Why is Jesus referred to as the Morning Star?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 16, 2019
-------
Revelations 22:16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The morning star signals that the dark night is over and there will be daylight. Christ will bring an end to the dark night of sin, sickness, and death on earth, and establish the New Heavens and the New Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The Morning Star simply refers to Venus, The brightest planet in the sky at a specific day of time.
Jesus told us that he is the light.

Jun 10, 2019
The morning star signals that the dark night is over and there will be daylight. Christ will bring an end to the dark night of sin, sickness, and death on earth, and establish the New Heavens and the New Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.
morning star is a reference to satan and bright morning star a reference to Christ, as a roaring lion and a Lion of the tribe of Judah

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
morning star is a reference to satan and bright morning star a reference to Christ, as a roaring lion and a Lion of the tribe of Judah
Wrong friend, in context it was the king of babylon that morning star was a reference to. Read Isaiah 14

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
...morning star is a reference to satan...
That is incorrect and has been inserted into the modern Bible versions.

KJV -- SON ON THE MORNING
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! (Isa 14:12)

LUCIFER = הֵילֵ֣ל (hê-lêl) = A SHINING ONE
Strong's Concordance
helel: a shining one
Original Word: הֵילֵל
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: helel
Phonetic Spelling: (hay-lale')
Definition: a shining one

SON OF THE MORNING IS THE CORRECT TRANSLATION
That is exactly what is found in the Hebrew: בֶּן־ (ben = son) שָׁ֑חַר (šā-ḥar = of the morning).

The modern versions have deliberately corrupted this translation.

New International Version (and many others)
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

WARNING: MODERN VERSIONS TRY TO MAKE SATAN THE SAME AS JESUS!

Jun 10, 2019
That is incorrect and has been inserted into the modern Bible versions.

KJV -- SON ON THE MORNING
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! (Isa 14:12)

LUCIFER = הֵילֵ֣ל (hê-lêl) = A SHINING ONE
Strong's Concordance
helel: a shining one
Original Word: הֵילֵל
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: helel
Phonetic Spelling: (hay-lale')
Definition: a shining one

SON OF THE MORNING IS THE CORRECT TRANSLATION
That is exactly what is found in the Hebrew: בֶּן־ (ben = son) שָׁ֑חַר (šā-ḥar = of the morning).

The modern versions have deliberately corrupted this translation.

New International Version (and many others)
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

WARNING: MODERN VERSIONS TRY TO MAKE SATAN THE SAME AS JESUS!
Ok so what is morning a reference too?

Jun 10, 2019
Actually morning star and a bright morning star is quite different, hence the brightness, both are reference to loins as well

Jun 10, 2019
And this statement in Matthew 4:8

8 Again the devil takes Him to a mountain exceedingly high and shows to Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

Sep 14, 2019
-------
Revelations 22:16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
Angels are often referred to as stars. Morning Stars are a form of angelic being with a certain goodness about them hence the term morning. The word Bright refers to the greatest of all the morning stars. So Jesus tells us he is the Bright Morning Star or the greatest angel of God. There is no greater angel than Jesus the firstborn of all creation.

Jun 10, 2019
hmm this is quite informative thread why does just a hand full of bibles have it like this. the bright and morning star as in two separate things

Rev 22:16
King James Bible
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jun 10, 2019
And it is interesting about the KJV just says morning what is the morning what is that referenced too In Isaiah 14:12

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
related:

we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place,
until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts

(1 Peter 1:19)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The Morning Star simply refers to Venus, The brightest planet in the sky at a specific day of time.
Jesus told us that he is the light.
Venus is often called the 'morning star' because it is very bright & its course makes it often seen early in the morning, relatively low on the horizon, roughly in the east before sunrise.
it is also just as bright, and often seen, at night - in fact it's been in the nighttime sky here in the northern hemisphere for a few months. at dusk, when night begins to fall, it is usually the first 'star' visible in the sky, on account of the magnitude of its brightness; it's visible before the sky darkens enough to make lights of lesser apparent magnitude distinguishable.

because of this apparent brightness, when it is in the early morning eastern sky, but not too close to the sun, it's often still visible for a short while even after the sun rises.

Jun 10, 2019
The sun in our solar system is a star but not all stars are suns, like Venus appears as a star yet it’s a planet and all planets in our solar system aluminates by the sun

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Ok so what is morning a reference too?
Satan (Lucifer) is here associated with Venus, and Venus has a occultic and pagan significance. So "son of the morning" could mean "son of Venus".

GENERAL OCCULT AND ASTROLOGICAL INFORMATION ABOUT VENUS
Venus, like Mercury, is close to the Sun and by ancients it was called Cytherea, Aphrodite, Phosphorus, the Morning Star, the Evening Star, Innana, Vesperugo, Exapolis, Amathusia, Coliada, Urania, Queen of Heaven, Astarte, Astaroth, Isis and Ericina, among others. She is also called Lucifer...
https://simonarich.com/occult-meaning-of-venus-this-planet-in-ancient-and-occult-writings/

"When Venus is on the other side of the Sun, it leads the Sun as it travels across the sky. Venus will rise in the morning a few hours before the Sun. Then as the Sun rises, the sky brightens and Venus fades away in the daytime sky. This is Venus the Morning Star... The Greeks called the morning star Phosphoros, “the bringer of light” [which is the came as Lucifer the Shining One]; and they called the evening star Hesperos, “the star of the evening” [also Venus]"
https://www.universetoday.com/22570/venus-the-morning-star/

Jun 10, 2019
Satan (Lucifer) is here associated with Venus, and Venus has a occultic and pagan significance. So "son of the morning" could mean "son of Venus".

GENERAL OCCULT AND ASTROLOGICAL INFORMATION ABOUT VENUS
Venus, like Mercury, is close to the Sun and by ancients it was called Cytherea, Aphrodite, Phosphorus, the Morning Star, the Evening Star, Innana, Vesperugo, Exapolis, Amathusia, Coliada, Urania, Queen of Heaven, Astarte, Astaroth, Isis and Ericina, among others. She is also called Lucifer...
https://simonarich.com/occult-meaning-of-venus-this-planet-in-ancient-and-occult-writings/

"When Venus is on the other side of the Sun, it leads the Sun as it travels across the sky. Venus will rise in the morning a few hours before the Sun. Then as the Sun rises, the sky brightens and Venus fades away in the daytime sky. This is Venus the Morning Star... The Greeks called the morning star Phosphoros, “the bringer of light” [which is the came as Lucifer the Shining One]; and they called the evening star Hesperos, “the star of the evening” [also Venus]"
https://www.universetoday.com/22570/venus-the-morning-star/
I was just thinking that as well sort of as in satan is a planet not a star, so in the KJV I kind of like that just morning, there’s only one star in our solar system

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Huh so the king of Babylon was in heaven

Babylons had their own mountain of god. The context is not the heaven we believe in.

I have posted evidence on this before.

Isaiah 14:9-11 Good News Translation (GNT)
9 “The world of the dead is getting ready to welcome the king of Babylon. The ghosts of those who were powerful on earth are stirring about. The ghosts of kings are rising from their thrones. 10 They all call out to him, ‘Now you are as weak as we are! You are one of us! 11 You used to be honored with the music of harps, but now here you are in the world of the dead. You lie on a bed of maggots and are covered with a blanket of worms.’”

Jun 10, 2019
thinking on a little science, a star supernovae to give way to waters of life.

in the beginning

Luke 22:4
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Matthew 26:42
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.