Why I chose the Name Homeward Bound

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
I just replied to History Princess and her post Living in Fear. I wont rehash that, but I began to think about the Christian life we all lead.
I chose the name (on CC) Homeward Bound because I believe that our Christian life is a journey.
On this journey we have a guide to help us along the path. He is the Holy Spirit. When we pray, and read God's word, the Holy Spirit will enlighten us as we proceed on our path. During our travels with God, the Holy Spirit will speak and guide us. BUT we must learn to hear Him, AND TRUST that He is leading us on the right path home.
So please, if I call you Fellow Believer, or Fellow Traveller, I mean that with love and encouragement.
I call the men in my small group that, and the response is positive.
So as I go today, be encouraged, He is with you. Trust Him, Fellow Believer!

S

Stranger36147

Whenever I see your username, I always think of this movie. One of my favorite movies to watch as a child.

6dc357d5-914a-4440-a2b2-352a7b1ae2c4.jpg

Apr 8, 2019
Great advice we truly are on a life-long journey on a path with twists and turns and ups and downs. Luckily through God we can learn how not to stray from the path and keep true to His word. One day we will all make it home but until then lets all keep traveling. Thanks for this and God bless. :)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I just replied to History Princess and her post Living in Fear. I wont rehash that, but I began to think about the Christian life we all lead.
I chose the name (on CC) Homeward Bound because I believe that our Christian life is a journey.
On this journey we have a guide to help us along the path. He is the Holy Spirit. When we pray, and read God's word, the Holy Spirit will enlighten us as we proceed on our path. During our travels with God, the Holy Spirit will speak and guide us. BUT we must learn to hear Him, AND TRUST that He is leading us on the right path home.
So please, if I call you Fellow Believer, or Fellow Traveller, I mean that with love and encouragement.
I call the men in my small group that, and the response is positive.
So as I go today, be encouraged, He is with you. Trust Him, Fellow Believer!
Trust Him! Could there any more important words than those concerning the small part that we play in our own sanctification? I've come to realize (in my case, at least) that my growth as a Christian can never be separated from my growth in learning to trust God more and more fully. God is the One who is responsible for our sanctification, of course .. e.g. Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, but amazingly, He has us come alongside and participate in it with Him .. e.g. Philippians 2:12-13, which I am only capable of doing to the degree that I've learned to trust Him.

VERY encouraging post Fellow Believer. Thank you for that :)

~Deut

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
Part Two:
For this traveler, one of the most important parts of getting to know the Lord, and following Him is knowing God's word.
Bible study add to that a good Bible reading plan gives me the help I need to know whether I am on track or not.
Sometimes it gets easy to do what is right in our own eyes, rather than following His course.
I remind myself at times to remember Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Remember Fellow Believer, you were created on purpose for a purpose! Be encouraged.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Part Two:
For this traveler, one of the most important parts of getting to know the Lord, and following Him is knowing God's word.
Bible study add to that a good Bible reading plan gives me the help I need to know whether I am on track or not.
Sometimes it gets easy to do what is right in our own eyes, rather than following His course.
I remind myself at times to remember Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Remember Fellow Believer, you were created on purpose for a purpose! Be encouraged.
Great admonishment & encouragement, and post (y) Thanks Homewardbound. It's also amazing that God knew exactly who/what He was getting, but He still chose to save us anyway, yes :)

I agree with what you said about the importance of God's word in the life of a Christian, as well, and so does the Bible .. e.g. Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3, 2 Timothy 3:16-17. In fact, there is one of my favorite little passages from the same wonderful chapter in the Psalms that I believe is talking about memorizing/"treasuring" the word of God in our hearts (part of it, at least ;)).

Psalm 119:9,11
How can a young man keep His way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word. Thy word I have 'treasured' in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee.

~Deut

Deuteronomy 11
18 You shall impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
19 You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.
20 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,
21 so that your days and the days of your sons may be multiplied on the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens remain above the earth.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
Great admonishment & encouragement, and post (y) Thanks Homewardbound. It's also amazing that God knew exactly who/what He was getting, but He still chose to save us anyway, yes :)

I agree with what you said about the importance of God's word in the life of a Christian, as well, and so does the Bible .. e.g. Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3, 2 Timothy 3:16-17. In fact, there is one of my favorite little passages from the same wonderful chapter in the Psalms that I believe is talking about memorizing/"treasuring" the word of God in our hearts (part of it, at least ;)).

Psalm 119:9,11
How can a young man keep His way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word. Thy word I have 'treasured' in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee.

~Deut

Deuteronomy 11
18 You shall impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
19 You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.
20 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,
21 so that your days and the days of your sons may be multiplied on the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens remain above the earth.
Deuteronomy, you are a man on the same path as I!! I enjoy your posts, Fellow Traveller, I will be cherishing this reply the most (so far).