why isnt chat app working

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hawke0777

Oct 21, 2016
chat app is no longer working has the chat been discontinued?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
chat app is no longer working has the chat been discontinued?
The app was not kept updated and as such was removed from the google apps play store.

It had been a bit wonky for some time and there were work-arounds for a while, but mostly not even they work any more.

Most of the people here in the forums do not -or did not- use the chat feature for any prolonged period of time.

And it is generally agreed upon by those of us here that this is a better way to get to know someone.

That is to say, through the written from. Try it. You might like it!

S

Steve777

The app was not kept updated and as such was removed from the google apps play store.

It had been a bit wonky for some time and there were work-arounds for a while, but mostly not even they work any more.

Most of the people here in the forums do not -or did not- use the chat feature for any prolonged period of time.

And it is generally agreed upon by those of us here that this is a better way to get to know someone.

That is to say, through the written from. Try it. You might like it!
It was already out of the play store. They got donations over these years just to stop the app. For one thing, I'll never donate for this

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It was already out of the play store. They got donations over these years just to stop the app. For one thing, I'll never donate for this
Donations go toward supporting the whole site, not just the chat, which many members do not use any ways.

You do not have to donate for this, and you did not have to donate for the chat app either,
unless you wanted to have the status required not to have to wait for use of the mic. That
is, not have to wait until all paying members were no longer in the queue to speak.

There are other perks that come with financially supporting this site.
Many are grateful it is not only free, but ad free. Many other sites are not.

S

Steve777

Donations go toward supporting the whole site, not just the chat, which many members do not use any ways.

You do not have to donate for this, and you did not have to donate for the chat app either,
unless you wanted to have the status required not to have to wait for use of the mic. That
is, not have to wait until all paying members were no longer in the queue to speak.

There are other perks that come with financially supporting this site.
Many are grateful it is not only free, but ad free. Many other sites are not.
I'm not sure what expenses the site has other than hosting.

You say you don't need to donate, but it's all I hear.

You're right, I didn't have to , or we have to donate on the app, but that's where I did donate after multiple requests, and now the app isn't even on. Most people like the app, not the website.

Website ads are not a problem. If you need extra income use it.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia

You're right, I didn't have to , or we have to donate on the app, but that's where I did donate after multiple requests, and now the app isn't even on. Most people like the app, not the website.

Welcome!!!
😁
We are happily texting here.

Ann100

Feb 6, 2018
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just make a group on Telegram which each one of us could join and enjoy chatting with one another, instead of unending problems with the Christian Chat app and lack of funds?!

Ann100

Feb 6, 2018
I used to donate in the past but stopped doing so after seeing certain members registering 5-6 profiles for themselves and coming under different names, with no consequences, even if reported. I even saw some members violating the basic rules for which they should have been banned, even reported a few in the past, but even with the previous moderators, nothing was done to these members not even a warning or any type of restriction to their profiles.

Ann100

Feb 6, 2018

I donated in the past for a full year, but I know many others never did. And the app is constantly out of work, so no matter if one donates or doesn't the app will be still not working and you can't change that. And I agree, I don't see anything wrong with ads, if it helps. Also, if maintaining the chat is so costly, wouldn't it be easier to just register Christian Chat on telegram and make a group chat there, where anyone could join and communicate with one another? - I would join.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

Ads were tried years ago and there was no control over which ads came up. Thus a lot of offensive ads popped up.

Most people like the app, not the website, seems rather subjective.

Just because you hear it a lot still doesn't make it required.

The site owner also takes pay for his work. He is the only person that does all the work, other than being a mod.

Oct 21, 2022
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just make a group on Telegram which each one of us could join and enjoy chatting with one another, instead of unending problems with the Christian Chat app and lack of funds?!
I am behind this venture 💯 percent

earlybird

Aug 13, 2013
I donated in the past for a full year, but I know many others never did. And the app is constantly out of work, so no matter if one donates or doesn't the app will be still not working and you can't change that. And I agree, I don't see anything wrong with ads, if it helps. Also, if maintaining the chat is so costly, wouldn't it be easier to just register Christian Chat on telegram and make a group chat there, where anyone could join and communicate with one another? - I would join.
Hello Ann, I just wanted to let you that you came up with a very good idea. A chat section should be connected to the chat site not an app site, blessings.

elear

Oct 31, 2020
Among all the smartphone-based messaging programs I've used, Telegram is probably my favourite, because it's open-source and private, and it's also less resource-intensive to run on a (non-smartphone) computer because it's not based on Electron (that is, it doesn't depend on a bundled web browser to run).

Ann100

Feb 6, 2018
Hello Ann, I just wanted to let you that you came up with a very good idea. A chat section should be connected to the chat site not an app site, blessings.
Thank you. Blessings to you, too.

lncy

Jun 16, 2014
I was a subscriber years ago.....just came back online and seen the chat app is gone. Shame, there were some good chats had on that. And some really good music shared.

elear

Oct 31, 2020
Since there is already a website with a forum, there is probably already sufficient hosting to add some kind of chatting capability to the site itself without any additional cost. I like sites to have their own chat functionality internally so that they don't depend on an external program.

Ann100

Feb 6, 2018
I recently found Christian Chat group on Discord. To pity, there aren't many members there, and it looks semi-dead. Thought, I would share it, in case someone is interested to join and bring life to the group.