Why grace???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

So much here about grace so I thought I'd ask......why did God give us grace?

U

UnderGrace

He gives of Himself because He loves us that Much!

It is the grace of God.:)

Budman

Mar 9, 2014

We have been given grace through the blood of Jesus, because without it, we could never have been reconciled back to God. God loves us, and desires to save us, but not at the expense of His righteousness and justice. Grace is God showing His mercy while remaining Holy.

Grace is our pardon, paid for by Christ

P

pottersclay

Do you find yourself growing in grace???

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Do you find yourself growing in grace???
We all should be.

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." (2 Peter 3:18)

Dec 12, 2013
I find it is a place of being/living...... "under grace"
It is positional........numerous verses point this out.....

In the grace wherein we now STAND <--Romans 5
In the grace you are, having been saved by faith <---2nd Timothy

Just to name 2

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
"For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves" - Grace is a gift from God.

It is the love and mercy given to us by God, not because we deserve it, but because God loves us.

Simply said: Why did God give us grace?....because he loves us. Faith and grace go hand in hand.

U

UnderGrace

In the grace you are, having been saved by faith <---2nd Timothy

Just to name 2
Thank you for adding in the scripture!!! :)

Dec 12, 2013

In the grace you are, having been saved by faith <---Ephesians 2

Just to name 2
Correction in the bolded....still have jet lag from flight from Australia (takes about a week to get biological clock back on American time) and on cold meds HAHAHAH

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
On our part....God had no choice...we were a doomed race...an utter and total failure.

On God's part....He gets the glory and praise and worship and worshippers.

Works for me.

P

pottersclay

Is growing in grace a requirement???

Sep 3, 2018
Is growing in grace a requirement???
I think it is a natural consequence of increasing the Holy Spirit within us. Not sure what you mean by requirement? Maybe you mean growing in grace is a requirement for entering the pearly gates of Heaven?

Sep 3, 2018
Pottersclay, could you please provide us with your definition/understanding of what grace is. It will help me think about your original question.

P

pottersclay

Pottersclay, could you please provide us with your definition/understanding of what grace is. It will help me think about your original question.
Hello devoiler, welcome to c.c. I thought I'd start this thread and at first only ask questions, I have many brothers and sisters in this forum that can answer as well or even better than I can. As you see we have many subjects to choose from but many of them have been hammered to death. There are also a few that are and have been refuted for centuries, then there are ones that IMO are a waste of time.
My heart is that some do not understand the core issues of christianty, they are swayed by YouTube videos and false doctrine.
So in effort to do my part is to ask questions that some may feel afraid to ask as it would suggest a lack of knowledge.
I started with grace as I said in the o.p. it's talked about alot so what is it.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
Because He's gracious. It's what He does.

Psalm 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men ...

P

pottersclay

Grace so what is it? Is it a pardon? Is it a start over? Is it forgiveness?
First of all as we see in scripture it's a action that takes place. Not a thought nor a decree but a action.
We see our gracious God covering the sins of our first parents in Genesis. Why did he do this????