Why humans survived the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 18, 2021
I was reading an article online where some scientists allegedly suggest that there was an asteroid that hit the Yucatan Mexican peninsula whose nuclear like effects wiped out the dinosaurs and 70 percent of the species. My question is, if this is true whats so special about humanity that we survived and those extinct species didnt?

Why do scientists like to contrarict themselves, if that asteroid was nuclear like and more powerful than today's nuclear bombs, what makes them so sure that a world war three fought with nuclear weapons would end us if we survived that asteroid?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I was reading an article online where some scientists allegedly suggest that there was an asteroid that hit the Yucatan Mexican peninsula whose nuclear like effects wiped out the dinosaurs and 70 percent of the species. My question is, if this is true whats so special about humanity that we survived and those extinct species didnt?

Why do scientists like to contrarict themselves, if that asteroid was nuclear like and more powerful than today's nuclear bombs, what makes them so sure that a world war three fought with nuclear weapons would end us if we survived that asteroid?
I would say as an old earth creationist that humans had not been created yet.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

To answer the last question first, the problem with nuclear is the radiation. Depending on the extent of the bombing, a good deal of the earth could be rendered uninhabitable. There is also the so-called nuclear winter. This predicts, with good reason, that the earth would be plunged into life threatening weather conditions. Something similar happens when with massive volcano eruptions. Debris is thrown into the atmosphere, blocking the sun and cooling the earth. This has been recorded after Krakatoa erupted.

I understand that scientists generally do not believe that people and dinosaurs coexisted. Dinosaurs are cold blooded and so supposedly could not have survived the post asteroid cooling that took place. It's all guesswork. Alligators and crocodiles survived, as did snakes and countless other reptiles. We'll know one day. For now, it's speculation. What does it benefit mankind? Nothing, as far as I can tell.

Sep 18, 2021
I would say as an old earth creationist that humans had not been created yet.
But the time diffefence between the creation of the world and creation of manking was 3 days... Earth(3rd day), Adam and Eve(6th day).
Scientists claim the earth was created 6 billion years ago, the bible says 4200 years before Jesus came plus 2000 years AD which makes it 6200 years since creation.
14 gens from Adam to Noah
14 gens from Noah to Abraham
14 gens from Abraham to Jesus...
Assuming a sample generation lifetime is 100 years thats 42 times 100=4200 years....
One thing, our Bible does not account for extinction of species found dead

Sep 18, 2021
To answer the last question first, the problem with nuclear is the radiation. Depending on the extent of the bombing, a good deal of the earth could be rendered uninhabitable. There is also the so-called nuclear winter. This predicts, with good reason, that the earth would be plunged into life threatening weather conditions. Something similar happens when with massive volcano eruptions. Debris is thrown into the atmosphere, blocking the sun and cooling the earth. This has been recorded after Krakatoa erupted.

I understand that scientists generally do not believe that people and dinosaurs coexisted. Dinosaurs are cold blooded and so supposedly could not have survived the post asteroid cooling that took place. It's all guesswork. Alligators and crocodiles survived, as did snakes and countless other reptiles. We'll know one day. For now, it's speculation. What does it benefit mankind? Nothing, as far as I can tell.
So we can deduce that the humans were created after the mesozoic era? Or according to scientists, our era of dominating nature began with the decline of the dinosaurs?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

History has known many great liars: Copernicus... Goebbels... St. Ralph the Liar... But there have been none quite so vile as the so-called "evolutionary scientists" who make up just-so stories about scientific matters that they know absolutely nothing about.

I don't believe there is any evidence that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. However, there is evidence that man did live with large, dinosaur-like creatures.

Sep 18, 2021
Wow, I also suspected that we co existed.. ha ha ha these scientists always trying to convert lies to truth

Sep 18, 2021
human footprints together with dinosaur footprints-
https://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm
History has known many great liars: Copernicus... Goebbels... St. Ralph the Liar... But there have been none quite so vile as the so-called "evolutionary scientists" who make up just-so stories about scientific matters that they know absolutely nothing about.

I don't believe there is any evidence that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. However, there is evidence that man did live with large, dinosaur-like creatures.
The tragic climate change is what made the dinosaurs go extinct not some made up rock hitting the earth. These smart guys are funny.. and their lies are very succesful

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The tragic climate change is what made the dinosaurs go extinct not some made up rock hitting the earth. These smart guys are funny.. and their lies are very succesful
Lol. I thought the dinosaurs went extinct 'cause Noah and his sons ate them all! :)

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
But the time diffefence between the creation of the world and creation of manking was 3 days... Earth(3rd day), Adam and Eve(6th day).
Scientists claim the earth was created 6 billion years ago, the bible says 4200 years before Jesus came plus 2000 years AD which makes it 6200 years since creation.
14 gens from Adam to Noah
14 gens from Noah to Abraham
14 gens from Abraham to Jesus...
Assuming a sample generation lifetime is 100 years thats 42 times 100=4200 years....
One thing, our Bible does not account for extinction of species found dead
Hello TimothyGodIsLove,

Actually, the earth itself was not made during the six days of creation. The scripture below demonstrates that the earth was already existing prior to God creating everything on it and around it:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters."

How long the earth was here in that state, we don't know. But if you'll notice, the creation of the earth itself was not apart of the six days of creation. It was already here formless and empty and covered with water. Therefore, we have no idea of how long the earth was here prior to that six days of creation. One thing is for sure is that, the earth was here first before the sun, moon and all of those stars and galaxies.

In regards to surviving nuclear wars, we know from Revelation God's wrath via the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, as well as the plagues of wrath that the two witnesses bring. Because of all of these, the majority of the earth's population will have been decimated and all human government dismantle in preparation for the Lord's return to the earth to end the age and to establish His millennial kingdom.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
you sound like a very sad and ignorant person, after accepting Christ it is required that a person renew the mind, looking then through the lens of God, seeing the world as He sees it, We are no longer oyr own when we are in Christ.
You don't post as a person with a renewed mind but as a person still leaning on their own, faulty understanding.
Goodbye

Sep 18, 2021
Lol. I thought the dinosaurs went extinct 'cause Noah and his sons ate them all! :)
I bet the floods might have wiped them out because their size really limited them being allowed into the ark. Other species not ordered by God might have been killed by the flood.

Sep 18, 2021
Hello TimothyGodIsLove,

Actually, the earth itself was not made during the six days of creation. The scripture below demonstrates that the earth was already existing prior to God creating everything on it and around it:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters."

How long the earth was here in that state, we don't know. But if you'll notice, the creation of the earth itself was not apart of the six days of creation. It was already here formless and empty and covered with water. Therefore, we have no idea of how long the earth was here prior to that six days of creation. One thing is for sure is that, the earth was here first before the sun, moon and all of those stars and galaxies.

In regards to surviving nuclear wars, we know from Revelation God's wrath via the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, as well as the plagues of wrath that the two witnesses bring. Because of all of these, the majority of the earth's population will have been decimated and all human government dismantle in preparation for the Lord's return to the earth to end the age and to establish His millennial kingdom.
So according to your understanding, there is an unknown time lapse between the Beginning(timestamp) and Let There be Light.
This could be why Radioactive dating of rocks points to billion of years. But why would God allow that size of time to lapse?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
So according to your understanding, there is an unknown time lapse between the Beginning(timestamp) and Let There be Light.
This could be why Radioactive dating of rocks points to billion of years. But why would God allow that size of time to lapse?
Correct! The creation that is mentioned, is referring to everything that God created on the already exiting earth and the Cosmo's. So, who knows how long the earth was just sitting there covered in water before the creation. My point is that, the word of God does not say, "On the first day, God created the earth which was covered in water. It was already there. The creation is within the earth and outside of it. But the earth was already here.

Also, regarding the dinosaurs, I don't believe that mankind was on the earth at the same time as they were.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
it was the flood, otherwise we wouldnt even have fossils. Fossils are formed in sedimentary rock, which is created by huge floods (hence the name SEDIMENT)

Not sure why scientists keep insisting on an asteroid. I suppose they got nothing better to think about. The floods came because the fountains of the deep erupted (already IN the earth) and 40 days of rain. The flood basically rearranged the earth, which is why its tilted on an axis.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The other really weird hypothesis scientists like to put forward is the universe was started with a 'big bang' lol

if that isnt childish reasoning I dont know what is.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Prezactly.

We could argue this topic for years and years, but none of us really know. We will find out someday, but when we find out it probably won't really matter. Shoot, it doesn't really matter now.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Correct! The creation that is mentioned, is referring to everything that God created on the already exiting earth and the Cosmo's. So, who knows how long the earth was just sitting there covered in water before the creation. My point is that, the word of God does not say, "On the first day, God created the earth which was covered in water. It was already there. The creation is within the earth and outside of it. But the earth was already here.
Saying the earth was covered with water does not equate to it already being there as if it had not been created exactly as God's Word says: in the beginning. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. What is so difficult about that?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
you sound like a very sad and ignorant person, after accepting Christ it is required that a person renew the mind, looking then through the lens of God, seeing the world as He sees it, We are no longer oyr own when we are in Christ.
You don't post as a person with a renewed mind but as a person still leaning on their own, faulty understanding.
Goodbye
This topic is certainly not important enough to warrant THAT much acrimony.

But then you do love insulting people for no apparent reason...

Sorry TimothyGodIsLove. Usually people only insult each other like that in the Bible Discussion Forum, but occasionally we get some leakage into these other forums. Somebody needs to check the seals between the forums. Gonna have to replace the O-rings again.