Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
This modern Kum Ba Yah attitude and let's just all love each other is not of God......We exercise the Love of God through the truth and the truth cuts, divides asunder, separates and ONLY UNITES WHEN BOTH PARTIES place themselves UNDER it's banner...........one of the biggest detriments to the Lord's churches in our age IMV......
dc, it's not about "let's all love each other," it's about knowing and loving God, NOT theological man interpretation of who God is. It's God telling us and showing us who He is by His Holy Spirit, not the wisdom and intellect of man.

Let God be God and every man a liar.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Guojing said:
Not during the church age, but its very possible during the Tribulation by taking the mark of the beast, as everyone here also agrees.

The only disagreement is whether rejecting the mark of the beast is considered a work, or faith. If you view it as faith, then its a circular argument to me.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, (Col 2:8 KJV)
Okay, so the Spirit used Paul's pen to say this ^ to [/for/about] "the Church which is His body" (specifically)...

CH Mackintosh once wrote:

"...and yet not a syllable about the real position of the Church--its calling, its standing, its hopes, its privileges!

"And not a word about Israel's future! A complete ignoring, or at best a thorough alienation, of the promises made to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David! The whole body of prophetic teaching subjected to a system of spiritualizing, falsely so called, whereby Israel is robbed of its proper portion, and […]" (etc)...

[quoting ^ only the part I'm endeavoring to cover]

So, some say that once the Holy Spirit is no longer "restraining [at present]" (coupled with [His permanent sealing and indwelling of] "the Church which is His body")... that at the time of our Rapture/Departure (meaning, the time period which will unfold upon the earth following our Rapture) the "sealing" ministry of the Holy Spirit will not be in operation, though certainly He will be involved in their coming to Christ (during that time period leading up to Christ's Second Coming to the earth); IOW, a unique role pertaining to "the Church which is His body" (up to the point in time of our Corporate Rapture). Am I making sense? If I am, do you believe this is what Scripture reveals (for the time period following our Rapture, that will unfold upon the earth for those who come to faith THEN)?

[IOW, "correctly apportioning" the word of Truth]

Dec 12, 2013
dc, it's not about "let's all love each other," it's about knowing and loving God, NOT theological man interpretation of who God is. It's God telling us and showing us who He is by His Holy Spirit, not the wisdom and intellect of man.

That would be let God be true and every man a liar.......and the sense I got from your hamster wheel quote was....let's just love each other instead of disputing TRUTH with that which is false....

Jan 12, 2019
Okay, so the Spirit used Paul's pen to say this ^ to [/for/about] "the Church which is His body" (specifically)...

CH Mackintosh once wrote:

"...and yet not a syllable about the real position of the Church--its calling, its standing, its hopes, its privileges!

"And not a word about Israel's future! A complete ignoring, or at best a thorough alienation, of the promises made to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David! The whole body of prophetic teaching subjected to a system of spiritualizing, falsely so called, whereby Israel is robbed of its proper portion, and […]" (etc)... [quoting only the part I'm endeavoring to cover]

So, some say that once the Holy Spirit is no longer "restraining [at present]" (coupled with [His permanent sealing and indwelling of] "the Church which is His body")... that at the time of our Rapture/Departure (meaning, the time period which will unfold upon the earth following our Rapture) the "sealing" ministry of the Holy Spirit will not be in operation, though certainly He will be involved in their coming to Christ (during that time period leading up to Christ's Second Coming to the earth); IOW, a unique role pertaining to "the Church which is His body" (up to the point in time of our Corporate Rapture). Am I making sense? If I am, do you believe this is what Scripture reveals (for the time period following our Rapture, that will unfold upon the earth for those who come to faith THEN)?

[IOW, "correctly apportioning" the word of God]
You seem to believe in a pre-trib rapture of the Church, which is what I also believe in. So yes, technically the church will not exist during the Tribulation period. That means all of us are saved from having to make that choice.

But those remaining Gentiles who did not believe during the church age, as well as the Jewish nation who rejected Jesus, will find that it is way harder to be saved during the Tribulation, than during the grace dispensation. It will no longer be by faith alone apart from works, as the NT books from Hebrews to Revelations explained many times.

U

UnderGrace

"Come let us reason together"
Isaiah 1 :18

God places a high value on wisdom and intellect that is why we have them, He could have just created cats and dogs otherwise and left it at that!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
That would be let God be true and every man a liar.......and the sense I got from your hamster wheel quote was....let's just love each other instead of disputing TRUTH with that which is false....
When Yeshua/Jesus walked the Earth, He disputed with the religious leaders over theological truth. They had misconstrued the scriptures with their intellect. They had NO love for God, not true knowledge of Him.

God wants us to KNOW Him and to LOVE Him. He greatly desires us!

You are EXTREMELY precious to God and so is Guojing. Don't let theological man made truth separate you from speaking life to his soul.

What does LOVE look like "coming out of the trenches"? Destroy the lies but, save the souls.

Love is the high ground. Take it!

Jan 12, 2019
When Yeshua/Jesus walked the Earth, He disputed with the religious leaders over theological truth. They had misconstrued the scriptures with their intellect. They had NO love for God, not true knowledge of Him.

You are EXTREMELY precious to God and so is Guojing. Don't let theological man made truth separate you from speaking life to his soul.

What does LOVE look like "coming out of the trenches"? Destroy the lies but, save the souls.

Actually I would rather all of us be humble and respect other people's beliefs, no matter how different they are from us. Its pure arrogance to claim that "Because you believe in different things, and I know I am RIGHT, therefore you must be WRONG", and then spent so much time trying to browbeat the other fellow.

Show respect by trying to understand what makes the other person came to his belief. State your own argument politely and if cannot reconcile, just agree to disagree.

People rarely change their minds during online debates because our views are formed over many years of reflection and learning. Surely you cannot expect them to change their views just because you, an unknown stranger to them, say otherwise? :)

U

UnderGrace

Don't let theological man made truth separate
If its truth it is not "man made" we are told, some would state commanded, to guard the truth!

1 Timothy 6:20-21.
20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge;
21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
"Come let us reason together"
Isaiah 1 :18

God places a high value on wisdom and intellect that is why we have them, He could have just created cats and dogs otherwise and left it at that!
Yes, let us reason together....

Doesn't God call the wisdom of man foolishness?

God deeply desires a relationship with you, UnderGrace. He wants you to know Him and to love Him. He wants to teach you His Ways with His Word and His Holy Spirit.

As believers, we do not desire the wisdom and intellect of man. We desire the wisdom and intellect of God, our Father. We want to know His Ways according to His instruction, NOT mans.

U

UnderGrace

Actually I would rather all of us be humble and respect other people's beliefs, no matter how different they are from us. Its pure arrogance to claim that "Because you believe in different things, and I know I am RIGHT, therefore you must be WRONG", and then spent so much time trying to browbeat the other fellow.

Show respect by trying to understand what makes the other person came to his belief. State your own argument politely and if cannot reconcile, just agree to disagree.

People rarely change their minds during online debates because our views are formed over many years of reflection and learning. Surely you cannot expect them to change their views just because you, an unknown stranger to them, say otherwise? :)
I praise God for the people who pulled me out of error!

Dec 12, 2013

TRUTH.....that is what is needed...he does not have the truth and EVERY writer opposed, stood against and corrected error....that is what we are called to do......I am sorry that you cannot grasp that simple truth.....I agree with truth when it is presented and diameterically oppose and stand against that which is false.......a gospel that peddles a losable salvation or one maintained by man is false....tooth and nail I will oppose it......I will not overlook it and embrace the one peddling it for the sake of love and or unity....ever!

U

UnderGrace

Yes, let us reason together....

Doesn't God call the wisdom of man foolishness?

God deeply desires a relationship with you, UnderGrace. He wants you to know Him and to love Him. He wants to teach you His Ways with His Word and His Holy Spirit.

As believers, we do not desire the wisdom and intellect of man. We desire the wisdom and intellect of God, our Father. We want to know His Ways according to His instruction, NOT mans.
Are you insinuating I do not have a relationship with God.... as in "not saved", not "born again"..... now that will definitely bring me to laughter!!

Context never should the church put aside wisdom and intellect that is complete folly

And explains the ineffectual church we see today,

They cannot even enter into the arena of public discourse anymore and have been relegated to a place of no influence or power to be the salt and light in this world.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
TRUTH.....that is what is needed...he does not have the truth and EVERY writer opposed, stood against and corrected error....that is what we are called to do......I am sorry that you cannot grasp that simple truth.....I agree with truth when it is presented and diameterically oppose and stand against that which is false.......a gospel that peddles a losable salvation or one maintained by man is false....tooth and nail I will oppose it......I will not overlook it and embrace the one peddling it for the sake of love and or unity....ever!
TRUTH.....I agree, that is what is needed......God loves us and wants a relationship with all of us, everyone.

Here's something to ponder when contending for the Truth.....how did God deliver Saul from the Law of Works to Paul the preacher of the Law of Grace?

Out of the mouth of Stephen, at Stephen's stoning, Saul/Paul heard the whole TRUTH of Yeshua/Jesus - the Gospel. Stephen even spoke the Truth in Love, asking God to not lay the sin of murder on them.

Did it change Saul to Paul? No.

There are times, only Yeshua/Jesus can open the blind eyes and the deaf ears. When Paul's eyes, hears, and heart were open and received the Truth..........WOW!!! :love:(y)

U

UnderGrace

TRUTH.....I agree, that is what is needed......God loves us and wants a relationship with all of us, everyone.

Here's something to ponder when contending for the Truth.....how did God deliver Saul from the Law of Works to Paul the preacher of the Law of Grace?

Out of the mouth of Stephen, at Stephen's stoning, Saul/Paul heard the whole TRUTH of Yeshua/Jesus - the Gospel. Stephen even spoke the Truth in Love, asking God to not lay the sin of murder on them.

There are times, only Yeshua/Jesus can open the blind eyes and the deaf ears. When Paul's eyes, hears, and heart were open and received the Truth..........WOW!!! :love:(y)
So what are @dcontroversal myself, and whoever else lacking, are we blind?

Be honest now, what exactly are we missing that you have that we do not?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

Stephen show the fruit. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love. Mean Stephen abide in Him.

The truth is all the law in the bible

All the law in the bible is love

So Yes I agree love is the truth

Matt 22
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
There is no way, you can lose the date.....

Take pride out of the equation and see what's left....... is there a hunger in your soul to know and love God? Is there sorrow over sin?
So I am still your sister according to OSAS teachings.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
You are not saved until you pass muster at judgement time. While on this earth we are born again.
I doubt G-d appreciates His authority being relegated to a 2nd position.
Matthew 24:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 but the one who stands firm to the end (will) be saved.

*Only the one who stands (firm to the end) will be saved. So here is a condition.
Titus 3:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 so that, having been justified by his grace,we might become heirs having the (hope) of eternal life.

*having the HOPE of eternal life.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
I did not say it was. I only quoted scripture to add to what was already posted above mine. I added no words of my own. Argue much?
Loss of rewards "another OSAS teaching"

Not based on scripture.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Those that take the mark of the beast are not saved.

Revelation 14:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.