Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Solomin turned away from God

1 Kings 11 :: NIV. King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh's daughter--Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites. ... The LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Solomon married pagan wives and worshipped false Gods. He turned away from God to idolatry.

If you go and worship satan now are you still saved?
A born again child of Go
It's great when a person c

Where did it say Solomon repented directly with no interpretation?. None of your own words please. Thanks. Only a scripture?
Only God knows , but Solomon did realise that life without God is nothing , and through his writings towards the end of his life he knew he had disobeyed God , yet his heart was towards God in the end , does God not look at the heart ?...xox...

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
A born again child of Go

Only God knows , but Solomon did realise that life without God is nothing , and through his writings towards the end of his life he knew he had disobeyed God , yet his heart was towards God in the end , does God not look at the heart ?...xox...
Please give me a scripture?

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
If people want to discuss the bible please provide scriptures. Thanks:)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
With all this, what you actually mean is that yes, good deeds must be performed for salvation and that people must practice righteousness?! I agree.
Not must or else perform good deeds for salvation or must or else practice righteousness but WILL if we are truly born of God. Everything with you is "must or else" because you teach salvation by works. 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. If your motivation for performing good deeds is to obtain salvation, then you have the wrong motivation and the wrong kind of faith.

But you seem to moving back and forth trying to converge two different things to mean faith alone- it wont work.
Faith is accounted for righteousness/God imputes righteousness apart from works/Saved through faith, not works (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9). Faith in Christ alone for salvation works just fine and is the truth. You continue to try and "shoe horn" works "into" salvation through faith - it won't work.

Quoting one of the verses you posted to support faith alone:

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Notice that the apostle Paul said saved through faith "apart from additions or modifications" and NOT saved through faith and works. So its faith (rightly understood) IN CHRIST ALONE. Created in Christ Jesus UNTO/FOR good works follows having been saved through faith.

The good works in Christ are counted as faith.
False. Good works are the fruit of faith and not the essence of faith. It would appear that you basically "define" faith "as" works. This seems to be the very heart of your error which has resulted in perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by works. Roman Catholics promote this same error.

Doing means doing, not sitting there and trusting or believing in Christ.
Believing in/having faith in/trusting in Christ for salvation results in salvation. (John 3:18; Acts 16:31; Romans 3:24-28 etc..) Doing afterwards is works and we are not saved by works but FOR good works. (Ephesians 2:8-10) Believers are doing and not sitting BECAUSE they are saved and not in order to become saved. You have it backwards.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
SOLOMON ABANDONED GOD, and worshipped other Gods.
I will do this because he has abandoned me and worshiped Astarte (the goddess of the Sidonians), Chemosh (the god of Moab), and Milcom (the god of Ammon). He has not followed my ways. He did not do what I consider right or keep my laws and decrees as his father David did

1 Kings 11
Solomon’s Idolatry
11 King Solomon loved many foreign women in addition to Pharaoh’s daughter. He loved Hittite women and women from Moab, Ammon, Edom, and Sidon. 2 They came from the nations about which the Lord had said to the people of Israel, “Never intermarry with them. They will surely tempt you to follow their gods.” But Solomon was obsessed with their love. 3 He had 700 wives who were princesses and 300 wives who were concubines. [a] 4 In his old age, his wives tempted him to follow other gods. He was no longer committed to the Lord his God as his father David had been. 5 Solomon followed Astarte (the goddess of the Sidonians) and Milcom (the disgusting idol of the Ammonites). 6 So Solomon did what the Lord considered evil. He did not wholeheartedly follow the Lord as his father David had done. 7 Then Solomon built an illegal worship site on the hill east of Jerusalem for Chemosh (the disgusting idol of Moab) and for Molech (the disgusting idol of the Ammonites). 8 He did these things for each of his foreign wives who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

God Pronounces Judgment on Solomon
9 So the Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 God had given him commands about this. He told him not to follow other gods. But Solomon did not obey God’s command. 11 The Lord told Solomon, “Because this is your attitude and you have no respect for my promises or my laws that I commanded you to keep, I will certainly tear the kingdom away from you. I will give it to one of your servants. 12 But I will not do it in your lifetime because of your father David. I will tear it away from the hands of your son. 13 However, I will not tear the whole kingdom away from you. I will give your son one tribe for my servant David’s sake and for the sake of Jerusalem, the city that I chose.”

Rebellions against Solomon
14 The Lord raised up Hadad the Edomite as a rival to Solomon. Hadad was from the Edomite royal family. 15 When David had conquered Edom, Joab, the commander of the army, went to bury those killed in battle and killed every male in Edom. 16 (Joab and all Israel stayed there six months until they had destroyed every male in Edom.) 17 Hadad was a young boy at the time. He and some of his father’s Edomite servants fled to Egypt. 18 They left Midian and went to Paran. Taking some men from Paran with them, they went to Pharaoh (the king of Egypt). Pharaoh gave Hadad a home, a food allowance, and land.

19 Pharaoh approved of Hadad. So he gave Hadad his sister-in-law, the sister of Queen Tahpenes, to be Hadad’s wife. 20 Tahpenes’ sister had a son named Genubath. Tahpenes presented the boy to Pharaoh in the palace, and Genubath lived in the palace among Pharaoh’s children.

21 When Hadad heard in Egypt that David had lain down in death with his ancestors and that Joab, the commander of the army, had died, he said to Pharaoh, “Let me go to my own country.”

22 Pharaoh asked him, “What don’t you have here that makes you eager to go home?”

“Nothing,” he said. “But let me leave anyway.”

23 God also raised up Rezon, son of Eliada, as a rival to Solomon. Rezon fled from his master, King Hadadezer of Zobah, 24 after David killed the men of Zobah. Rezon gathered men and became the leader of a troop of warriors. They went to Damascus, settled there, and ruled a kingdom in Damascus. 25 In addition to the trouble that Hadad caused, Rezon was Israel’s rival as long as Solomon lived. He ruled Aram and despised Israel.

26 There was also Jeroboam, who was the son of Nebat and an Ephrathite from Zeredah. His mother Zeruah was a widow. He was one of Solomon’s officers, but he rebelled against the king.

27 This was the situation when he rebelled against the king: Solomon was building the Millo[c] and repairing a break in the wall of the City of David. 28 Solomon saw that Jeroboam was a very able and hardworking man. So he put Jeroboam in charge of all forced labor from the tribes of Joseph.

29 At that time Jeroboam left Jerusalem. The prophet Ahijah from Shiloh met him on the road. The two of them were alone in the open country, and Ahijah had on new clothes. 30 Ahijah took his new garment and tore it into 12 pieces.

31 He told Jeroboam, “Take 10 pieces because this is what the Lord God of Israel says: I am going to tear the kingdom out of Solomon’s hands and give ten tribes to you. 32 He will have one tribe left because of my servant David and Jerusalem, the city I have chosen from all the tribes of Israel. 33 I will do this because he has abandoned me and worshiped Astarte (the goddess of the Sidonians), Chemosh (the god of Moab), and Milcom (the god of Ammon). He has not followed my ways. He did not do what I consider right or keep my laws and decrees as his father David did.

34 “I will not take the whole kingdom from him. Instead, I will allow him to be ruler as long as he lives because of my servant David whom I chose, who obeyed my commands and laws. 35 But I will take the kingdom away from his son and give you ten tribes. 36 I will give his son one tribe so that my servant David will always have a lamp in my presence in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to place my name.

37 “I will choose you so that you can rule everything you desire. You will be king of Israel. 38 If you will do all I command you, follow my ways, and do what I consider right by obeying my laws and commands as my servant David did, then I will be with you. I will build a permanent dynasty for you as I did for David. And I will give you Israel. 39 I will make David’s descendants suffer for this, but not always.”

40 Then Solomon tried to kill Jeroboam, but Jeroboam fled to King Shishak of Egypt. He stayed in Egypt until Solomon died.

Solomon’s Death
41 Aren’t the rest of Solomon’s acts—everything he did—and his wisdom written in the records of Solomon? 42 The length of Solomon’s reign in Jerusalem over all Israel was 40 years. 43 Solomon lay down in death with his ancestors and was buried in the City of David. His son Rehoboam succeeded him as king

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
6 So Solomon did what the Lord considered evil. He did not wholeheartedly follow the Lord as his father David had done. 7 Then Solomon built an illegal worship site on the hill east of Jerusalem for Chemosh (the disgusting idol of Moab) and for Molech (the disgusting idol of the Ammonites). 8 He did these things for each of his foreign wives who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Judas was Chosen but betrayed Jesus-

John 6:70
Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil

David's Son Solomon was chosen by God but betrayed God by idolatry.

1 Chronicles 28:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 He said to me: ‘Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.

OSAS believers say Judas "Wasnt saved to begin with", but Solomon was saved while he abandoned God to Idolatry.

Both people are Chosen in these passages. One actually followed Jesus and the other was a king, David's own Son.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Judas was Chosen but betrayed Jesus- John 6:70
Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil.
Do you believe that Judas Iscariot was saved and lost his salvation? :unsure:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Well he was chosen wasnt he?
So "chosen" means saved according to you? So why was Judas chosen? John 13:18 - I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; BUT that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.’

Judas was an unbelieving, unclean devil who betrayed Jesus. (John 6:64-71; 13:10-11) Does that sound like saved to you?

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
We can depart from the faith, this scripture shouldn't just be deleted from the bible.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Well he was chosen wasnt he?
Mark 3 -

13 And He goes up on the mountain and calls near those whom He Himself wanted, and they went to Him. 14 And He appointed twelve ones, and He called them apostles, that they might be with [G3326 - meta - accompany] Him, and that He might send them to preach, 15 and to have authority to cast out demons.

16 And He appointed the Twelve; and to Simon He added the name Peter; 17 and James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, and He added to them the name Boanerges, which is, Sons of Thunder; 18 and Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot, 19 and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.

"Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And one of you is a devil!"" John 6:70

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
So "chosen" means saved according to you? So why was Judas chosen? John 13:18 - I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; BUT that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.’

Judas was an unbelieving, unclean devil who betrayed Jesus. (John 6:64-71; 13:10-11) Does that sound like saved to you?
Does this sound saved to you? Judas was one of the 12.

Matthew 10:5-8 New International Version (NIV)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Does this sound saved to you? Judas was one of the 12.

Matthew 10:5-8 New International Version (NIV)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
1 Corinthians 12:28 New International Version (NIV)
28 And God has placed in the church first of all (apostles), second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.