Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Why dont you just answer the question?.

So if you sin, you were never saved to begin with, is that what you mean?
Look....I despise deceivers, those that embellish or change what they say to accuse like you are doing.....do not address me again if you are going to continue lying and in deception embellishing everything that comes out of your mouth or what I write.....
Look....I despise deceivers, those that embellish or change what they say to accuse like you are doing.....do not address me again if you are going to continue lying and in deception embellishing everything that comes out of your mouth or what I write.....
Just answer the question instead of going around it.

If YOU sin, does that mean YOU were never saved to begin with?

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
A deciever is exactly what you are....you never said sinned, you said become a devil worshipper and the embellish what you said....your dishonesty and deception does not speak well to your supposed salvation
Answer the question?

Jan 12, 2019
The rest of the bible needs to be removed then. And taken to the library;). Put in the history section;)
I said FOR our learning, but not instructions written to us. Noah being commanded to build an ark, is it written TO you?

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
A deciever is exactly what you are....you never said sinned, you said become a devil worshipper and the embellish what you said....your dishonesty and deception does not speak well to your supposed salvation
A devil worshipper is a person who commits Idolatry. Your past scriptures say if we are faithless he remains faithful. Does this apply to the devil worshipper? Who got saved but then turned to idolatry. You say God is faithful, so why isnt he to this person?

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
I said FOR our learning, but not instructions written to us. Noah being commanded to build an ark, is it written TO you?
You obviously have different beliefs to me:)

2 Timothy 3:16-17New King James Version (NKJV)
16 (All) Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019

If you are correct, why does the bible say be a DOER OF THE WORD;)

16 (All) Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
James 1:22-25 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

Jan 12, 2019

But I am sure you agree no one is to build an ark now, despite the instruction given to Noah in Genesis correct?

So you are also recognizing that not all of the Bible are written TO us, even though they were written FOR us.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
A devil worshipper is a person who commits Idolatry. Your past scriptures say if we are faithless he remains faithful. Does this apply to the devil worshipper? Who got saved but then turned to idolatry. You say God is faithful, so why isnt he to this person?
Seems to take so long for a simple answer, the question wasnt that complicated.

If God is faithful why wasnt
But I am sure you agree no one is to build an ark now, despite the instruction given to Noah in Genesis correct?

So you are also recognizing that not all of the Bible are written TO us, even though they were written FOR us.
The new testament is relevant for todays Christian's. For training and instruction. But there are many good proverbs and psalms that also have a kind of instruction. Psalm 1 ::NIV. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

There are many examples, we can follow and apply to our relationship with God. We can use some books as examples of what we should do to help our relationships with God. Like this psalm can be used as an encouragment to avoid ungodly friendships and also to read our bible day and night. That's how I view it:)

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019

The new testament is relevant for todays Christian's. For training and instruction. But there are many good proverbs and psalms that also have a kind of instruction. Psalm 1 ::NIV. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

There are many examples, we can follow and apply to our relationship with God. We can use some books as examples of what we should do to help our relationships with God. Like this psalm can be used as an encouragment to avoid ungodly friendships and also to read our bible day and night. That's how I view it:)
I dont think I could build an arc that big:). But no where in the bible have I personally been asked to build an arc.

This story is more focused on Gods wrath on Sinners, how he hated sin so much that he sent a flood to destroy everyone who didnt want to know him (those who loved evil and hated good)

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
By the way devil worshipping is sin. It's just another "TYPE" of sin.

Dec 12, 2013
I know we disagree on much, but you can forget it...no honesty with this one...likes to embellish, change, twist what is said and falsely accuse based upon said twisting, embellishing and flat deception.....

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
I know we disagree on much, but you can forget it...no honesty with this one...likes to embellish, change, twist what is said and falsely accuse based upon said twisting, embellishing and flat deception.....
Instead of labeling people constantly why dont you actually say something productive? That could help another person's walk with God. Instead of always wanting to be right:( Everyone knows you think they are deceiving bible twisters. I guess only your view of the bible is the correct one isnt it? That's all you go on about constantly. Throwing labels towards people who dont agree with you:(

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
I dont think I could build an arc that big:). But no where in the bible have I personally been asked to build an arc.

This story is more focused on Gods wrath on Sinners, how he hated sin so much that he sent a flood to destroy everyone who didnt want to know him (those who loved evil and hated good)
Sorry the top of this message isn't supposed to be here. Not sure how to remove it.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Sorry I would like to rephrase this comment. I meant if the whole bible was just for "reading only" it would belong in the library as a history book. But there are many books that do apply to todays Christian's, for correction and instruction:)

Jan 12, 2019

So the difference is, you divide the word written to you starting from Matthew onwards until revelations. That is one way of dividing.

another way is to start at romans and end at Philemon. That is how I do it.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
So the difference is, you divide the word written to you starting from Matthew onwards until revelations. That is one way of dividing.

another way is to start at romans and end at Philemon. That is how I do it.
You mean from the start of the new testament to end of new testament, yes:).I read all books:)

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
2 peter 2
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Seem to me Peter believe that It is possible for a man escape from pollution of the world(save) and back to unsave

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
2 peter 2
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Seem to me Peter believe that It is possible for a man escape from pollution of the world(save) and back to unsave
Exactly right:)

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Si.

Matthew Ch 13 is what I was referring to.

This discussion in general I have my reservations about OSAS, and that may be true for some.

Phillipians 2:12 is kind of what my overall thought process is atm. People are going to disagree (to a small measure). Jesus has many attributes and it stands to reason that everyone's salvation and sanctification looks a little bit different. Some may have less grace than others for certain things, some a deeper revelation on one attribute than another. One person's story could be marked by the peace and an easy life of praise and thanksgiving and another person could have a brutally hard life and see the Lord's faithfulness in a way that another could not.

We are all unique. What we believe should line up with the word certainly though, I will say that scripture seeds deeper in me everyday and what I thought lined up 10 years ago I KNOW lines up now. Cool process :)
Sorry where in the bible does it say some people will have (less) grace than others?