Why does Jesus refer to himself as an Angel in the Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NWL

Jul 24, 2012
First of all, Trinity is a dogmatic word which does not exist in the Word. As for the prophecy in Isaiah, it names the three persons of Yahweh Elohanu in the Child to be born to the Virgin. Personally, I do not use the word, Trinity, because it does not appear in the Word, however I would be an obstinate
person not to recognize to what is being referred when the term is used. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word. Since you are in a room dedicated to those who believe Jesus, and you obviously do not have a clue as to what the folks here are all about, may I suggest you lurk and learn, and if this is not satisfactory, I invite you to leave the folks here in peace to edify and exhort one another. השאירו בשם ישו
So when saying this "it names the three persons of Yahweh Elohanu in the Child to be born to the Virgin." are you saying Jesus 'is' the Father and Holy Spirit and going against what people call the Trinity (That all people are separate but all together are equal)

Are you going against what is shown in this Trinity Picture Link, Yes or No? - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg

As I already answered you in my last post to you, people are answering my question that I posted, if they wish to be left in peace then all they need to do is not answer my post.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My Original Question was not in reference to the Angel in the scripture that was sent to bear witness, but to Jesus calling himself a "Morning Star", please re-read my original post.

And no, my point isn't to disrupt, All I'm doing is saying what I think and showing scripture to prove my point. You claim I'm molesting people, what do you want me to do, put a fine-print along with my question telling people that there's a chance I might answer back to them? Surely I have a right to answer back. If people don't want to answer my questions then they dont need to, I have no problem with that.

Thanks for your concerns though, duly noted ;)
Here is the original post with the question, copied, and pasted:

Why does Jesus refer to himself as an Angel in the Bible?

Please stop being disruptive, and save the winks.

C

chesser

Please. At least own up to it.

It seems you're arguing for soul sleep, Jesus being an angel... Seventh Day Adventist?
seventh days dont belive jesus was an angel, thats jehovas witnesses

L

Laodicea

seventh days dont belive jesus was an angel, thats jehovas witnesses
That is true, SDA"s teach that Jesus is God, He is not a created being.