Why Here in the BDF?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i'd like the coffee mug that says "in the morning when i rise give me Jesus"

always loved that song. and after all, one must have coffee.

thx for the heads up, P4T. will put the film (and mug! lol) on my Christmas list. :)

May 11, 2014
Oh the irony, calvinism is a fairly new development, nobody believed it until recently. Both Luther and Calvin were heavily influenced by Augustine, and we get most of our western theology from him. Theology of the times.
That is why they held on to so many catholic practices, because Augustine held to the same. The interesting thing when studying Church history is that the Roman Catholics consider Augustine a saint, yet they do not share his beliefs on predestination, rather strange.

All this to say, stop the "we follow Scripture, you follow tradition" nonsense. It is absolutely ridicilous. The early church just did not understand predestination the way you do, deal with reality.

Sep 6, 2017
i'd like the coffee mug that says "in the morning when i rise give me Jesus"

always loved that song. and after all, one must have coffee.

thx for the heads up, P4T. will put the film (and mug! lol) on my Christmas list. :)
[video=youtube;wS4JQi4dgvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS4JQi4dgvg[/video]

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I can hear Calvin now:

'I can't get no respect!'

snicker
Well, Im'ma bout to give him all my money so all I'm askin is a lil respect from him...:rolleyes: LOL
[video=youtube;SAI_Nv3qWto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAI_Nv3qWto[/video]

Just kidding y'all hope y'uns enjoy the movie, the party gifts, and memorabilia...:)

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Well, Im'ma bout to give him all my money so all I'm askin is a lil respect from him...:rolleyes: LOL

Just kidding y'all hope y'uns enjoy the movie, the party gifts, and memorabilia...:)
lovely parting gifts? :rolleyes: lol

just Jesus... give me Jesus. :)

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
lovely parting gifts? :rolleyes: lol

just Jesus... give me Jesus. :)
Amen sister...

And I really wasn't sure if it was parting or partying...LOL I'm being a little silly today:p

notuptome

May 17, 2013
All you who think that Calvinism is biblically correct what do you do with Gen 3:22?

Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 28, 2016
Oh the irony, calvinism is a fairly new development, nobody believed it until recently. Both Luther and Calvin were heavily influenced by Augustine, and we get most of our western theology from him. Theology of the times.
That is why they held on to so many catholic practices, because Augustine held to the same. The interesting thing when studying Church history is that the Roman Catholics consider Augustine a saint, yet they do not share his beliefs on predestination, rather strange.

All this to say, stop the "we follow Scripture, you follow tradition" nonsense. It is absolutely ridicilous. The early church just did not understand predestination the way you do, deal with reality.
uh....lollllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You don't know what you're talking about.

Feb 28, 2016
ACTS 11:26.
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that
a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people.
And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

11Peter 3:18.
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

MATT. 4:19.
And He saith unto them, Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Are you a Calvinist?
Lol.

Of course P4T is, Hiz. Don't you see how he flashes his card around the forums?
All that love?

Anyone who defends him obviously hasn't read his posts where he bashes the younger members or anyone who might be struggling with their walk.
It's classy.( l'm not sure if most Calvinists are that way, ...l also can see why some would be though.)

If he responds to this...watch him defend his actions as he takes a smug jab at me.

l was hoping maybe he was here, like most of us, to learn a little, politely discuss topics with others...all brothers and sisters...all of us have areas where we can improve. Myself included.

...it's obvious he does read the Bible...sadly, he just doesn't seem to understand it very well. :(

May 11, 2014
Lol.

Of course P4T is, Hiz. Don't you see how he flashes his card around the forums?
All that love?

Anyone who defends him obviously hasn't read his posts where he bashes the younger members or anyone who might be struggling with their walk.
It's classy.( l'm not sure if most Calvinists are that way, ...l also can see why some would be though.)

If he responds to this...watch him defend his actions as he takes a smug jab at me.

l was hoping maybe he was here, like most of us, to learn a little, politely discuss topics with others...all brothers and sisters...all of us have areas where we can improve. Myself included.

...it's obvious he does read the Bible...sadly, he just doesn't seem to understand it very well. :(
Yup, finally someone gets it, notice how preacherfor"truth" responded to my historical FACTS FACTS FACTS that he cannot deal with, just said "lollzz".
After you said this, you can get ready for the usual low-testosterone victim syndrome complaining about "false witness" "i let you have the last word". Alternatively he might pull out the "roleplaying James White as a grown man on the internet" card and acting like a concerned pastor "standing for truth" :D This guy is a talking meme really. The pattern is easy to spot, almost like a bot. I fell for it a couple of times too, and have seen multiple other people fall for the trap. Pretty sure he is just trolling.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
All you who think that Calvinism is biblically correct what do you do with Gen 3:22?

Ge 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

For the cause of Christ
Roger

The Fall was a terrible thing..where mans nature was no longer the same, hence 'The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.' And spiritual dead and even hostile towards God ((thats all humans)Eph 2:1ff; Rom 8:7-8).

Therefore, no man seeks after God, and each man/woman is responsible for their own actions. I amazed and humbled with God's grace, that He actually chose to save anyone. Some would say this is unfair, but it is only unfair according to 'Me' for 'I' decide if 'I' will be saved. Yet, the bible teaches to contrary and Paul answers this very question:

You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Rom 9:19-20)

Does the scripture not describe about those who complain that God chooses who will be saved (2 Tim 1:9; Acts 13:48; Acts 16:14 etc etc etc).

Last edited:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I respectfully disagree due to the fact these read Scripture via tradition and don't employ proper contextual exegesis, which is witnessed on here and elsewhere perpetually. ;)

I've yet to witness, after many watched debates, podcasts, read books, any one person who is anti-cal come close to refuting the Doctrines of Grace or TULIP with contextually exegeted Scripture.

Typically those who set out to refute merely run to another text of Scripture in lieu of giving proper exegesis of the one being debated. Then there is also the philosophical and sentimental arguments that are offered instead of Scripture. The Scriptures these employ are taken out of proper context and are generally 2 Peter 3:9, 1 Timothy 2:4 and the big whammy, John 3:16. Oh, also Matthew 22:37.

There are highly educated biblical scholars on both sides of this debate... we might do well not to sweep one side under the rug so quickly.

Also, your opposition can make all of the IDENTICAL claims about your approach: that you use incorrect exegesis based upon weak hermeneutics, and that the reformed approach is based too heavily in philosophy rather than scripture.

In this particular debate, we might do well to be a bit more patient and respectful of our opposition.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I'm not making the claim here that the reformed position is ultimately incorrect.

I'm making the claim that both sides can be debated and defended quite rigorously, and HAVE been, for hundreds of years, by great men of faith.

In this particular debate, BOTH sides might do well to maintain some respect, and appreciation, for their brethren on the opposition.

God Bless

Dec 28, 2016
notice how preacherfor"truth" responded to my historical FACTS FACTS FACTS that he cannot deal with, just said "lollzz".
Really now? Can you point us to your "facts" below?

Oh the irony, calvinism is a fairly new development, nobody believed it until recently.
LOL!!!!!!!! Anyhow, continue your drivel:

Both Luther and Calvin were heavily influenced by Augustine, and we get most of our western theology from him.
OH NO!!!!!!!!! And this is a bad thing, why?

Theology of the times.
Yours is of the "more recent times" and heavily influenced by a few, um, heretics.

So MANY Catholic practices eh? Of course the RCC doesn't agree with predestination, it doesn't believe that part of Scripture, nor do you, because your theology is pretty much all new and rejects the true Gospel for a truncated version.

Hmmmm....Calvinism is a "fairly new development" eh? OK.

You do follow tradition, not exegeted Scripture, and the decisional regeneration you've bought into was introduced by C G Finney and Robert Sandeman. You're a "verse-ologist" and loathe exegesis and the true Gospel and all it entails, including proper and biblically defined foreknowledge, predestination, election, God's Sovereignty.

And you say "Calvinism" is new? Everything in Calvinism is from biblical exegesis. Your decisional regeneration? Not so much and it's been around for only a couple hundred years or so.

I bet you also believe in the dichotomy of a believer and disciple, yes? Do tell.

Anyhow, go fetch some facts to back up your claims above, I'm seeing little to none. :D