S
Seeking-Christ
Guest
Sadness is an emotion that I feel an awful lot. It's triggered by many different things in my life. The way people behave to me, and sometimes the way they behave to each other. Loneliness is a trigger. Sexual desire is a trigger. When I'm listening to the scriptures, or a Christian based podcast and not able to have fellowship and talk about it with another Christian in real life. Is a trigger. Having trouble with my prayer life. Is a trigger. When I get frustrated with my computer or computers. Is a trigger. When things in my model airplane hobby doesn't go well. Can be a trigger. Old memories from my School days, often trigger me. I don't know why sadness has become such a strong emotion in my life. But if you have ever wondered how come I write so many sad things. It's just me being honest to how I feel. How I feel inspires me to write.
There seems to be two different kinds of belief systems.
Logical belief and Emotional belief.
Sometimes my logical belief goes in one direction, and my emotional belief goes in another direction.
When I'm listening to the Bible, logically I believe. But those logical beliefs don't always, permanently effect my emotional belief. What is so weird is, if something bothering me emotionally. The words of scripture doesn't necessarily block it out. I think one of the reasons why it doesn't block it out. Is because if you look at how many "positive" Christians do things with scripture. They seem to take the scriptures out of context, and post all the positive ones, and never post anything that tells them that they need to improve in some way. And of course they avoid any scriptures that are negative sounding. When I listen to the Bible, everything stays in context all the time. I don't skip around. I start in Genesis and keep listening everyday until I get to Revelation. Some passages are more happy and some are not. For example, as of lately I've been in Jeremiah. To me it's a sad book because of Israel wasn't doing things right, so they were being judged by God.
There seems to be two different kinds of belief systems.
Logical belief and Emotional belief.
Sometimes my logical belief goes in one direction, and my emotional belief goes in another direction.
When I'm listening to the Bible, logically I believe. But those logical beliefs don't always, permanently effect my emotional belief. What is so weird is, if something bothering me emotionally. The words of scripture doesn't necessarily block it out. I think one of the reasons why it doesn't block it out. Is because if you look at how many "positive" Christians do things with scripture. They seem to take the scriptures out of context, and post all the positive ones, and never post anything that tells them that they need to improve in some way. And of course they avoid any scriptures that are negative sounding. When I listen to the Bible, everything stays in context all the time. I don't skip around. I start in Genesis and keep listening everyday until I get to Revelation. Some passages are more happy and some are not. For example, as of lately I've been in Jeremiah. To me it's a sad book because of Israel wasn't doing things right, so they were being judged by God.