Why does God use humans?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God gives everyone an opportunity to repent, somewhere the first had that chance and rejected him, if he rejected him, he had to know about him from someone in order for him to reject. ...God gives everyone opportunity why would he die for 'their' sins and not give them an opportunity?
Maybe I can play Animal Farm and say all opportunities are equal, but some are more equal than others. (Ex. do all have the same opportunity as Saul/Paul receiving a mighty vision knocking him to the ground just as he was fuming violence against Christians?)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He tells the reason he hardened Pharaoh's heart in Exodus 10:1 - And the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh; for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, THAT I MIGHT SHEW THESE MY SIGNS BEFORE HIM.
Right, my point was simply that God hardened a heart that already was hard to begin with.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Right, my point was simply that God hardened a heart that already was hard to begin with.
~~~~~~~
I at first wondered why he would do that with the plagues and saw, he was trying to humble Pharaoh with them

louis

Nov 1, 2017
The best example of this is Noah:
Noah didnt prove his message was from God through any miracles like the Apostles did. Yet Noah was right, he was the man of God.

So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.

If Jesus came to me right now and said "build a boat" I'd start building right away, "Yes, Lord". BUT, if some human came to me and said: "You need to build a boat or else" i'd tell him "you're crazy! leave me alone!"

No doubt I would of drowned in Noah's day lol.

Why does God use humans, instead of appearing to the people directly, does the Bible answer this question?
While not mentioned in Genesis, I'm pretty sure the Lord provided signs and or warnings over the centuries for mankind to repent of their ways, but which instead they chose to disregard, and to continue in their pernicious ways.

We are the clay and the Lord the potter, if we choose to believe and cleanse ourselves from our pernicious ways, then the Potter can use the clay as a vessel for honour.

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Mar 28, 2016
Noah didnt prove his message was from God through any miracles like the Apostles did. Yet Noah was right, he was the man of God.

So my question is: WHY does God use humans? Wouldn't it be much more effective to just appear to everyone in Noah's day and send them an angel or appearing from God, a supernatural encounter telling them "HEY, Repent or a floods coming". Most people would heed that warning.

If Jesus came to me right now and said "build a boat" I'd start building right away, "Yes, Lord". BUT, if some human came to me and said: "You need to build a boat or else" i'd tell him "you're crazy! leave me alone!"

Why does God use humans, instead of appearing to the people directly, does the Bible answer this question?
God has no needs but satisfies all. I would think because God is not served by human hands, with hands representing will in the Bible . We as new born again creatures understand we walk by faith the unseen eternal and not after what the fleshly eyes see and our fleshly ears hear. .

He established that law of faith believing Him not seen when with his own finger (not served by Moses hand ) wrote His will . When Moses came down that law was broken when the sign of unbelief no faith was introduced in as the oral tradition of men.

A good example of unbelief no faith is shown in .Jerimiah 44:16-17. Keep in mind that they saw no evil in their unbelief .

As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.Jerimiah 44:16-17

That description pretty much defines when Moses came down and had to hide the glory of the lord from the unbelievers (no faith) and destroyed the tablets. Interestingly this time again by the finger of God, God hewn out the two new tablets and then moved Moses to write them down as the first prophet to record his words establishing as it is written the perfect law..

Mar 28, 2016

I would say we should be careful on how we use the word "miracle" Miracles are miracles nothing more and nothing less. God is nothing less. .Its a miracle that God not seen can give us ears to hear and eyes to see and legs to walk by faith being spiritual lame from birth.as to what the unseen Spirit says. We build faith the unseen work and not seeing the miracle as a sign that someone maybe have has believed in their heart . Miracles are not the source of belief. We are made aware of that wile of the father of lies.

It was a miracle that God made Noah's heart soft, the sign for those who believe not came later.

According to the law of signs, prophecy leads, signs follow the work again the sign is not the work. ..

Its like the sign "You just left the Chicago city limits" meaning you are no longer there. Limiting the finished work to the unseen work .not limiting it to that seen the temporal . We would need the proper prescription 20/20 as the doctor of our soul has ordered.

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.2 Corinthians 4:18

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Did I answer this one, cant remember, why does God use humans its because God is a consuming fire and if He appeared directly many of us will be burned to a crisp in his holy presence.

GOd told Jonah to go preach his word to the Ninevites. Jonah really didnt want to but he eventually did after much adventure and being swallowed by a whale. Basically he told the ninevites God was going to destroy them and to his surprise the ninevites did repent!

So why ask Jonah to preach and not tell them himself. Well you know God, he likes to teach Jonah as well as the ninevites about things like His great mercy and pity. If God had just directly told the ninevites he was going to destroy them in 40 days it would be like., they would have reacted and said um we dont like this God! They would have felt doomed wouldn they? But by using Jonah they could see well Jonahs a messenger who was spared so maybe his God will spare us. I mean who else survives being swallowed by a whale.

Maybe its that by being ambassador for Him, humans can best represent Him.

Mar 28, 2016
Did I answer this one, cant remember, why does God use humans its because God is a consuming fire and if He appeared directly many of us will be burned to a crisp in his holy presence.

GOd told Jonah to go preach his word to the Ninevites. Jonah really didnt want to but he eventually did after much adventure and being swallowed by a whale. Basically he told the ninevites God was going to destroy them and to his surprise the ninevites did repent!

So why ask Jonah to preach and not tell them himself. Well you know God, he likes to teach Jonah as well as the ninevites about things like His great mercy and pity. If God had just directly told the ninevites he was going to destroy them in 40 days it would be like., they would have reacted and said um we dont like this God! They would have felt doomed wouldn they? But by using Jonah they could see well Jonahs a messenger who was spared so maybe his God will spare us. I mean who else survives being swallowed by a whale.

Maybe its that by being ambassador for Him, humans can best represent Him.

Amen Jonas was used in a parable as a type of Christ . He as a prophet preached Christ and not his own self. Christ spoke to the Ninevites .He delivered them just as he delivered Jonas from the living suffering the pangs of hell as three day in the heart of the earth (belly of the whale) .

Feb 26, 2019

the spirit of the lord has appeared to me I am a living witness

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Good question.
Or another version of this, why does God speak to me through scripture and not audibly?
The best answer is to allow rebellion without immediate judgement.

Man cannot rebel and choose another way before God. He would die. God is very gracious and gives
us a choice and the ability to consider and come back.

A classic situation in the angel appearing to Zechariah the priest who doubted his message

"And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time."
Luke 1:20