why is it so difficult

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grieta
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grieta

Guest
Hi there , just curious to know , have ne of you ever tried to win a soul for jesus , knowing that they are unbelievers but more especially knowing that you've got some kind of Love attraction to them ?
Have you ever won over that soul for God and how did. About doing that ?

Do share :confused:
 
I challenge them to a game of backgammon. If they lose, they must be baptized and partake of communion.

(Never mind me.)

Personally, while I find that wit and apologetics, as well as spreading the gospel by word of mouth, are effective and necessary to win souls, what's important to me in winning souls is living the example. When you commit yourself to being upright and of sober mind, other people often tend to respect that.
 
Hey Sib , awesome , that's soooo true , live the life n God will save them though u hey.
I jst feel really sad for them tho , knowing they have allll the christian qualities yet serving idols
Its a pitty that they won't give God a chance in their lives.

Neway , thanks for the reply , its opened my eyes now :o
 
What do you mean by 'you have a Love attraction to them'?

And if winning souls was that easy the whole world would be full of Christians. Most people in the world don't see Christianity or possibly God as love, but as rules and uptight behavior.
 
Meaaaaaaning I was getting to carried away with their good character n them sort of showing interest in christianty and they sent like bible verses everyday , I dunno I just gt a lil blinded I ges ,bt about a week ago I asked god to remove those feelings and help me to nt confuse the feeling of sympathy with the feeling of Love, ( if that makes ne sense lol )

And yes u r also ryt its never that easy , bt its our responsibilty to live the Christian life and show Christ to the world in that way. This is mission and just one way of spreading the gospel yes
 
After I became a Christian, I shared the gospel with my family and friends. My wife, son, brother and sister in law received Christ through faith but the rest simply refused to repent and believe the gospel. Instead, they continued to trust in their church and their works to save them. That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works is not difficult to understand. It's just difficult for many people to ACCEPT. It is tragic that human pride will not allow these people to come to Christ. Their hands are full of their works (and their willful habitual sinful behavior) and they will not let go in order to take hold of Christ through FAITH.
 
One of the first, and most difficult, lessons to learn is that we are NOT the Holy Spirit, Jr. As you can see on this forum, some of us never learn it. But, do try to learn it.
 
it is difficult because it is part of mans natural state to be with god, and part of mans fallen state to fight God.
You know the bible keeps referring to Jesus as light, and sinners as being in darkness

imagine living in a dark room for years and suddenly be out in broad daylight. It must be both scary and painful and wonderful at the same time.
 
:DWEll I guess all that's left do is just pray for them , be the example that God called us to be n hand them over to God .
Its a shame that they have no idea what they're missing out on , but on the other hand , how gratefull should we be that God found it fit To CHOOSE us for himself and didn't just leev us to linger around like the others , searching him .

I'm so glad that you guys r here , I'm really inspired.
 
:DWEll I guess all that's left do is just pray for them , be the example that God called us to be n hand them over to God .
Its a shame that they have no idea what they're missing out on , but on the other hand , how gratefull should we be that God found it fit To CHOOSE us for himself and didn't just leev us to linger around like the others , searching him .

I'm so glad that you guys r here , I'm really inspired.

Sometimes our role is to plant seeds. Sometimes it's to water them. Other times we may get to harvest. Usually it's watering it seems. Sometimes maybe planting a new seed, but to get to go through all three steps is not common. So we just have to do our part at the moment and trust God has someone to follow up when your time with that person as a witness is done.