Why have you forsaken me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Of course, a man who divorces his wife makes her an adulteress even if she is innocent of any

You may need to explain why your believe I have misunderstood the scripture pertaining to divorce, if you intended your post to achieve something.
I believe I addressed your claims on adultery exactly. A woman is not made such unless she remarries, however if the reason for the divorce is because of the husband's adultery she is free of her bond to him.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You forgot, before he died, his last words were to his Father who you say forsook him,

Luke 23:46, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." Doesn't sound like he was forsaken to me. He said that while he was still alive, and according to you, he was filled with our sins. If he had any sin, according to Jewish law, if a sacrifice had a blemish of any kind, it would be rejected.

When he said it is finished, he fulfilled the law to the last dot, and a blemished sacrifice doesn't cut it, not in my thinking anyway. But thanks for your comments, interesting subject.
“so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when the sin sacrifice was made there were two goats a lot was cast between the two goats one goat on whom the lot fell would be the sin sacrifice . The other fost would have the sin transferred onto it by a priest and then it was led away alive from the camp onto the wilderness and no one knew where thier sins went the scapegoat bore them away and the sin sacrifice shed it’s blood of atonement for the sins to pay the payment required whicch is death

Jesus is both the sin sacrifice who died for sin and also the scapegoat who carried our sins away on himself to an unknown place

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Of course, a man who divorces his wife makes her an adulteress even if she is innocent of any

I believe I addressed your claims on adultery exactly. A woman is not made such unless she remarries, however if the reason for the divorce is because of the husband's adultery she is free of her bond to him.
Matt. 5:32But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
“so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when the sin sacrifice was made there were two goats a lot was cast between the two goats one goat on whom the lot fell would be the sin sacrifice . The other fost would have the sin transferred onto it by a priest and then it was led away alive from the camp onto the wilderness and no one knew where thier sins went the scapegoat bore them away and the sin sacrifice shed it’s blood of atonement for the sins to pay the payment required whicch is death

Jesus is both the sin sacrifice who died for sin and also the scapegoat who carried our sins away on himself to an unknown place
The scapegoat sacrifice occurred in the Yom Kippur ritual usually in October. Jesus sacrificed was the final Passover Lamb to be sacrifice, this ritual takes place in April. But I understand what you mean.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Matt. 5:32But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
The divorced wife only becomes an adlultress if she remarries, however if the divorced husband is the adulterer, she is free to remarry.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The scapegoat sacrifice occurred in the Yom Kippur ritual usually in October. Jesus sacrificed was the final Passover Lamb to be sacrifice, this ritual takes place in April. But I understand what you mean.
Jesus sacrifice covered all sacrifices of the law the atonement sacrifice as well as Passover , as well as daily ….

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
The divorced wife only becomes an adlultress if she remarries, however if the divorced husband is the adulterer, she is free to remarry.
I agree she does not really become an adulteress if her husband divorces her for other than sexual unfaithfulness. That's not what I said Matt. 5:32 says. It says the divorcing husband MAKES her an adulteress. In the same way God can be MADE a liar without being one, and Christ could be MADE sin without actually being sin.