Why Is Satan Set Free From The Pit After 1,000 Years?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I thought Satan was bound at the cross when Jesus defeated death.
My bible indicates MANY thousand, not one thousand.

Anyway, Bud, you are so darn cute, you look like Santa Claus with that red hat.!
No

Satan is still decieving nations.

God has always bound satan as to what he can or can not do. He had to ask permission to go after Job and Peter

God said yes with one, no with the other..

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Here's a C/P for ya:

To understand this apparent contradiction, we need to consider the contextual meaning of the Hebrew word translated “destroyed.” This Hebrew word, ’abad (Strong’s #6), is commonly used in the Hebrew Scriptures and may be translated “to perish, to vanish, to destroy or to put to death” depending on the context and the verb stem in the Hebrew (The King James Version Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon).

In the context of this passage, Satan was “destroyed … from the midst of the fiery stones.” The sense is that God is going to cause Satan to vanish or be removed from His presence. When we compare what is said in Ezekiel 28 with other scriptures pertaining to Satan’s fate, it becomes clear that God is going to eventually bind the devil permanently, rendering him useless in terms of continuing to deceive humans.

Many centuries after Ezekiel penned his prophecy, Paul wrote to the Corinthians about Satan, calling him “the god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4). This scripture and many others prove that the devil was alive and actively opposing God on earth during the life of Paul and the rest of the apostles. Moreover, Satan remains alive and committed to the destruction of God’s Church and its saints today (1 Peter 5:8).

Even though Satan is a spirit being, God is going to “destroy” the influence and power that the devil has had over mankind. Christ’s death facilitates this action. As the writer of Hebrews explains, “Through death He [Christ] might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil” (Hebrews 2:14).

Again, the word destroy in this passage does not mean to destroy in the sense of do away with or make nonexistent. The word translated “destroy” is from the Greek word katargeo, meaning “to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative; to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency; to deprive of force, influence, power” (The New American Standard Greek Lexicon).

Even though Satan will not die, God will render him useless in his efforts to deceive humans by restraining him along with his angels. As Jude confirms, “And the angels who did not keep their proper domain [the responsibilities God originally assigned to them], but left their own abode, He [God] has reserved in everlasting chains [some spiritual means of restriction] under darkness for the judgment of the great day” (Jude 1:6).

What is Satan’s destined end? The Bible shows that the devil will not die, but rather that he will suffer torment. After Satan’s deception following the 1,000 years, he will be “cast into the lake of fire and brimstone” where he “will be tormented day and night forever and ever” (verse 10).
Explain it away as you like, but the wording leaves nothing in doubt as to Satan's outcome. Ashes, never shalt thou be any more.

Eze. 28:18, 19 "Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Explain it away as you like, but the wording leaves nothing in doubt as to Satan's outcome.
Yep. Tormented day and night forever and ever...

...and ever...

...and ever...

...and ever......

...and ever.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ Yeah, the same word that is in the last phrase of Ezekiel 28:19 (H369... only with regard to "forever" as it pertains to the one being referred to in Ezek28) is also used in Daniel 9:26, where some versions say, "[shall be cut off] but not for Himself" and other versions say, "and have nothing" (we know this one doesn't refer to "for forever" ;) ). I believe it refers to one's relation to earthly-____ ("place" for lack of a better word I'd want to put :D sorry). IOW, it's not referring to "annihilation" or some such, but place in relation to those existing on the earth (and/or in Heaven--anywhere!), if that makes sense. :)

Here's a number of ways the various versions put it: https://biblehub.com/daniel/9-26.htm

Dec 12, 2013
A careful study will reveal 2 things...

a. The remant of Israel goes all the way through the tribulation and wrath of God and will repopulate the waste cities of Israel

b. There seems to be a remnant from some of the Gentile nations that do the same

During the 1000 yeae time frame the children of those that repopulate the waste cities will be given 100 years to repent.....

At the end of that period God will allow Satan out to gather a massive army from those who have not received Christ, which by the way rules for 1000 years without the influence of the devil on the planet

Hints, allusions, partial pics of this time frame woven in with the O.T. prophets through and through!

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
After the "1,000 years" Satan is again free to deceive the nations......the nations of self-saved "believers", nations of cultic "christians", Muslims, buddhists, and so forth..
This is after the rapture of the church and before the final annihilation when the earth is destroyed by intense heat.
Satan was never able to deceive God's elect, whether they be Jew or Gentile.
These nations will war among themselves but according to Peter, the time is short.

Dec 12, 2013
No

Satan is still decieving nations.

God has always bound satan as to what he can or can not do. He had to ask permission to go after Job and Peter

God said yes with one, no with the other..
And Peter was clear....Satan as a roaring lion IS walking about seeking whom he may devour.....PRESENT TENSE --->IS

Apr 15, 2017
I've always wondered about that. Why does God, after having Satan thrown into the bottomless pit at the beginning of the Millennium, set him free after the thousand years had passed?

I think it's to prove one final lesson.

Those Tribulation saints who survive, and go into the Millennium in their physical bodies will continue to have children. (So many so, that Satan will be able to raise a gigantic army from among them for one final battle against God).

Those children, and their children's children, etc., will be raised in a perfect environment, being ruled by Jesus with a rod of iron. They will superficially worship Jesus, but their hearts will be in rebellion to Him.

God lets Satan out to show, once and for all, that it's not a person's environment that makes them bad, it's what is inside of them. It's our nature. And no amount of paradise will change us if we are not regenerated through Christ.

It's kinda like many "stars" these days. They have the world at their feet - money, power, adulation - and they end up doing terrible things. They destroy themselves and others, despite "having it all".

Anyhoo, that's my two cents. ;)
The battle of Armageddon is when the beast, and the world, go against Jerusalem, the Jews, Israel, and Jesus comes back with all the saints, and defeats the world, and saves Israel.

The kingdom is restored to the Jews, Israel, and Jesus and the saints rule over the people that God spared at the battle of Armageddon, which the Bible says one sixth of the people.

When Jesus defeats the world, the beast, humanity, the man of sin that Satan influenced to deceive the people, gets thrown in to the lake of fire, and Satan gets thrown in to the bottomless pit.

There is peace on earth for 1000 years for Satan is not influencing the people, and Satan is loosed from the bottomless pit, and deceives the people and they go against the saints, and God rains fire down on them, and devours them, and the millennial reign is over.

The people that God spared at the battle of Armageddon still have punishment coming, for they followed the beast, and took the mark of the beast, but God postponed it until the end of the millennial reign.

Also it appears as if the bottomless pit is a reference to Satan being on a leash, for right now Satan is considered in the bottomless pit, for when the beast kingdom comes about the beast ascends from the bottomless pit which means Satan is off his leash, and will deceive all people that do not love God to follow him, and the beast kingdom, which God can then end this sin business on earth.

Right not Satan is on a leash, and can only deceive so much, but in the future will be off his leash concerning the wicked, which the Bible says he is restrained right now, until the time of the end when he appears as the beast, then he is not restrained concerning the wicked, off his leash, ascends from the bottomless pit.

So Satan being in the bottomless pit in the millennial reign is a reference that he is on a leash, but this being on a leash causes him to be restrained where he cannot influence at all, which is referenced by the angel shackling Satan with a great chain.

Satan is in the bottomless pit right now for he is on a leash, and can only influence so much, but he is the prince of the power of the air, so he is not really in a bottomless pit, so it much be a reference that he is on a leash, for he ascends from the bottomless pit as the beast, but Michael and his angels defeated Satan and his angels, and threw them to earth, where the earth became the habitation of devils which is their holding cell, and they deceive all people that do not love God, and hold the testimony of Jesus.

So Satan is not really in a bottomless pit for he is the prince of the power of the air, and gets kicked out of the sky, and thrown to earth, and ascends from the bottomless pit to deceive the wicked, so it must be a reference that Satan is on a leash when he is in the bottomless pit, and not on a leash when he is not in the bottomless pit.

So it appears that the reason Satan is still allowed to be around, and not be punished during the millennial reign is so he can deceive the people that God spared at the battle of Armageddon at the end of the millennial reign, so they will go against the saints so God can defeat them, for they still have punishment coming, and since God allowed them to abide by the Old Testament feast of tabernacles, and go up year after year to worship the LORD it could be that it made them right with God according to the Old Testament physical covenant, so God allowed them to be deceived by Satan and break that covenant, so He can put them down, for there is no way they can have spiritual salvation for they took the mark of the beast in which there is no reversal, and no salvation.

Apr 15, 2017
After the "1,000 years" Satan is again free to deceive the nations......the nations of self-saved "believers", nations of cultic "christians", Muslims, buddhists, and so forth..
This is after the rapture of the church and before the final annihilation when the earth is destroyed by intense heat.
Satan was never able to deceive God's elect, whether they be Jew or Gentile.
These nations will war among themselves but according to Peter, the time is short.
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

In the millennial reign of Christ there shall be one LORD, and His name one, and the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, and the heathen have to keep the feast of tabernacles, and go up year after year to Jerusalem to worship the LORD.

So there is no Buddhists, and cultic chirstians, and Hindu, or Muslims, for the heathen shall not acknowledge any religious figure, or god, but Jesus, and only abide by His ways.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why Is Satan Set Free From The Pit After 1,000 Years?
Why not?

God has a purpose for Satan at all times, even after the Millennium.

E

eternally-gratefull

And Peter was clear....Satan as a roaring lion IS walking about seeking whom he may devour.....PRESENT TENSE --->IS
I guess we can see it this way, If I get sent to jail. I want to go to their jail. Because in their system, I get to walk around freely and continue to do prety much as a wish (with the same restrictions I have had all along)

P

pottersclay

Budman good post😋😋

I agree with your outlined insight. Why would anyone after 1000 yrs with our Lord seeing creation restored and peace to all want to rebel? But as the word of the Lord is true so shall it be.
Now this is the insite that I see.....the final rebellion brings about the final prophecy to be fulfilled.
No more death.😁😁😁

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
reading Revelation chapter 20 there are two resurrections. One for the redeemed and one for the condemned. See verse 5. In the millenium only the redeeemed part of the first resurrection are in the kingdom under Jesus. The rest lived not again until the thousand years are finished. When they are raised in the second resurrection, the devil goes and deceives them. They try to make war against the saints, but they will not win.

So againts note, two separate resurrections, the first, the saints, the second, the sinners. The saints are first. They are written in the book of life. The deceived who are not written in the book of life and the deceiver will be cast in the lake of fire. That is the judgement day.

So nobody is rebelling when Jesus returns. At least, thats how I understand it. I dont know if beheaded for the witness of Jesus is literal, but, thats what it says. That is disturbing, but theres more about the beast in earlier chapters who deceives the world.

Just my thoughts from reading scripture. Note..two separate resurrections.