Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Guojing, do you want to stay on the hamster wheel of theology?

Can you share with us your answers to any of the questions I asked?
You know....one day soon you will have to make a stand on the truth or fold.......the bible does not teach or promote appeasement and or chunking theological truth in favor of getting along......

U

UnderGrace

New horizons......God's Love takes you places you've never been before! His Love is NOT a hamster wheel, although it is constant..................
But disputes are because of false teachings and it is because of the love of God that we contend for the faith.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
You know....one day soon you will have to make a stand on the truth or fold.......the bible does not teach or promote appeasement and or chunking theological truth in favor of getting along......
dc, isn't God's Love for us Truth? Everything that Yeshus/Jesus did for us was Truth and Love.

If theological truth stands in the way of God's Love for us as Truth, shouldn't we get off the hamster wheel?

U

UnderGrace

New horizons......God's Love takes you places you've never been before! His Love is NOT a hamster wheel, although it is constant..................
Love is defined best by the apostle Paul in 1 Cor 13:4-13

Dec 12, 2013
not that I disagree with you or anything,
to clarify, what does Matthew 5:9 mean to you when it says "blessed are the peacemaker"?
There is a big difference in being a peace maker and pushing appeasement for the sake of religious unity..........people fail to understand the absolute truth that there are numerous diameterically opposing views and gospels on this site.....vast religious differences and too be frank there is a war on this site between truth and lies....that which is biblical and that which is as false as can be....one of the biggest errors is to believe that just because SOMEONE claims Christ that they are of GOD and biblical....two cannot walk together u less agreed.....

A peace maker cannot make peace between truth and lies or true and false......the sword of the truth DIVIDES and cuts ASUNDER......AND that was the point I was making.....the wheat WILL be seperated from the chaff and the end is near....by compromising the truth through appeasement the truth LOSES every time....!!!

Dec 12, 2013
dc, isn't God's Love for us Truth? Everything that Yeshus/Jesus did for us was Truth and Love.

If theological truth stands in the way of God's Love for us as Truth, shouldn't we get off the hamster wheel?
Theological truth IS WHAT BRINGS THE LOVE of God and I cannot believe that just came off of your keyboard!!!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Love is defined best by the apostle Paul in 1 Cor 13:4-13
Yes, I agree. Share with us how you understand this chapter of love........:love:

1 Corinthians 13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Theological truth IS WHAT BRINGS THE LOVE of God and I cannot believe that just came off of your keyboard!!!
Oh, dc, I think you have a chain to your hamster wheel. I love you dearly, your soul is very precious to me. :love:

No, Yeshua/Jesus brings the Love of God to us, NOT theological truth.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
John 15:
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you[b] will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Its about fruit bearing, You can not ignore context.

Paul explains in 1 cor 12 what fire they are cast into. The fires of testing. If ones work endures he will recieve reward (for producing fruit) if ones work is burnt, he suffers loss. BUT HE HIMSELF IS SAVED EVEN AS THOUGH THROUGH FIRE.
Fire in this verse is not for testing like in corinthians It not 1 cor 12 but 1 cor 3

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Fire in cor test your fruit, or your work burn or not. Gold not burn oN fire.

Fire in John burn the branch, the branch is us. And Jesus say I am the vine you are the branch

Branch is you not your work.

In 1 cor your work Being burn

In John 15 you the branch Being cast to fire If not bear fruit.

To say John 15 burn your work is out of contact and accuse Jesus lie

This is what Jesus say

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Is Jesus say the branch is your work? Or He say the branch is you.

He say he that abide in Me, and I in him the same bring th forth much fruit

The fruit of Holy Spirit is love

Is that possible a man abide in Him but No love? I do not know, but according to Jesus in this verse, If a man abide in Him Will produce fruit or love.

I believe He never Lie

If you read according Tom the context

Fire in cor is a tester for your work , not hell

Fire in John is hell

Dec 12, 2013
Oh, dc, I think you have a chain to your hamster wheel. I love you dearly, your soul is very precious to me. :love:

Sorry that is incorrect and you are wrong.....there is NO LOVE void of theological truth...and do me a favor...never again place a heart on something you disagree with....I need no appeasement at the sake of the truth

For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

U

UnderGrace

Authentic love “rejoices with the truth” (1 Cor 13:6). Love without truth has no character. Truth without love has no power.
J I Packer

Dec 12, 2013
This modern Kum Ba Yah attitude and let's just all love each other is not of God......We exercise the Love of God through the truth and the truth cuts, divides asunder, separates and ONLY UNITES WHEN BOTH PARTIES place themselves UNDER it's banner...........one of the biggest detriments to the Lord's churches in our age IMV......

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Sorry that is incorrect and you are wrong.....there is NO LOVE void of theological truth...and do me a favor...never again place a heart on something you disagree with....I need no appeasement at the sake of the truth

For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
Is God's Love for you "appeasement"?