifies of that for there was nobody doing good.

Like at Sodom and Gomorrah there was not one righteous, for if there had been some righteous God would of not overthrown them, but there was none righteous so God overthrew them all.

At the flood there was none righteous besides Noah and his family, so God overthrew them all, so there was no need to do anything to reach out to them for it was too late they had been tainted that much because of the fallen angels.

Because people without great influence by the devils would never be that wicked to where there is no reversal, which God going against all the world testifies that the devils did taint them.

With Jonah concerning Nineveh there was reversal, and they heeded, with the 2 men concerning Sodom and Gomorrah there was reversal, but they did not heed, but with the people at the flood there was no reversal, so no need to preach to them.

For God said build the boat, get on it, get the animals on it, and I will flood the world, and nothing needs to be said to the world, which it is the only time there was no reversal until the beast kingdom, and they take the mark of the beast, then there is no reversal for they are like back at the flood continually evil.

Even at the tower of Babel there was reversal, which God caused them to spread out, and not be able to communicate with each other, but at the flood no reversal, no need to preach, so Noah's job was only for him, and his family, for look how big the boat was, not that big concerning the amount of people at the time of the flood, so God had no intention of saving them for they were too far gone, and could not be saved.

I do not believe anybody could of been saved at the time of the flood, but Noah and his family, which I had to think about it for I do not want to say it hastily seeing it is the word of God.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
.... So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.
Because that would be like using clouds to write JESUS IS LORD, FOLLOW HIM in the clear sky. It would be too obvious that Jesus is the son of God -- the father wants us to depend on faith.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

sometimes He speaks directly to people, sometimes He sends an human messenger, sometimes an angelic one. sometimes He uses other creatures. sometimes He gives signs in creation, sometimes existing things, sometimes new. sometimes He gives visions or dreams. sometimes He reveals knowledge and what He communicates becomes suddenly plain from what was already known.

axiomatically, i believe He communicates in an optimal, perfect way to accomplish His purpose.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Because that would be like using clouds to write JESUS IS LORD, FOLLOW HIM in the clear sky. It would be too obvious that Jesus is the son of God -- the father wants us to depend on faith.
you mean like..

As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him. And a voice from heaven said,
“This is my Son, Whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.”
(Matthew 3:16-17)
?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
With Jonah concerning Nineveh there was reversal, and they heeded, with the 2 men concerning Sodom and Gomorrah there was reversal, but they did not heed, but with the people at the flood there was no reversal, so no need to preach to them.
what do you mean about Sodom -- they were angels, not men, and they weren't there to preach repentance at all, but to take Lot and his family out of the city ((whether Lot & his wife were willing or not!)), then destroy it

?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Thanks for the replies. It boils down to: FAITH is required. (for most people, not to guys like Paul obviously, he had such a conversion that faith is out of the question, it was radical proof)

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
you mean like..

As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him. And a voice from heaven said,
“This is my Son, Whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.”
(Matthew 3:16-17)

No, just a few people saw it! What I mean is God using clouds in the sky to send messages to people in big cities. For example, in Rio de Janeiro in the heat of Carnival: BE GONE FROM THIS ABOMINABLE FESTIVAL AND FOLLOW MY SON JESUS.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

No, just a few people saw it! What I mean is God using clouds in the sky to send messages to people in big cities. For example, in Rio de Janeiro in the heat of Carnival: BE GONE FROM THIS ABOMINABLE FESTIVAL AND FOLLOW MY SON JESUS.
there's a similar case with Egypt and the plagues, isn't there? and there will be, when He appears again to judge the world.
i am wondering if there's another instance i'm forgetting, but from these two, it seems when He does this it is in judgement: that what mankind should have understood about Him is being brought to account when it is made supernaturally plain, as being foretold ((forewarned?)) here -

Again the high priest asked him, “are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
I AM,” said Jesus, “and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven!
(Mark 14:61-62)

we have many places where the scriptures indicate directly, and where people clearly understood, that seeing Him necessarily results in death. so i am thinking, if He were to peel back the folds of this corporeal reality and reveal Himself to mankind this way, that spells judgement and condemnation and doom to whoever is not kept safe in Him -- therefore it is because of His mercy that He deals meekly with us, through messengers, through signs, through the communication of His word and Spirit, through the person of the Son... ?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
there's a similar case with Egypt and the plagues, isn't there? and there will be, when He appears again to judge the world.
i am wondering if there's another instance i'm forgetting, but from these two, it seems when He does this it is in judgement: that what mankind should have understood about Him is being brought to account when it is made supernaturally plain, as here -

Again the high priest asked him, “are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
I AM,” said Jesus, “and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven!
(Mark 14:61-62)

we have many places where the scriptures indicate directly, and where people clearly understood, that seeing Him necessarily results in death. so i am thinking, if He were to peel back the folds of this corporeal reality and reveal Himself to mankind this way, that spells judgement and condemnation and doom to whoever is not kept safe in Him -- therefore it is because of His mercy that He deals meekly with us, through messengers, through signs, through the communication of His word and Spirit, through the person of the Son... ?
vis-a-vis at Sinai, when the people said they could not bear His voice, and asked for a mediator, and after this He spoke through Moses to them --- a mercy, preventing their destruction in the presence of His holiness.

is it so, that He speaks through mediators in order to save and preserve us? it makes sense to me; salvation is the business He is in :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
An angel?

Revelation 14:6-7 (KJV) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

But apparently it doesn't help much as later we read...

Revelation 16:8-9 (KJV) And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
0.JPG

what do you think, @crossnote ?

He must have a good & perfect reason that He doesn't simply open up the sky and directly inform every human that He is Lord. yet one day, He will

He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
(1 Peter 3:9-10)

what is He demonstrating to us by how He interacts with mankind? why is it by faith, not by supernatural evidence - notwithstanding that to some, He does supernaturally reveal Himself?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
An angel?

Revelation 14:6-7 (KJV) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

But apparently it doesn't help much as later we read...

Revelation 16:8-9 (KJV) And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Christ was transfigured before only three of the disciples -- what if He had been in the sight of all Israel? in a very real sense, He 'hid Himself' just as in a more allegorical sense He did so by teaching in parables.

for sure we as humans are fully capable and demonstrably prone to reject Him even in the face of overwhelming & indisputable evidence, such as what you showed us here in Revelation 16:8-9 -- isn't it safe to assume that many people would refuse to repent and give Him glory even if He had revealed Himself like this before all Israel? so why didn't wasn't He transfigured before the whole world? why set aside His glory and come in such a way as to set up this paradigm of faith & belief, not open declaration ((& corresponding manifest rejection))?

could it be that this has anything to do with it --

Jesus said,
"If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."
(John 9:41)

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
And yet Pharaoh's heart remained hardened ..... and when Jesus appears again it will be too late. Praise God we have already been found by Him!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The best example is Jesus. His only begotten son. Sent to save the world, not condemn it...and thankfully you and I believe.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
We are his workmanship
This reminds me of one of God's creation -- an ex co-worker of mine -- and how he was used by the Father. This guy told me the whole story with details, but I'm gonna make it short:

He had been serving his own flesh for decades when he was found by God, but his wife rejected the Good News of Jesus Christ. She loved Carnival parties and her husband told her: "you may go if you wish, but don't take our daughter along".

But his wife did take the daughter to a Carnival party and a few days later the girl fell sick with an unknown disease. The family went through a great ordeal, but my ex co-worker kept his faith and kept praying for months.

When the girl was already a terminal patient, an unknown lady from another denomination came out of nowhere, approached the girl's mother, and said: "your daughter is sick because of your disobedience and she will not get well unless you repent and get converted".

The mother fell on her knees and cried her eyes out. She was instantly converted to Jesus Christ and the girl was instantly cured of the unknown disease. Almost the whole family got converted too.

The unknown lady was really unknown -- she was a member of the Assembly of God, while the girl's dad was from the Church of the Nazarene. The lady received the revelation directly from God, who told her to go to a certain hospital and find a certain patient.

As I said earlier God could write in the sky with clouds, but He has His own ways.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
This reminds me of one of God's creation -- an ex co-worker of mine -- and how he was used by the Father. This guy told me the whole story with details, but I'm gonna make it short:

He had been serving his own flesh for decades when he was found by God, but his wife rejected the Good News of Jesus Christ. She loved Carnival parties and her husband told her: "you may go if you wish, but don't take our daughter along".

But his wife did take the daughter to a Carnival party and a few days later the girl fell sick with an unknown disease. The family went through a great ordeal, but my ex co-worker kept his faith and kept praying for months.

When the girl was already a terminal patient, an unknown lady from another denomination came out of nowhere, approached the girl's mother, and said: "your daughter is sick because of your disobedience and she will not get well unless you repent and get converted".

The mother fell on her knees and cried her eyes out. She was instantly converted to Jesus Christ and the girl was instantly cured of the unknown disease. Almost the whole family got converted too.

The unknown lady was really unknown -- she was a member of the Assembly of God, while the girl's dad was from the Church of the Nazarene. The lady received the revelation directly from God, who told her to go to a certain hospital and find a certain patient.

As I said earlier God could write in the sky with clouds, but He has His own ways.
Thats a amazing story. Thank u for sharing

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
View attachment 193833

what do you think, @crossnote ?

He must have a good & perfect reason that He doesn't simply open up the sky and directly inform every human that He is Lord. yet one day, He will

He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
(1 Peter 3:9-10)

what is He demonstrating to us by how He interacts with mankind? why is it by faith, not by supernatural evidence - notwithstanding that to some, He does supernaturally reveal Himself?
Well He did come as the God/man, performing mighty miracles, teaching etc., and yet...how did that fare?
If I knew fully 'why faith', I'd be God.