Why is salvation free, when it should be the costliest of all things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Universalism is a lie from the pit. It gives to people a false assurance that they will be saved even if they do not go through the right protocols to be saved.
Universalism is a false gospel. Salvation is offered to all, but all must obey the Gospel in order to be saved. Which means repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. And sadly all will not obey the Gospel.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
A simpler way to understand salvation is to remember that it has THREE TENSES (see Romans 8:29,30):

1. Past tense -- we have been justified by grace through faith by the Father

2. Present tense -- we are being sanctified by the Holy Spirit

3. Future tense -- we shall be glorified at the Resurrection/Rapture by Christ [Note: election and predestination are for this purpose]
Yes, three tenses.

1. We have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification)

2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin (sanctification)

3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Universalism is a false gospel. Salvation is offered to all, but all must obey the Gospel in order to be saved. Which means repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. And sadly all will not obey the Gospel.
False gospel indeed. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” We obey the gospel by changing our mind and choosing to believe the gospel by trusting in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

allsaved

Sep 13, 2015
To say that salvation will be given to everyone is to cheapen salvation...there is nothing that you are actually saved from (as hell or the lake of fire) because no one goes to either of those places.

It is certainly available to all...

However, scripture is clear that we have access into grace through faith (Romans 5:1-2, Ephesians 2:8-9); and therefore if anyone does not have faith in Jesus and what He did for them on the Cross, they are not recipients of grace and do not have salvation.

Universalism is a lie from the pit.

It gives to people a false assurance that they will be saved even if they do not go through the right protocols to be saved.

Certain people, believing in it, will not go through those protocols and will not be saved as a result; while they may believe that they will be saved throughout their lives.

It is really a cruel doctrine to say the least. For those who believe in it will be unpleasantly surprised when they pass into the next life and are in for a rude awakening.

allsaved

Sep 13, 2015
I am not a Universalist. I am a Christian who believes in the universal salvation of every soul. I do not subscribe to any other creed or doctrine that opposes salvation through Jesus. I do object to the wide spread beliefs that Jesus failed to accomplish what the father sent him to do. When we souls insist the our righteousness through good works or other acts of obedience according to man's doctrines and requirements, we cheapen the price Jesust paid for our salvation. Those who condemn others who do not believe in the salvation of every soul are probably ignorant in regard to it. I am certain that Christians reading this post wonder, "how can anyone believe that?" If so,You owe it to yourself to at least know the basis of it written in our holy God's holy word. He has a plan. I was a life-long conservative fundamentalist Christian who believed I had to be worth saving through religiousness. My book, "Without Doubt" offers a thorough explanation of what universalism and how God will accomplish it. "Without Doubt" by Bill Whitmire can be read online for as little as $3.00 or purchased in hard copy. You may disagree with it, but it is possible that you will find peace in it. Your love, worship and praise are the result of your salvation, not the other way round. https://www.christianfaithpublishing.com/client/315122/315122Whitmire-cover.pdf?draft=2023-05-17-34

allsaved

Sep 13, 2015
Eternal death is not the penalty of sin. Separation from God is

We are separated due to sin. Jesus was separated on the cross. As God. Jesus could suffer enough for all mankind because he is eternal

Those who do not believe are condemned already. Their condemnation will just continue unless they repent before it is too late
That word,"eternal" causes a lot of misunderstanding. It is not the fire that is eternal, it is the destruction. Read Jude 7: Sodom an Gammorah, it says, are an example of eternal fire, the flames went out, the destruction of evil for which they were punished by fire. was eternal.

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
Salvation is the costliest, somehow what God meant for us to be with our creation is really worth so much to God the costliest gift is given freely to human people who need it so much, animals suffer but they do not contribute to the sin for which this world is cursed and the animals do not need the salvation we do for the restoration, but we would only have this free gift of the costliest gift with repentance through Christ with our faith.