Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

It does I was an example for you;)
You need to get of OSAS before you lose hope, because you might not be good enough, then people will say you were never saved to begin with. :(
People say what they want, and people on this forum have said this to me, I could care less.

I know I am saved and I know I cannot loose my salvation .... why you might ask........... because the sin problem was dealt with at the cross two thousand years ago and Jesus rose from the dead completely victorious, and I do not have to work for what was accomplished and given to me freely.

And you have yet to clearly delineate when salvation can be lost and how many times can we loose salvation?

I will be waiting!!

U

UnderGrace

I sensed the same... (y)

Indeed it does cause/provoke "confusion"
These group is something else, they all have the exact same narrative!!

I just knew from the start of the conversation, when you have been involved with this group you just know the playbook it never deviates and then can never reason independent from what they have been taught.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
People say what they want, and people on this forum have said this to me, I could care less.

I know I am saved and I know I cannot loose my salvation .... why you might ask........... because the sin problem was dealt with at the cross two thousand years ago and Jesus rose from the dead completely victorious, and I do not have to work for what was accomplished and given to me freely.

And you have yet to clearly delineate when salvation can be lost and how many times can we loose salvation?

I will be waiting!!
Let God decide. But we shouldn't test him with what we can get away with. Our focus shouldn't be how many sins does it take for God to punish me. It should be how many righteous things should I do to please the Lord.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
TheDivineWatermark said:
I sensed the same... (y)
Indeed it does cause/provoke "confusion"
Why are protecting John Calvin, he was a murderer who thought he was Christian. Why protect this Guy, if people dont agree with a murderer who burnt someone on green wood let them. This man wasnt a good man :(
You are mis-reading me (I am not Calvinist... and from what I recall, neither is "UnderGrace"), so that is not what I am saying.
I'm saying [OTHER] ppl use "Calvinism" (its flaws) to screw ppl's thinking away from the truth of eternal security in Christ.

[I am neither Calvinist nor Arminianist]

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I found peace and change this way. As i said i felt no security in my sins or OSAS whatever (it was a bunch of confusion to me, that contradicted itself. I was in despair with them:(
Nobody finds security in their sins.
Whether it be like your doctinal bent or the OSAS doctrinal bent.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019

I just knew from the start of the conversation, when you have been involved with this group you just know the playbook it never deviates and then can never reason independent from what they have been taught.
I am not part of a church I don't even live in your country. So I am independent of thought;)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

We (you and I) seem to be familiar with the same people. lol

U

UnderGrace

Let God decide. But we shouldn't test him with what we can get away with. Our focus shouldn't be how many sins does it take for God to punish me. It should be how many righteous things should I do to please the Lord.
So no answer then, so you live the rest of your days not really sure if you have measured up.

Please go back and read the true Gospel I gave to you, otherwise your striving will never cease, I have see people in this group get to point where they do not leave their house for fear they will sin.

Very sad indeed!!!

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
You are mis-reading me (I am not Calvinist... and from what I recall, neither is "UnderGrace"), so that is not what I am saying.
I'm saying ppl use "Calvinism" (its flaws) to screw ppl's thinking away from the truth of eternal security in Christ.

[I am neither Calvinist nor Arminianist]
Neither I am I just read the bible;)

U

UnderGrace

I am not part of a church I don't even live in your country. So I am independent of thought;)
Sure like I said, I know this website (group) and its little tentacles across North America... I did not know it had reached Australia... so sad.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
So no answer then, so you live the rest of your days not really sure if you have measured up.

Please go back and read the true Gospel I gave to you, otherwise your striving will never cease, I have see people in this group get to point where they do not leave their house for fear they will sin.

Very sad indeed!!!
Really thats great;). They truly want to serve God and resist sin. You obviously haven't had a severe sin problem like me. One thought leads to another. Sometimes staying in your house when you are tempted to sin, is the best idea or you will make bad choices. Especially if your feeling depressed.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Circular reasoning here.

Think about it.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Sure like I said, I know this website (group) and its little tentacles across North America... I did not know it had reached Australia... so sad.
That's great at least they care enough to tell people about God. I dont see many people doing it. And then being made fun of a well. I have felt this. So I commend them for their bravery, which comes through Jesus.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Neither I am I just read the bible;)
...oh, and dial into "Dan and Sheral" too (...whoever that is... that you said "thank you" to, in a previous post, who led you into what you now believe, according to what you'd put)

Thank you Dan and Sheral Corner for showing me the truth, that changed my life and the lives of others;)

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
...oh, and dial into "Dan and Sheral" too (whoever that is... that you said "thank you" to, in a previous post, who led you into what you now believe, according to what you'd put)
Sorry were you agreeing with my last message? Not sure if my messages go the right people.

U

UnderGrace

We (you and I) seem to be familiar with the same people. lol
Mr Watermark, a group I wish I had never met........... to this day I still deal with the results their false teachings.... and I was a seasoned believer already, yet somehow their austere lifestyle in contrast to the modern day excesses was intriguing to me.

I tried to correct their false teachings but they would not be persuaded.... finally someone gave me the wake up call that I needed to hear (sadly I am too hopeful) that I should not give time to such false teachers and so I gave up and stopped communication.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017

If the number of sins isnt listed in the bible I won't make up my own opinion.
Your point being

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
...oh, and dial into "Dan and Sheral" too (whoever that is... that you said "thank you" to, in a previous post, who led you into what you now believe, according to what you'd put)
Yes showing me the real gospel instead of one from John Calvin. Only Jesus saved but their site led me to the truth that OSAS isnt biblically corrects. Anyway it never did any good in my life apart from make me feel condemned.