Why Here in the BDF?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 28, 2016
Because Calvinist Movie will probably end up being discussed like a BDF topic. It will make a few a little angry because their fragile theology will be challenged and refuted, even if only via the trailers:

[video=youtube;axjzInqdzBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjzInqdzBI[/video]

For the record, I've yet to watch the movie, but have ordered it, and, LORD willing it should arrive this weekend and we will be able to see it.

Dec 28, 2016
Trailer #2:

[video=youtube;2twhIOEDsM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2twhIOEDsM4[/video]

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Are you a Calvinist?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I only watch stuff rated by Siskel and Ebert.....:p

Dec 28, 2016
Trailer #2:

[video=youtube;2twhIOEDsM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2twhIOEDsM4[/video]
I laughed when the portrait of Cavin reached over and pulled the nail out that held Arminius' portrait. It crashed and broke. Lullz!!!

Marano

Dec 7, 2011
Hopefuly I can watch it somehow.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
We don't follow Calvin, either.

Arminians don't follow Arminius, either.
Why is ti called Calvinist then, honestly that is something that always threw me off about Lutheran, Calvinist, etc...

Dec 28, 2016
LOL

I dont follow Calvin
Nor do I. But you are highly influenced by another's teachings, other than Christs. Unless, of course, you're one who has gotten ALL of his teachings only directly from God and no one else has ever taught you, unless you go circular and claim all your teachers were only taught directly from God.

Too.

See the problem?

I follow Yahshua, He gives me understanding.
But of course!

Your statement above is designed to point to yourself more than to any other. "Congrats!!!!"

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
LOL

Nor do I. But you are highly influenced by another's teachings, other than Christs. Unless, of course, you're one who has gotten ALL of his teachings only directly from God and no one else has ever taught you, unless you go circular and claim all your teachers were only taught directly from God.

Too.

See the problem?

But of course!

Your statement above is designed to point to yourself more than to any other. "Congrats!!!!"
ok. So I cant even say I follow the Messiah and He has shown me the way Im being self righteous? Are you looking for a excuse to accuse?

LOL
But you are highly influenced by another's teachings, other than Christs. Unless, of course, you're one who has gotten ALL of his teachings only directly from God and no one else has ever taught you, unless you go circular and claim all your teachers were only taught directly from God.
This is not true and even if it were how would you even know that? Can you find a single post where I used anothers teaching directly or indirectly concerning Scripture?

Dec 28, 2016
Why is ti called Calvinist then, honestly that is something that always threw me off about Lutheran, Calvinist, etc...
Saying I am a Calvinist lets ppl know where I stand in regards to TULIP.

But I don't agree with his eccesiology or paedobaptism stance.

Plus, saying I am a Calvinist gives ppl a target to shoot at.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Saying I am a Calvinist lets ppl know where I stand in regards to TULIP.

But I don't agree with his eccesiology or paedobaptism stance.

Plus, saying I am a Calvinist gives ppl a target to shoot at.
What is TULIP?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Basically it is false doctrine dressed up as "the doctrines of grace".

T = Total Depravity
U = Unconditional Election
L = Limited Atonement
I = Irresistible Grace
P = Perseverance of the saints.

Dec 28, 2016
Because Calvinist Movie will probably end up being discussed like a BDF topic. It will make a few a little angry because their fragile theology will be challenged and refuted, even if only via the trailers:

[video=youtube;axjzInqdzBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjzInqdzBI[/video]

For the record, I've yet to watch the movie, but have ordered it, and, LORD willing it should arrive this weekend and we will be able to see it.
How much $???