Why does God use humans?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
could it be that this has anything to do with it --

Jesus said,
"If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."
(John 9:41)
I think it has more to do with the ear gate being closed rather than miracles which come through the eyegate.
I'd go with verses like these ...

John 1:1 (NASB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Romans 10:17 (NASB) So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Hebrews 11:3 (NASB) By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Thats a amazing story. Thank u for sharing
Yes, the story is really amazing and the girl's dad is completely trustworthy. When I have the slightest doubt I keep the story to myself. I hear many wonderful testimonies in my church, but I almost never pass them on.

Dec 12, 2013
When God uses humans and works through us ALL the glory goes to God........

And we do not have to guess....

For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Jan 30, 2019
BACK TO THE BASIC SUBJECT OF WHY GOD USES HUMANS, this question struck a chord that I needed to examine:

When I consider the "why" of God's "using" us, I feel it is important to start with his intent. When we talk about being used by other people, we usually view this as negative. Other people often "need" something from us or want to change our influence on their lives for their own selfish and more-importantly undeserving purposes or gain. As we all know, atrocities have occurred as a result of powerful people wielding that power to achieve their biased, selfish, distorted goals by controlling and using those that are less powerful. This leads me to ask myself, "How is it different to think about God using me? Why does such a consideration actually have the opposite effect when I think about God using me?"

There is an old hymn that declares, "I long so much-- to feel the touch--of His consuming fire. To be used of God-- is my desire." Unlike our fellow man, God does not need us. In Acts 17:23-25 the apostle Paul says, "The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by men, nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything. since he, himself, gives to all mankind life and breath and everything."

For me to shift from fear of people (and systems) welding power over me to contemplation of how God might use me to work his perfect will in the world, is the hope that brings me joy even now as I wait eagerly for the outcome of my life...the adoption as HIS child and the redemption of my body. (Romans 8: 23,24) It is as he is using me to work his good will in the world that he is creating good in me. It is because he does not NEED to use me but desires a love relationship with me as he use me, that he creates in me a loving heart. It is as he uses me to bring news of his glorious justice to the world (glorious because it is not by condemnation but by sacrifice that justice is served.) that I begin to submit to him my demands for justice and place my trust in HIS perfect laws of justices that bring life not death.

Now I am going to go down some thought paths, in faith, hoping it will bring glory to His name and encourage a bold Spirit of adoption by which I will literally cry, "Abba. Father"! In other words, I hope to think God-thoughts that move me to boldness for the glory of His Name's sake. There are a couple Christian precepts that are coming to mind which, when combined, reveal an exciting relationship between being used by God and the christian journey of sanctification.
Consider:

1) His using me is NOT separate from his choosing me. His choosing me is NOT separate from his justifying me and his justifying me is not and will not be separate from his glorifying me as promised in Romans 8:28 & 30 "For those who love god all things work together for good for those who are called according to his purpose*...and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

*i.e. called to be used for his purpose.

Now hold that concept and consider:

2) His choosing me is not separate from justification and sanctification. If our purpose is to give glory to God who is in fact glorious and worthy of all praise as glorious, and if he desires this relationship with us and has done SO much to bring us to himself (1 Peter 3:18), there is a closeness that is to be brought about...it is an unveiling that allows us to experience that which is glorious to bear witness to appropriately and hence fulfill our purpose. Jesus summed up the fulfilling even the surpassing of the Law, the law of sin and death, with the new Law...the law of the spirit of life which brings life and peace (Romans 8:1). The summary of the Law was first to Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and all your soul and to love your neighbor as yourself. (Mathew 22:36-40) Now, if we respond and love Him because He first loved us, and gave his life for us, then we are in a love relationship and the veil is torn. (Remember Romans 8:28 & 30 above.) If we love then we love like him. He defines love for he IS love. If that is love then we, too must love not just God, but also others because that is what love is. In the love chapter we are told what love is. Even faith and hope, as great as they are lose meaning when NOT in the context of love. If someone does NOT love then they are not in relation to Him. God does not only sometimes love, he always loves and that is the ONLY kind of relationship he has...and so knows with that deep unifying knowing he has with the Son and the HS. For God doing and being are one, with no discrepancy. IF I AM A CHRISTIAN, if Christ is in me, if Christ literally did everything his father had him do and it is the basis for what he teaches me to be, then to be a Christian IS also the doing for they cannot be separated. That is why faith without works and work without faith are both wrong! They CANNOT be separated because, in the nature of God, they are NOT separated. In the nature of God doing and being are synonymous.

SUPPORT: Some of Christ's last words were, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to you remembrance all that I have said to you. John goes on to quote Jesus (John 14:26,27) saying: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. NOT as the world gives do I give to you." A few chapters later in 16:13 "When the Spirit comes he will guide you into all truth. Also "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide." John 15:16 Finally, In Christ's last meditation with the Father he petitions, "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. " John 17:17-18

So here I go...therefore to move us towards SANCTIFICATION...he USES each of us to bring all of US (the chosen) to God. For in those moments, we are BOTH being and doing and knowing that-for-which-we-were-created. Have you had those moments? When you are DOING and therefore KNOWING and therefore BEING? It is SO beautiful when it is God stuff. There is NO greater joy than when the joy is spread and we are in the VERY midst of it and God is doing it in our presence while doing it in us. We seen Him in action, in all His glor,y. In those moments there isn't a veil. You see we get pieces...or at least I do. But the last verse of 2 Cor 3 declares the precious truth:

"But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another." Then, the very next Chapter begins, "Therefore, having THIS MINISTRY by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. And so the transforming is caught up in the ministry and keeps us on the path of sanctification!"

Wow this was long, but I want you to know that God is teaching me LITERALLY as I am writing and so who am I to stop the flow because I THINK it is too long! Thank you for the opportunity to share this growing experience with you-all! Also, I would love to develop ithis further and KNOW if there are aspects that I misunderstand or need a greater vision of and you feel lead to help me develop it further, then we can work together in service of our glorious Lord and Savior as we consider his "USE" of us even now!

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
The best example of this is Noah:
Noah didnt prove his message was from God through any miracles like the Apostles did. Yet Noah was right, he was the man of God.

So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.

If Jesus came to me right now and said "build a boat" I'd start building right away, "Yes, Lord". BUT, if some human came to me and said: "You need to build a boat or else" i'd tell him "you're crazy! leave me alone!"

No doubt I would of drowned in Noah's day lol.

Why does God use humans, instead of appearing to the people directly, does the Bible answer this question?
*Blind post here, just FYI.

Hi Hevosmies, God did appear to/lived among/warned the people directly, a number of times, yes, beginning with our progenitors in the Garden (which clearly did not go so well :oops:).

There was also the 40 years that He personally led the people of Israel through the wilderness (as a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night) after leading them out of Egypt through the parted Red Sea, yet none who witnessed all of that, save Joshua and Caleb, trusted God and lived to see the Promised Land.

Come to think of it, He also had to meet with Moses on top of Mt. Sinai twice, because the people began to worship a golden calf in Moses' short absence, even though God's Shekinah Glory remained in clear view atop Mt. Sinai throughout that time.

We are a stiff-necked people who the miraculous often seems to wow, but not convince. As Abraham's and the rich man's discussion revealed however, it's not the miraculous that most often changes men's hearts.

Luke 16
27 The rich man said, ‘I beg you, father, that you send Lazarus to my father’s house—​
28 for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’​
29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’​
30 But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’​
31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded ... even if someone rises from the dead.’​

Thanks!

~Deut
p.s. - You asked an excellent question which I intend to think through a bit more (Dv), so please consider the thoughts above as musings on my part only. Thanks!

John 6
68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Why does God use humans, instead of appearing to the people directly, does the Bible answer this question?
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. Lk.16:20

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1Jn.4:20

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
God created humans to use to do His Will on earth.......... Scripture makes that quite clear

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There is no direct answer to this question. Indirectly God created mankind in His own image and likeness for a higher and eternal purpose. Therefore there is no possibility of avoiding human involvement.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Noah didnt prove his message was from God through any miracles like the Apostles did. Yet Noah was right, he was the man of God.

So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.

If Jesus came to me right now and said "build a boat" I'd start building right away, "Yes, Lord". BUT, if some human came to me and said: "You need to build a boat or else" i'd tell him "you're crazy! leave me alone!"

God sent Jesus and they didn't listen to him either.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am thinking I read somewhere in the Bible, about it giving us a blessing to be a part of his service. but I cant remember how it was worded to find it in the 'keyword' at a bible site.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
For one, some of us were written in the Book of Life and many others were not before we were ever born.

I am reminded of what I was always told growing up, it's the simple things that restrict the wise. If you are a person of reasoning and higher intelligence, something as little as being introduced to God makes them laugh at your ignorance. Even when Yeshua walked the earth, many rejected Him compared to those who accepted Him. And the one word of advice He gave to His Disciples always rings true to me. He instructed them not to restrict the little children. And furthered with, that if we just have the simple faith like that of a child, we are doing better than the wise.

The wise laugh at child like faith. And even though as a believer in God, who has actually reasoned He is real and relevant to my every day life, it's do to my child like faith and belief that enables me to do as such. But the esteemed and so-called educated, they will claim child's play was for when they were a child, not as an adult, who can reason among the wise.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Because if humans hate Gods will and love evil.. God does not want to spend eternity with such people..

Gods message is what draws His people to Him... Others hate His will and want nothing to do with Him..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Well He did come as the God/man, performing mighty miracles, teaching etc., and yet...how did that fare?
it went like this:

Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.
Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.
(Matthew 11:20-24)

more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgement than for Capernaum: Sodom, which did not see miracles, and Capernaum, which did. more bearable for Tyre & Sidon, which did not see mighty works, than for Bethsaida, which did.

was it then, His mercy towards Sodom, even in the midst of His righteous judgement, that He did not perform great works in her?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am thinking I read somewhere in the Bible, about it giving us a blessing to be a part of his service. but I cant remember how it was worded to find it in the 'keyword' at a bible site.
Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like servants waiting for their Master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when He comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for Him. It will be good for those servants whose Master finds them watching when He comes. Truly I tell you, He will dress Himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. It will be good for those servants whose Master finds them ready, even if He comes in the middle of the night or toward daybreak.
(Luke 12:35-38)
?
He says that if He finds us ready to serve Him, He Himself will serve us ((!!!))

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
For one, some of us were written in the Book of Life and many others were not before we were ever born.

I am reminded of what I was always told growing up, it's the simple things that restrict the wise. If you are a person of reasoning and higher intelligence, something as little as being introduced to God makes them laugh at your ignorance. Even when Yeshua walked the earth, many rejected Him compared to those who accepted Him. And the one word of advice He gave to His Disciples always rings true to me. He instructed them not to restrict the little children. And furthered with, that if we just have the simple faith like that of a child, we are doing better than the wise.

The wise laugh at child like faith. And even though as a believer in God, who has actually reasoned He is real and relevant to my every day life, it's do to my child like faith and belief that enables me to do as such. But the esteemed and so-called educated, they will claim child's play was for when they were a child, not as an adult, who can reason among the wise.
the scriptures say both that we must be converted and become like children ((Matthew 18:3))
and that we must mature in Him ((Colossians 1:28))

Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children.
In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
(1 Corinthians 14:20)
_________________:unsure:
it is not always good to be naive.

Nov 26, 2012
sometimes He speaks directly to people, sometimes He sends an human messenger, sometimes an angelic one. sometimes He uses other creatures. sometimes He gives signs in creation, sometimes existing things, sometimes new. sometimes He gives visions or dreams. sometimes He reveals knowledge and what He communicates becomes suddenly plain from what was already known.

axiomatically, i believe He communicates in an optimal, perfect way to accomplish His purpose.
There is a non-Christian proverb that states, “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.” Basically an eager, seeking mind sees connections others miss because others aren’t looking. It kind of compliments, “Seek and ye shall find.”

In response to, why does He use humans? Why does the brain use fingers? How can we see stars? Here’s your answer, because “God” is “Spirit”. The brain is incapable to move itself. It sends signals to enact will. By use of electromagnet waves it causes neurotransmitters to be produced, signalling other functions in the body all to attempt homeostasis. God created man to be His hands and feet. We are the Body. I mentioned stars because stars produce light. This light is electromagnetic frequency extending undetected until it is interrupted, then reflected. God is “light” and we are to reflect Him. It’s like a radio tower doesn’t produce a sound, it sends a signal. Then the receiver, accepts and transforms the signal to sound. We are to be the voice of God. Humans are intended to be the physical manifestion of God on Earth.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Well He did come as the God/man, performing mighty miracles, teaching etc., and yet...how did that fare?
Not so good for Satan, because Jesus proved God can't really be put to death.

If I knew fully 'why faith', I'd be God.
We don't fully understand. We do know God chose to make salvation available only through faith to confound the proud,

For since in the wisdom of God the world by its wisdom did not know God, God was pleased to save those who believe by the foolishness of preaching. 1Cor.1:21

It's plain that after Adam and eve sinned, they could no.longer remain in paradise. It's almost like the angels who sinned and were put out of Heaven, except the sinning angels can never repent.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I walk a middle ground on the Potter/clay analogy.

First, in context Rom 9 is speaking about God's dealings with nations (e.g. Jews/Gentiles).
Second, if God treated individuals as such how would He be able to judge a pot guilty since He created it that way?