Why God wants (or need ) to create us (human beings) and why he Create us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
All points noted and Thanks.
Is there an answer from the Catechism Q&A for the simple question as below?

Q: Where does God come from ?

In the beginning, there is NOTHING exists and everything were created from nothing. So , Where is the existence of God at the moment?
And why there is an exstence of God ?
Joe,

If you have access to it, the book Welcome to the Story by Stephen Nichols is a really good one to answer your question.

There are some others, too, such as God Dwells Among Us by GK Beale. But this might require a little more Bible knowledge than you have at this point.

Let me tell you this. American Christians are abysmally ignorant when it comes to answering questions like you are asking. They know details, but they have not put it all together in a overall metanarrative. They are believers, but their facts are disconnected. They can go through their scripts provided by Sunday school teachers, but they don't grasp the bigger narrative. They cannot see the "big picture" because they haven't been taught to. In some cases, I think this is due to dispensationalism and their detached view of the Bible's storyline.

I might be unfair in this statement but I don't think I am.

You may want to watch some free videos on Youtube by theBibleProject.

I have some issues with their teachings on specific topics but I don't think those issues would affect your understanding significantly. They are more "big picture" oriented.

If you want to talk to me one-on-one, email me at [email protected].

Dec 30, 2019
Many are called, but few are chosen.
Few are chosen because they are not willing to pay the price in holiness and sanctification to be used by God.

Dec 30, 2019
HE already knew from the beginning that HE would send HIS SON...
The very first word in the Bible is Beginning. If you study the letters that make up this word we see that the Son of God was given as a grain offering so that Heaven and Earth could be reconciled. Perhaps God knew from this beginning but the Universe had been around for 6 billion years before God created the Earth. As Sagan & Tyson say on Cosmos we are star stuff. The elements that make us up were created in the furnace of a star long before the Earth was created.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
The very first word in the Bible is Beginning. If you study the letters that make up this word we see that the Son of God was given as a grain offering so that Heaven and Earth could be reconciled. Perhaps God knew from this beginning but the Universe had been around for 6 billion years before God created the Earth. As Sagan & Tyson say on Cosmos we are star stuff. The elements that make us up were created in the furnace of a star long before the Earth was created.
Who is Sagan? is his additions to GODŚ WORD necessary...is he better than GOD?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Iḿ sorry the universe as in the Heavens...in which there was NOT yet a firmament to separate the waters above from the waters below

Dec 30, 2019
In the beginning, there is NOTHING exists and everything were created from nothing.
That is impossible. Nothing is a comparison to something. So you have to have something in order for nothing to exist. We are actually made up of negative, positive and neutral. We know in the beginning was darkness and God created light but now Science tells us darkness exists in a black hole because light cannot escape. On the event horizon light is expressed as a wave and a particle. We are dichotomous we have a duel nature, corruption and decay. God is a singularity, there is no corruption and decay in God. In the beginning was God and God is infinite, He has no beginning. If you take a part of infinity and shrink it down then you have a finite system. You have a beginning and an end.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Please don stop there...
In the beginning, GOD created the heavens and the earth...nd the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
That is impossible. Nothing is a comparison to something. So you have to have something in order for nothing to exist. We are actually made up of negative, positive and neutral. We know in the beginning was darkness and God created light but now Science tells us darkness exists in a black hole because light cannot escape. On the event horizon light is expressed as a wave and a particle. We are dichotomous we have a duel nature, corruption and decay. God is a singularity, there is no corruption and decay in God. In the beginning was God and God is infinite, He has no beginning. If you take a part of infinity and shrink it down then you have a finite system. You have a beginning and an end.
The SPIRIT of GOD existed.

Dec 30, 2019
Who is Sagan? is his additions to GODŚ WORD necessary...is he better than GOD?
Science is God, HE expresses Himself in the Bible and He expresses Himself in His Creation and Science is a study or a method we use to study Creation. Paul says: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) We have artifacts that are man made that we can study. Then we have natural evidence like fossils that we can study. God wants us to know what He has done. He gives us wisdom and knowledge. "By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place" (Proverb 3:9) God gives us wisdom, knowledge and understanding so we can study Creation and see what He has done.

Carl Edward Sagan was an American astronomer, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, author, science popularizer, and science communicator in astronomy and other natural sciences. He is best known as a science popularizer and communicator. He is known for a PBS program called cosmos. After he died Neil DeGrasse Tyson took over as the host of Cosmos.

Dec 30, 2019
Please don stop there...
In the beginning, GOD created the heavens and the earth...nd the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
We read the exact same thing in Jeremiah 4:23
"I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; I looked to the heavens, and they had no light".

In Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

US means Father, Son & Holy Spirit. God made man to "rule" over His Creation. We are given dominion and authority. This is why we are co heirs with Christ.

Dec 30, 2019
The SPIRIT of GOD existed.
Yes God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Jesus did not have a physical body until the incarnation when Mary birthed Him into the world. "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us" (John 1:14) In the beginning it was God's intention for Jesus to dwell with man. That is why our name is written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Science is God, HE expresses Himself in the Bible and He expresses Himself in His Creation and Science is a study or a method we use to study Creation. Paul says: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) We have artifacts that are man made that we can study. Then we have natural evidence like fossils that we can study. God wants us to know what He has done. He gives us wisdom and knowledge. "By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place" (Proverb 3:9) God gives us wisdom, knowledge and understanding so we can study Creation and see what He has done.

Carl Edward Sagan was an American astronomer, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, author, science popularizer, and science communicator in astronomy and other natural sciences. He is best known as a science popularizer and communicator. He is known for a PBS program called cosmos. After he died Neil DeGrasse Tyson took over as the host of Cosmos.
You aren´t reading and understanding all of Romans...you can´t take a snippet of a letter and claim you understand the letter. Please review all of Romans, or at least 1-5..

This is an admonition from Paul that both the Jew and Gentile will not be justified by the law...that there is a righteousness which is of GOD and that righteousness is to both the Jew and Gentile and is through faith in the ONE whom GOD sent into the world.

Science is NOT GOD...

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
We read the exact same thing in Jeremiah 4:23
"I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; I looked to the heavens, and they had no light".

In Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

US means Father, Son & Holy Spirit. God made man to "rule" over His Creation. We are given dominion and authority. This is why we are co heirs with Christ.
We couldn´t subdue the earth, sir...the command was given to Adam...did Adam subdue the earth?

we are co-heirs with CHRIST because we have been called up and out of the world and are seated in the heavenly realms IN...IN...IN CHRIST JESUS...

Apart from HIM we can´t do anything...

Please provide the scriptures so we can expound it correctly...

Ephesians 2 for your review and Ephesians, in general, discusses CHRIST´ś BODY

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Yes God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Jesus did not have a physical body until the incarnation when Mary birthed Him into the world. "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us" (John 1:14) In the beginning it was God's intention for Jesus to dwell with man. That is why our name is written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.
Who is THE WORD? And what does it mean that THE WORD became flesh and dwelt anmongst us?
GOD´s intention was that JESUS, by and through HIS HOLY FLESH, by HIS laying it down, HE would bring back to GOD, a people, set apart, and marked and covenanted to GOD through and by and in HIS SON...

GOD, in a sense, is marrying sons and daughters to HIMSELF,through HIS SON, who is THE BRIDEGROOM, and who alone will present back to HIS FATHER, HIS BRIDE

Dec 30, 2019
Who is THE WORD? And what does it mean that THE WORD became flesh and dwelt anmongst us?
That is up to the Holy Spirit of God to teach that to you. The Bible is the word of God. I have been doing a study on the Hebrew letters. Each and every letter is a symbol. For example the letter b represents a tent. The letter C represents a camel. This is why we can teach the Bible to little children because in the beginning everything is so very simple. Over the years things become more complex. For example when the Bible was written the Hebrew Children were living in tents. Now there are people that live in a high rise buildings. In the beginning C represented a camel or commerce. To get your product to market to sell it. Now we do not use camels so much as ships and airplanes to get our product to the market and to deliver it to the customer. This is how the Bible progresses from simple to more complex. Today we are doing the 40 days before passover. This is when the death angel passed over the homes of the people who had the blood on the doorpost. So this passover is a lot more real then it has ever been before because this year there is a real plague. The D in the Bible represents the door post that we put the Blood of Jesus. This determines IF the virus can enter into our home or not. So these symbols are becoming very real and our life depends on our understanding of them.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
That is up to the Holy Spirit of God to teach that to you. The Bible is the word of God. I have been doing a study on the Hebrew letters. Each and every letter is a symbol. For example the letter b represents a tent. The letter C represents a camel. This is why we can teach the Bible to little children because in the beginning everything is so very simple. Over the years things become more complex. For example when the Bible was written the Hebrew Children were living in tents. Now there are people that live in a high rise buildings. In the beginning C represented a camel or commerce. To get your product to market to sell it. Now we do not use camels so much as ships and airplanes to get our product to the market and to deliver it to the customer. This is how the Bible progresses from simple to more complex. Today we are doing the 40 days before passover. This is when the death angel passed over the homes of the people who had the blood on the doorpost. So this passover is a lot more real then it has ever been before because this year there is a real plague. The D in the Bible represents the door post that we put the Blood of Jesus. This determines IF the virus can enter into our home or not. So these symbols are becoming very real and our life depends on our understanding of them.
THE WORD, is JESUS CHRIST...just as revelation clearly states.

And yes, the HOLY SPIRIT has taught me...

Thank you

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
hebrews is a picture of JESUS CHRIST...and that all the temple rituals and worship were just the shadows of the realities found in JESS CHRIST....

Please don´t teach little children...

Thank you

Dec 30, 2019
Please don´t teach little children...
I have taken four teacher training classes at the Bible college. So I am well qualified to teach. If you do not want my help that is fine. Quit asking me questions and leave me alone.

I have been a christian for over 40 years and I spend up to 18 hours a day to read and study the Bible. In addition to shadow and types there are allegory, metaphor, archetype, homiletics, symbols, paradigms, parables, allusions and so on. Archetypes has been used by people like Jung so that this has become scientific. A recent best selling book deals with paradigms. I actually read that book just so I was prepared to help people to understand the paradigms that we read in the Bible.

Your disrespect does not surprise me. We have been told to expect that in the time we are living in.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I have taken four teacher training classes at the Bible college. So I am well qualified to teach. If you do not want my help that is fine. Quit asking me questions and leave me alone.

I have been a christian for over 40 years and I spend up to 18 hours a day to read and study the Bible. In addition to shadow and types there are allegory, metaphor, archetype, homiletics, symbols, paradigms, parables, allusions and so on. Archetypes has been used by people like Jung so that this has become scientific. A recent best selling book deals with paradigms. I actually read that book just so I was prepared to help people to understand the paradigms that we read in the Bible.

Your disrespect does not surprise me. We have been told to expect that in the time we are living in.
I´m sorry. All I can say is 1 Corinthians 2

The things of GOD are spiritually discerned...and anyone who has been born of HIS SPIRIT would not be taking a scientific approach to explaining THE GOSPEL...

Sorry

Joe

Feb 22, 2020
So, why there is an existence of "a singularity "?

That is what I am asking.