Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
No, that's not what I said.

Guojing, do you believe Yeshua/Jesus is Lord of both the living and the dead?
Its okay, I will take a break from showing how circular some of the arguments, about salvation will always be by faith alone apart from works, are.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
So believers will automatically be able to reject the mark? They won't have a choice to accept it, and even if they want to do it, something inside them will override that decision?
Guojing, do you believe God loves you? Love is a choice. God has chosen to love you and all of us. Isn't God amazing?!

Our love for God means we choose God, not the mark. God's love for us means He chooses us, to save us, not to destroy us. But, God wants us to love Him, too. Love wants to love and be loved. God desires your love for Him.

Do you love God?

Jan 12, 2019
I have a question for preston39, nat2019, Guojing, FollowHisSteps, and maybe chester, and whoever else I forgot to list ...

You seem strongly attached to your doctrine, my question is, were you ever tempted to stray from your own doctrine even once, if so, what caused you to question your own doctrine and did you consider it as a possible weakness to the doctrine you believe?
If you can explain what my doctrine is, it will answer your own question.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I don't recall anyone saying that God is "a fluffy, safe, everything is okay, no matter what we do or say or believe because we have this ticket." :unsure:

Possibly, you do not understand His love for us.........
Let me paint it more clearly.
The Father is a God with no compromise. Break His holiness, you are dead.

The Lord is so different and protected, and our rebellion so deep, He desires to blast sinners apart.
Moses and Aaron needed to intercede and restrain Him.

Jesus provides a way of acceptance to this unbelievably dangerous King through love.
So because Jesus has done the impossible, opened the door, some want to make everything into
we need to do nothing, we are just bundled into heaven asis, without transformation.

It is odd to me, Peter the greatest apostle almost fell not to recover. Even here he found it hard
to realise God and love accepted gentiles, brought them into the people of God and love changed
them. Yet to take Peters words, his authority and repeat it is to be called evil, deceived, a perfectionist,
a deceiver. And why? Because ticket preachers feel challenged their ticket might be worthless and
they have never known the King. God bless you.

After 40 years of knowing the walk, it is hard to think I do not understand His love. I live His love,
it flows from me, even when I might think otherwise, it is in my thoughts at night, every where I
go and all I speak. May you know His love and His life flowing from you day in, day out.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Let me paint it more clearly.
The Father is a God with no compromise. Break His holiness, you are dead.

The Lord is so different and protected, and our rebellion so deep, He desires to blast sinners apart.
Moses and Aaron needed to intercede and restrain Him.

Jesus provides a way of acceptance to this unbelievably dangerous King through love.
So because Jesus has done the impossible, opened the door, some want to make everything into
we need to do nothing, we are just bundled into heaven asis, without transformation.

It is odd to me, Peter the greatest apostle almost fell not to recover. Even here he found it hard
to realise God and love accepted gentiles, brought them into the people of God and love changed
them. Yet to take Peters words, his authority and repeat it is to be called evil, deceived, a perfectionist,
a deceiver. And why? Because ticket preachers feel challenged their ticket might be worthless and
they have never known the King. God bless you.

After 40 years of knowing the walk, it is hard to think I do not understand His love. I live His love,
it flows from me, even when I might think otherwise, it is in my thoughts at night, every where I
go and all I speak. May you know His love and His life flowing from you day in, day out.
Didn't the Father send Yeshua/Jesus to us? Isn't it the Father that has tender loving mercy towards us?

Dec 12, 2013
That's my story and song too, the blessed assured hope of salvation.
The Hope presented by the bible....a confident expectation of something GUARANTEED.....not something that can be lost or forfeit!!!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Didn't the Father send Yeshua/Jesus to us? Isn't it the Father that has tender loving mercy towards us?
Jesus intercedes for us, He is the one who bring grace and forgiveness to our hearts.
The Father is unbelievably Holy and unapproachable. Without Jesus we would not
be able to have hope.

Jesus is the Fathers heart to us, who opened the door, but we are His children, transformed
and remade in the image of Jesus.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay, look everyone.

We can go round and round on the hamster wheel of theology and go nowhere.....just saying.

I prefer to go straight to the heart of man, not his head.

Do you believe God loves you? Do you know God desires you to know Him and to love Him?

Are you there yet? Do you know Him and love Him? Have you encountered His love for you?

U

UnderGrace

Okay, look everyone.

We can go round and round on the hamster wheel of theology and go nowhere.....just saying.

I prefer to go straight to the heart of man :), not his head.

Do you believe God loves you? Do you know God desires you to know Him and to love Him?

Are you there yet? Do you know Him and love Him?

In ancient times they did not separate heart and head they way we do, they just called it the heart and it was the seat of man so to speak, it included the mental processes, emotions and will.

So this is why we often state the "heart of man" because it included everything.:)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay, look everyone.

Are you there yet? Do you know Him and love Him? Have you encountered His love for you?
In ancient times they did not separate heart and head they way we do, they just called it the heart and it was the seat of man so to speak, it included the mental processes, emotions and will.

So this is why we often state the "heart of man" because it included everything.:)
Thank you for your theology insight, UnderGrace. :love:(y)

Care to answer any of the questions in my post? :unsure::love:

Jan 12, 2019
whatever your doctrine may be, do you believe that salvation can be lost or forfeited?
Not during the church age, but its very possible during the Tribulation by taking the mark of the beast, as everyone here also agrees.

The only disagreement is whether rejecting the mark of the beast is considered a work, or faith. If you view it as faith, then its a circular argument to me.

U

UnderGrace

Thank you for your theology insight, UnderGrace. :love:(y)

Care to answer any of the questions in my post? :unsure::love:
Yeah sorry that just caught my eye, I just love trying to view the world through the actual writers of the scripture, so different than how we think today.

I would answer YES, YES, YES, YES and YES!!

Easy Peasy :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay, look everyone.

Not during the church age, but its very possible during the Tribulation by taking the mark of the beast, as everyone here also agrees.

The only disagreement is whether rejecting the mark of the beast is considered a work, or faith. If you view it as faith, then its a circular argument to me.
Guojing, do you want to stay on the hamster wheel of theology?

Can you share with us your answers to any of the questions I asked?

U

UnderGrace

Guojing, do you want to stay on the hamster wheel of theology?

Can you share with us your answers to any of the questions I asked?
Umm, how does that get me off the hamster wheel?

Jul 17, 2019

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, (Col 2:8 KJV)

Jan 12, 2019
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, (Col 2:8 KJV)
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.