Why is there a hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2010
No where does the bible or any Bible writer that I know of tell us that Adam lied to eve or tricked Eve or Deceived Eve.

Eve was Deceived by Satan.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The Serpent is Satan:

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Satan was the first to lie thus he is the Father of Lies.

Joh 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

The statement "Father of Lies" means he was the first. it started with Him.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Satan was cast out of heave to this earth. He lied first to Eve.

Where is there proof in the Word that Adam lied?

Where is there Proof the do not touch was untrue?

As far as I have seen, there is none.

If you have some I am all eyes.

Blessings.
As i have stated, the truth is quite evident when you first believe the Gen 1 & 2 are the complete and
absolute TRUTH of ALL GOD created and made. Why should it not be, or why should GOD not tell the
entire TRUTH?. I am not seeking to deceive, since i have nothing to gain. If the thing is true, could i
not profit much by writing a book, as many would do? or what have i asked for such knowledge? But
consider carefully to the things i say, and see if you can find fault. Above all esle the TRUTH should
be simple, lest only the wise could understand it. And to understand it, one must reason the scriptures.
My rationale.
Adam was created in the image, and after the likeness of the Lord (GEN1:26-27, EZ1:26-28), which are
that of a man and that of light. Since angel creation is not in GEN 1 & 2, Adam must be the first angelic
looking being. He alone was given the Garden, told the Commandment in which was the promise of
an eternal (perpetual) life, and, afte Eve was created and they were married, they were both given
the world as a wedding gift (Gen 1:28,29).
Now, the only way there can be one in teh garden who has already earned the reputations of being as
a serpent and being subtle, and, in retrspect of Gen 3, has iniquitous thoughts to convince Eve to eat
the forbidden fruit, is that something has already gone wrong in Paradise. And it is obvoius by Eve's
testiony to the serpent that she was already deceived because the LORD never told Adam he could
not touch the forbidden fruit. Even further, she not only failed to name the forbidden tree, but she
misreferenced it as being teh only tree in the center, when, in fact, fact, there are two (Gen 2).
Well, Adam is the only suspect according to Gen 1 & 2. Wasn't he right beside her when she picked and
ate the fruit, yet made not attempt to stop her (Gen 3:6). Would it not have been most subtle for
Adam to deceive Eve by telling her a lie at the first? or what could be more subtle than that? Or how
could Eve have been deceived if Adam had told her the TRUTH: that's impossbile! Is God unjust as to
convict without a trial as HE seems to have done with the serpent (Gen 3:14-15). Do you not realize
that the exclusion of the serpent's seed in the Savior is the reason MARY had to be a virgin, so that
man would have no part in HIM? Dp you not see that the serpent's curse is the curse of sin on the souls
of men, which excludes Jesus since Adam is not HIS father.

So what do you hate worse: thinking you could be deceived, orthat you are a child of the devil by birth?
Sorry to burst a bubble, but i beleieve the TRUTH can set you free, just as Jesus said it would. And any
who would care to refure what i say, please first deal with this. If it is possible to deceive one who knows the Truth, then the Word of God is of no value against the serpents of this world.

ps. Rev 12:7-9 , Gen 3:24

B

babyboyblue

As i have stated, the truth is quite evident when you first believe the Gen 1 & 2 are the complete and
absolute TRUTH of ALL GOD created and made. Why should it not be, or why should GOD not tell the
entire TRUTH?. I am not seeking to deceive, since i have nothing to gain. If the thing is true, could i
not profit much by writing a book, as many would do? or what have i asked for such knowledge? But
consider carefully to the things i say, and see if you can find fault. Above all esle the TRUTH should
be simple, lest only the wise could understand it. And to understand it, one must reason the scriptures.
My rationale.
Adam was created in the image, and after the likeness of the Lord (GEN1:26-27, EZ1:26-28), which are
that of a man and that of light. Since angel creation is not in GEN 1 & 2, Adam must be the first angelic
looking being. He alone was given the Garden, told the Commandment in which was the promise of
an eternal (perpetual) life, and, afte Eve was created and they were married, they were both given
the world as a wedding gift (Gen 1:28,29).
Now, the only way there can be one in teh garden who has already earned the reputations of being as
a serpent and being subtle, and, in retrspect of Gen 3, has iniquitous thoughts to convince Eve to eat
the forbidden fruit, is that something has already gone wrong in Paradise. And it is obvoius by Eve's
testiony to the serpent that she was already deceived because the LORD never told Adam he could
not touch the forbidden fruit. Even further, she not only failed to name the forbidden tree, but she
misreferenced it as being teh only tree in the center, when, in fact, fact, there are two (Gen 2).
Well, Adam is the only suspect according to Gen 1 & 2. Wasn't he right beside her when she picked and
ate the fruit, yet made not attempt to stop her (Gen 3:6). Would it not have been most subtle for
Adam to deceive Eve by telling her a lie at the first? or what could be more subtle than that? Or how
could Eve have been deceived if Adam had told her the TRUTH: that's impossible! Is God unjust as to
convict without a trial as HE seems to have done with the serpent (Gen 3:14-15). Do you not realize
that the exclusion of the serpent's seed in the Savior is the reason MARY had to be a virgin, so that
man would have no part in HIM? Dp you not see that the serpent's curse is the curse of sin on the souls
of men, which excludes Jesus since Adam is not HIS father.

So what do you hate worse: thinking you could be deceived, or that you are a child of the devil by birth?
Sorry to burst a bubble, but i believe the TRUTH can set you free, just as Jesus said it would. And any
who would care to refute what i say, please first deal with this. If it is possible to deceive one who knows the Truth, then the Word of God is of no value against the serpents of this world.

ps. Rev 12:7-9 , Gen 3:24

So explain Gen 3:14,15
14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

If Adam was the serpent and God cursed him above all the cattle, shouldn't we be upon our belly instead of walking upright?

Since you think Adam is the serpent in, why would God put enmity between Eve's seed and her Husband's seed. Won't they have the same seed?

B

babyboyblue

Additionally,

I think we both believe that God is a Just and a Righteous God. Therefore we must conclude that God was not unfair in his treatment toward the snake.

May 25, 2010
So explain Gen 3:14,15
14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

If Adam was the serpent and God cursed him above all the cattle, shouldn't we be upon our belly instead of walking upright?

Since you think Adam is the serpent in, why would God put enmity between Eve's seed and her Husband's seed. Won't they have the same seed?
Adam was created body, soul, and spirit. As soon as he sinned, he died a spiritual death as promised in
the commandment. the curse of the serpent is the curse of his soul (and all others born after he
sinned), and the curse on Adam is the curse upon the earth and upon the body. Since Adam is the
serpent but not a snake, the part of the serpent's curse about the belly can only mean that now that
Adam was spiritually dead (in essence 1/3 his original creation), he would have to spend 1/3 of his life
in sleep, upon his belly (facing hell), where the only thing he can do is breathe the dust of the air.
Consider: if the Last day is to be ONE DAY FOREVER, is it hard to believe that the Seventh day was
just such a day asso? Is it not written that GOD requires that which is past (eccl3:15), and was not
the Beginning perfect.

The woman's seed are the females, and the male's seed are the males. Are not women still in a
struggle for equaltiy with men in all things? Or tell me why Mary had to be a virgin, or whose seed did
this requirement exclude from the Christ? Was it not the seed of man, or is there another?

The only reason people beleive that satan if not Adam is that they are taught otherwise, but without
any scriptural proof. It is a house of cards built upon the adding to, and dimishing from the Truth about
the Beginning. One cannot come up with angel creation without adding to GEN 1 & 2.

Yes, GOD is just, i'm just trying to show you how to see the TRUTH about the Beginning by justifying
GOD in all HE did. He did not condemn the serpent without a trial as it so seems because the serpent is
Adam, and he already had his trial. But, if Adam is not the serpent, then GOD convicted the
serpent without a trial, which, according to the bible, is unjust because you must have at least two
witnesses to convict someone, which implies a trial.

there is much more to this than i have written, but, if you continue to question, i will continue to
answer. You find a scripture that you think proves otherwise, and i will tell you my interpretaion of it. Whether of not you believe is of no real concern to me because i have nothing to gain or lose by it.
You, on the other hand, have much to gain if what i say is true, because the Truth will set you free,
as Jesus Said it would, becasue once you know and beleive it, you can never be deceived about, no
matter how subtle the would-be deceiver.

PS did you know that Adam hid iniquity (evil thoughts) in his heart just like Lucifer did (Job31:33,
Is14:13,14)? But the Genesis account doesn't clearly point this out (it must be interpreted).

Dec 19, 2009
This is a simple question that has been heavy on my heart. Why is there a hell? If God doesn't want anyone to go, and He is all powerful, why doesn't He just keep everyone with Him in heaven?
First you have to understand what hell is. I believe hell is the natural consequences of our sin. Jesus died on the cross to save us from those consequences.

Having done that, he wants us to repent of our sin. If we refuse, he lets us taste the consequences of our sin.

C

crissy17

This is a simple question that has been heavy on my heart. Why is there a hell? If God doesn't want anyone to go, and He is all powerful, why doesn't He just keep everyone with Him in heaven?
In a sense, the concept of hell gives meaning to our lives.Jesus taught about the reality of the fact of Hell .we may agree on different interpretations in our understanding of it. It tells us that the moral choices we make day by day have eternal significance, that our behavior has consequences lasting to eternity.In some cases the direct result of man's rebellion, and the result of greed and pride and hunger for power that doesn't have any use for people only the desire to get ahead.This is the incredible fruit of sin. Sin brings suffering into the world. There's no way of getting around it. And the greatest sin in the world is to reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.We all know that there will be judgments that will take place upon sinners for deeds that will happen long after they have left this world, because the effects of a sinful life can go on for generations after the person has died and that will be a factor in that person's ultimate and final judgment.

L

luvmyjesus

True, God wants ALL people to be with him but he gives us freewill. and the ability to choose to love him rather than be robots with no choice. As a result of this free choice many of us choose to rebel against him and reject him. We choose to live a sinful life and as a result are not able to dwell in the presence of a holy God therefore hell exists for those who reject him. Like us in life we desire to have people choose to love us and want to love us. Not to do it because they have no choice.

May 25, 2010
In a sense, the concept of hell gives meaning to our lives.Jesus taught about the reality of the fact of Hell .we may agree on different interpretations in our understanding of it. It tells us that the moral choices we make day by day have eternal significance, that our behavior has consequences lasting to eternity.In some cases the direct result of man's rebellion, and the result of greed and pride and hunger for power that doesn't have any use for people only the desire to get ahead.This is the incredible fruit of sin. Sin brings suffering into the world. There's no way of getting around it. And the greatest sin in the world is to reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.We all know that there will be judgments that will take place upon sinners for deeds that will happen long after they have left this world, because the effects of a sinful life can go on for generations after the person has died and that will be a factor in that person's ultimate and final judgment.
Well said young lady. 'from the mouthes of babes'

T

theBibleisawsome

Originally hell was made for the devil and the fallen angels.Matthew 25:41 says depart from me,ye cursed,into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.hell was prepared for them.from the beggining it was not God's plan for man to enter such a place and be tormented he made every effort to turn man from entering the devils place call hell.Christ's death on the cross has given to all mankind a great privilege of turning back to enter paradise and not hell.surely Christ died to save people from eternal death and turn them BAck to the way of life.since God is a true judge he prepared hell for the devil n his angels. However if a man wills to follow Satan he will enter the lake of fire to be tormented with satan day and night forever.