Why I choose to be Catholic

• Thread starter morefaithrequired
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

What I’m going to say now hasn’t got anything to do with this thread, it’s my general view of the debating climate here.

It’s my understanding, based on seven years of being a member here, that ‘truth’ is one of the most misused words.

‘Truth’ has become a word people can wrap around their insults and hatred in order to sugarcoat their rantings with a varnish of sound Biblical ground.

Maybe they’re trying to make people shut up? They succeed of course to some extent, but personally I don’t take much notice except from getting indifferent regarding those people.
aint that the truth!
but seriously you are right..
We all agree that Jesus Christ is the truth. But do we really know Him? Or are we just all delusionals?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The truth is Adstar you need to look at the man in the mirror. Focus on your own faith journey. Your own sins. Not the sins (alleged or real) of the Catholic Church. This hatred of us has become obsessive.
Im sorry if that sounds disrespectful. I will ignore your future posts until you calm down.
My sins are paid for by the Atoning blood of Jesus.. You of course are focused on your sins because you belong to a works based religion.. You have already sined the sin that shall never have forgivness so i cannot even wish for you to repent and i cannot hope that you will be forgiven.. I hate the roman catholic church, thats true.. But i see you believe i hate catholics.. Well let me tell you i love my mother and she is a catholic...

As far as i am concerned you are welcome to ignore my posts because since you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit by accusing everyone in here who is a protestant of being lead by a demon/s you are destined to be in torment forever and ever in the eternal lake of fire.. So nothing i can say to you from this moment on will be of any eternal benifit to you..

But i will continue to oppose the evil roman catholic church and it's doctrines.. So be as disrespectful as you like i am honored by God to be subjected to denigration for my standing up for His Word..

Matthew 5: KJV
11 "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

I am Blessed :)

S

Susanna

It is as clear as day that this post is making the claim that the protestant movement was inspired and thus is inspired by demons.. So just as the scribes who came from Jerusalem accused Jesus of having a demon so to now does this agent of the roman catholic cult accuse all protestants of being lead by demons..

This is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and for this sin there shall never be forgiveness in this world or the next..
Are you familiar with the two unrelated terms DENOM (abbreviation for denomination) and DEMON?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Are you familiar with the two unrelated terms DENOM (abbreviation for denomination) and DEMON?
:oops: You're right..

I stand corrected..

So maybe there is still hope that morefaithrequiored can be saved. :)

I don't have much hope for him because it is clear he has come here to preach and promote the catholic church so he has not been in listening mode but teaching mode.. But God knows His future.. I hope you are also saved from the evil catholic religion Susanna and any other stealth catholics in this forum who lack the courage to come out as being part of that cult..

M

morefaithrequired

just hilarious...….

Christianity consist of many different demonisations! :)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
:oops: You're right..

I stand corrected..

So maybe there is still hope that morefaithrequiored can be saved. :)

I don't have much hope for him because it is clear he has come here to preach and promote the catholic church so he has not been in listening mode but teaching mode.. But God knows His future.. I hope you are also saved from the evil catholic religion Susanna and any other stealth catholics in this forum who lack the courage to come out as being part of that cult..
Just a stab in the dark here but you wouldn't happen to be a Republican would you?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Just a stab in the dark here but you wouldn't happen to be a Republican would you?
Nope..
I am not even an American.. I don't even vote.. Never been in any political party..

Just a stab in the dark Why on earth did you ask me if i was a republican ?
What has that got to do with the question of the Roman catholic religon?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I was asking Adstar…. you seem to be a moderate thinker to me.
I have actually done two of those Leftist Rightist liberal conservative online questionnaires that end up making a graph to tell you where you sit on the political/ social landscape.. And the results always showed me as a centrist..

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Nope..
I am not even an American.. I don't even vote.. Never been in any political party..

Just a stab in the dark Why on earth did you ask me if i was a republican ?
What has that got to do with the question of the Roman catholic religon?
Just the way you respond sounds as though you are a Republican, very strong opinion - it's your way or the highway.....the rest of us are wrong.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I am glad you’ve found your place. :)

I was raised Roman Catholic and spent a lot of time at the rectory. My family was affiliated with the the parish for decades. When I dropped by we’d have a bite to eat and rich discussions. They gave me my first bible which I read faithfully by flashlight. My favorite books were The Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach and Ecclesiastes.

Given the absence of supervision (I often came alone), I’m immensely thankful for the Lord’s protection and their character. Being in a house full of men could have had a different outcome. They planted a spiritual seed that would be instrumental later on.

Although I felt Catholicism wasn’t the right road for me and explored other traditions and religions en route to Him. I’ve never forgotten the role it played. Or His willingness to bring me full circle at a monastic weekend years later and have them validate my calling (1 of 3 who would) and reveal my way of engaging with the Lord during prayer had a name. I was doing Lectio Divina all along and never knew.

To their credit, I have never felt a greater peace than I did within the monastery. We were permitted to sit with the cloister and followed their routine. It was a Trappistine order and we prayed all the offices. My soul was elated but my heart grieved. My departure caused me great pain but the Lord was clear. I was needed elsewhere. Since that time, I’ve returned more than once.

I didn’t find my way back to God or Christ in a church. He led me to a Conservative Jewish synagogue. I was agnostic and nearing the point of atheism before He snatched me back. I would not possess the certainty and rootedness I have if I’d gone elsewhere. And I doubt I’d have the tolerance and trust if others were telling me what to think or feel. Instead of permitting me to share my feelings and allow the Holy Spirit to guide my steps.

Most would never guess this upon meeting me or reading my comments. Nor would they imagine my proficiency in numerous religions and the others I studied but never practiced. My wandering had a purpose and my simplicity enables me to reach people from different beliefs and backgrounds.

I was won through love and that’s my banner for others. God is able to work through the foibles and mistakes and the ones we make as well. While I’m like Paul and determine to know nothing beyond God and Christ. I realize the next may require something else and that’s okay.