Could by ADD.
Studies have found the age group in the OP were hardwired for defecit in holding long term attention spans by children's television programming as children. Sesame street, Romper room, etc...
I doubt it would be the case in your field, but at a local store here management has started to hire stockers with a reading defesit.
It shows.
Left unmanaged these hires will take merchandise to its particular department and shelve according to packaging similarities.
If there's no product nearby that looks similar to the new restock inventory, they put it anywhere there's space.
I've stopped trusting shelf tags for the price of the products.
Why would any company do this? I asked the manager who was supervising the new hire for their service desk.
It's a corporate decision. Refusing to hire applicants who can't read is a firm of discrimination. If the perspective hire us "non- white", it may also be construed as racism as well.
Plus, the company get tax benefits for hiring the "differently abled".
I hope that policy never enters the OP's line of work. Seriously.