Why hasn't Christ come yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil112
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
You're blind as a bat fella. Tell me, were you born that way, or is that an accomplishment for you?

You say all christians will be murdered before Christ returns. The bible doesn't say that. That is a flat out lie. As, I think it was Dcon, pointed out, there will be those here on earth that will be caught up to meet Christ on His return...after the dead Christians meet Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Come on guy's. We are supposed to love him to and do our best to help him. Anger is not what Jesus, God, or the Holy spirit wants us to use in helping others. As ignorent as I am about scripture even I know that
 
Come on guy's. We are supposed to love him to and do our best to help him. Anger is not what Jesus, God, or the Holy spirit wants us to use in helping others. As ignorent as I am about scripture even I know that

When you get to know Phil , you will realize that is his love slap to the forehead, he truly only wants all to be saved.
 
  • Like
Reactions: phil112
I ask this almost daily. It seems incredible the mayhem, murder, and perversion of men in this world. Men are incredibly evil..............and then I read something like this.
This woman, and those like her, are the reason for His delay. He is still gathering His flock. Even so, surely it won't be long.

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, {and} one shepherd."
John 10:16
 
Come on guy's. We are supposed to love him to and do our best to help him. Anger is not what Jesus, God, or the Holy spirit wants us to use in helping others. As ignorent as I am about scripture even I know that
Anger? Hope you're not talking to me. As I have stated time and again, I am no man's enemy nor do I hate any man. The sun doesn't set on my ire. Hard to feel sympathy for one who rejecrts clear scripture and accuses those, as he does me, of being wrong when scripture is quoted.
Should he ever feel remorse and relent from his erroneous doctrine, I would be more than happy to edify him. However, I will never support or make an effort to edify anyone who clings to lies in the stark face of truth.
 
Anger? Hope you're not talking to me. As I have stated time and again, I am no man's enemy nor do I hate any man. The sun doesn't set on my ire. Hard to feel sympathy for one who rejecrts clear scripture and accuses those, as he does me, of being wrong when scripture is quoted.
Should he ever feel remorse and relent from his erroneous doctrine, I would be more than happy to edify him. However, I will never support or make an effort to edify anyone who clings to lies in the stark face of truth.

I'm not saying that you should. I'm saying that we all of us should try to be as helpful in bring Jeff to a more correct way of thinking. I was saying that to everyone not just you. What you quoted is the truth but it's not going to do much in helping Jeff to turn away from his anger issue. You have posted lots of helpful posts. Putting Jeff down over and over again is not going to help him. Once at a time not ganging up on him is what I was talking about. I do believe he is trying. He did say something good on this forum. That was his first time doing that. As far as I know.
 
When you get to know Phil , you will realize that is his love slap to the forehead, he truly only wants all to be saved.

Yes Phill I know that was what you were doing. So was everyone else who spock up. To much of a good thing can be bad. Like eating to much chocolate. Lol
 
Yes Phill I know that was what you were doing. So was everyone else who spock up. To much of a good thing can be bad. Like eating to much chocolate. Lol
I'm not here to win a popularity contest...is there actually one being ran? ;)

I'm here to fellowship with like minded believers. People that believe, as do I, that the bible is the word of God, that Christ is the only to heaven, and that trying to pervert the word, to take a shortcut, is a sure way to fail.
I simply make an effort to prevent false doctrine and misunderstood scripture being taken as gospel. When I get animated in conservation it is because I perceive that to be happening.

".........even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness."
 
I have read Revelation...more than once. Your bible must be different from mine. Just tell me the chapter and verse. It's there, according to you, so that surely isn't too much to ask? Shouldn't you be willing to enlighten someone who sincerely seeks knowledge?

I wonder the same thing from time to time. Scripture says:

But evil men and seducers (imposters) shall wax (grow) worse and worse........1Tim.3:13a



P.S. that sure is a cute pup.
 
That is because the 1st resurrection must first take place and then the transformation to immortality when we are caught up to heaven. God will then judge the world with cosmic calamities. When it will stop, we do not know. When will Christ return to Earth, we do not know.

What we do know is that Christ will come for us during our transformation to immortality and that we will all be with him in heaven. What we also know is that Christ will not return alone, for we will all reign with him.
 
I'm not here to win a popularity contest...is there actually one being ran? ;)

I'm here to fellowship with like minded believers. People that believe, as do I, that the bible is the word of God, that Christ is the only to heaven, and that trying to pervert the word, to take a shortcut, is a sure way to fail.
I simply make an effort to prevent false doctrine and misunderstood scripture being taken as gospel. When I get animated in conservation it is because I perceive that to be happening.

I'm glad you do and I do trust you in this. Your very helpful. Your perception is what gains you favor. I can't say that about Jeff 56
 
Come on guy's. We are supposed to love him to and do our best to help him. Anger is not what Jesus, God, or the Holy spirit wants us to use in helping others. As ignorent as I am about scripture even I know that

the conversations recorded in the gospels between Jesus and the religious leaders of the time are very sharp and aggressive. He held those who claimed to be wise to account, and was gentle with those who were humble.

e.g. -
Jesus said to them,
“
If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains."
(John 9:41)​

it is a common misconception, because people do not read the scripture, that Christ was at all times and to all people nothing but butterflies and rainbows and hugs. not so. He was proportionately angry with people who had or claimed to have more knowledge and understanding, and were wrong. the jealous God of the old testament is exactly the same God that was revealed in the flesh in the person of Christ in the new testament. Christ spoke more about hell and damnation than anyone else in the Bible.

maybe phil was too harsh, but harshness in and of itself is not sin, and is not against the nature of God or out of the character of the Spirit - there is a proper time and place for it.

another example - Paul, writing to Titus, a missionary to Crete, where the people were famous liars, braggarts and all-around-jerks, said:
One of the Cretans, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.”
This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not devoting themselves to Jewish myths and the commands of people who turn away from the truth.

(Titus 1:12-14)​

so Christ's chosen apostle here quotes and agrees with a pretty unkind generalization of the people of the island, and actually encourages the young preacher there to use his 'angry voice.'

sometimes it is called for. in the Proverbs, it is repeated more than once that a wise man will love you for a rebuke, when it is deserved.

((not speaking specifically to Phil & Jeff's conversation - just that it's not necessarily wrong for a Christian to be stern))

this is why i was pretty 'direct' with you when i first started replying here, Michael. not because i wasn't trying to love you - but to get your attention, because i saw that you were wrong about Hinduism, Buddhism, and even Christianity, and i wanted you to hear the truth. so i said it 'loudly' :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: phil112
I'm glad you do and I do trust you in this. Your very helpful. Your perception is what gains you favor. I can't say that about Jeff 56

i was put off by Jeff's mannerism too when i met him. but i'm learning to see past his directness and understand that he also has some very important and true things to share with us, and he is also my brother, even if i don't see eye-to-eye with him everywhere yet.
i see that he wants for Jah to be praised more than anything else, and in that, we are blood of the same blood :)

Jeff, forgive me for letting my pride keep me from listening to you in the past.
 
i was put off by Jeff's mannerism too when i met him. but i'm learning to see past his directness and understand that he also has some very important and true things to share with us, and he is also my brother, even if i don't see eye-to-eye with him everywhere yet.
i see that he wants for Jah to be praised more than anything else, and in that, we are blood of the same blood :)

Jeff, forgive me for letting my pride keep me from listening to you in the past.

I only wish I could could write so well. This is why I want all of us to help him to be a better Christian. He does have a good hart and he does love God. He just tries to hard and let's his anger have to much control over what he says.
 
I only wish I could could write so well. This is why I want all of us to help him to be a better Christian. He does have a good hart and he does love God. He just tries to hard and let's his anger have to much control over what he says.

you remind us that we're supposed to be loving each other -- that's supposed to be the thing that sets us apart in the world!

i love that too. thanks :)
 
I've talked to people in each of those religions. They told me they worship one God. I don't think they had any reason to lye to me because I didn't tell them I was a Christian for the reason you give. There is no tolerance for other religious believes in most Christians. Why is that?

Okay, so you think out of the box. You align God with the false god/s of idolaters. Where's the Bible in all this?

Are you a follower of the KohenMatt and Simiel duo? Join them. You'd three be: The New Three Stooges. (But one's been banned. Probably Moe, AKA Simiel.)
 
Last edited:
posthuman, Michael65,

your hearts have shined through you understanding and kind words.

my husband and I are very touched and hopeful that your loving examples
will minister unto others -
like the old-saying goes, 'an ounce of example is worth a pound of preaching'.

the scripture plainly tells us to 'be kind to one another', does this negate
reprimands, correction, calling someone out for questionable behavior,
like Paul did Peter?
of course this is also a part of a Christian's duty that they are to perform
with a loving heart filled with tolerance and patience.
(not easy to perfect), especially when we are challenged with eccentric
behaviours or just someone with a very different way of expressing
themselves, basically ways that may be uncomfortable in the
'usual-social-norm'.

our Father has put so many opportunities in our paths in order for us
to learn how to accept and deal with not only what we are comfortable with or
what we prefer, but what will help to grow and learn how to minister and to give
what is most needful from Christ's perspective in order to help others.

like it is written,
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.'
 
Should we be rejoicing because the end is near? Scripture says something like that but I can't help but feel sad for those who are not saved, and a sense of urgency about it because more and more things are pointing to it all being wrapped up soon.
Guess you can feel relief and sadness at the same time...