Why Many Fail to Receive Healing

  • Thread starter Thread starter lesjude
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Some have not and will not die which the Bible is clear on. The rest will die but do not have to die sick, just a peaceful transition.
Please click on the link for this forum below and read it:
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/53627-pauls-thorn-not-sickness.html

Healing in this life is clearly promised and I have given dozens of scriptures.
Please click on the link form this forum and read it:http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/53692-only-believe-stop-negative.html

You give dozens of scriptures, but also dozens of faulty interpretations, based on false timing of FULL manifestation of said scriptures.
 
I am not now nor have I ever been part of the heretical WOF.

i said STEW.
ya, you've got WoF in your stew.


read it.
long before you got here.

Why do you call God a liar based on the carnal experiences of you, others, and the religious doctrines of men?

i'm not calling God a liar.

that would leave.....you.

pretty obvious you believe yourself, but i don't believe you at all.

Carefully here with Simon. Here is why:
Matthew 12:28-32

New King James Version (NKJV)

28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
The Unpardonable Sin

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

oh yes. whip out the unpardonable sin threat.
because you're walking in 'the Acts 2 experience'. this is all about YOU, right?

too bad you don't know you're the one in danger of the unpardonable sin. you don't even know what it was.

hey jude....don't make it bad (too late), but try.
you're in real danger, man.
stop inserting yourself into the apostolic age.
 
Some have not and will not die which the Bible is clear on. The rest will die but do not have to die sick, just a peaceful transition.
Please click on the link for this forum below and read it:
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/53627-pauls-thorn-not-sickness.html

Healing in this life is clearly promised and I have given dozens of scriptures.
Please click on the link form this forum and read it:http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/53692-only-believe-stop-negative.html

1. I read the forum, and responded to it. You did not prove anything, only your faulty misinterpretations of many verses.

2. Death is a sickness. if God promised to heal all sickness, he would have healed death. You do not know much about medicine do you? I spent 5 years in the medical field. If you need help I will help you.

3. Healing in life is not promised. we are not promised no more sickness or death until after this lifetime.

4. Yes, some will not die. but not because they do not get sick, but because they are alive in the return of Christ.

5. You need to study more. I pray you never get sick and God does not heal you (although that will not happen, for one day you will get sick) and when this happens you will lose complete trust in God.
 
Some have not and will not die which the Bible is clear on.

oh my:D.....okay.
let's see: point to the passages, or if i left out your magic one, please post it.
btw: are you one of the ones who will never die?
if not, why not? you got da power, right?

1 Thessalonians 4
The Coming of the Lord

13But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,d that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

John 11
I Am the Resurrection and the Life

17Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. 18Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two milesc off, 19and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. 20So when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, but Mary remained seated in the house. 21Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.” 23Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” 25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.d Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”


The rest will die but do not have to die sick, just a peaceful transition.

oh. so, they just get into bed one day at 103 and say here i go?

just....click.

huh. who knew.

no failing bones, no heart trouble, no strokes, no wheelchairs....<< oh ya the demon of blood clot. he's a particularly bad one.

anyway....do you go around and heal unbelievers in hospitals and stuff? so ppl will believe?
just curious. i'd like to see the records on that - headlines, photos...anything?

nevermind.
 
1. I read the forum, and responded to it. You did not prove anything, only your faulty misinterpretations of many verses.
The verses I gave do not need interpretation. Psalm 103:1-5, James 5:14-15 and many more.
2. Death is a sickness. if God promised to heal all sickness, he would have healed death. You do not know much about medicine do you? I spent 5 years in the medical field. If you need help I will help you.
So you would know about death as they are the #3 cause of it in the US killing over 300,000 each year every year. Please give scripture that Jesus would send His bride to them to be stripped naked, poisoned by drugs (ALL harm the body in ANY amount), and cut up by unsaved people.
3. Healing in life is not promised. we are not promised no more sickness or death until after this lifetime.
Scripture please as the Bible says the opposite.
4. Yes, some will not die. but not because they do not get sick, but because they are alive in the return of Christ.
You need to read a little more.
5. You need to study more. I pray you never get sick and God does not heal you (although that will not happen, for one day you will get sick) and when this happens you will lose complete trust in God.
Good advice about studying. Do not bother praying because obviously there would be no faith involved per your disclaimer.
No, because we are in Christ's kingdom and His Kingdom is in us:
Hebrews 12:28

New King James Version (NKJV)

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may[a] serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

How about you?
 
Good advice about studying. Do not bother praying because obviously there would be no faith involved per your disclaimer.
No, because we are in Christ's kingdom and His Kingdom is in us:
Hebrews 12:28

New King James Version (NKJV)

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may[a] serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

How about you?

I serve him fine. And he has blessed me well. And if he has a desire to use me getting ill to do something, I will praise God through it.

You ignore many things, and many people who have come to God because his children were sick. And you ignore the fact that death in itself is sickness. We were not designed to die. Death came as a result of sin.
 
Good advice about studying. Do not bother praying because obviously there would be no faith involved per your disclaimer.
No, because we are in Christ's kingdom and His Kingdom is in us:
Hebrews 12:28

New King James Version (NKJV)

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may[a] serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

How about you?
hey jude -
is God bound by His own Law/Word to heal you (or me or anyone else) on demand?

Does He HAVE TO?

(yes, according to you He does, because of YOUR strong faith).

LAW LAW LAW.
WoF god of forces.
 
For some reason I find this to be one of the most absurd and offensive threads I have seen in a while.
 
God may choose to heal us through physical death. Miracles can happen, but that all depends on the will of God. God may heal and we need to have the faith of that but also face the reality that He may not heal us physically. Same concept, some Christians die for their faith and some will live with little persecution. God is completely sovereign in this area of life and death and nothing happens unless he ordains it to happen Romans 2:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" and Philippians 2:13 "for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."

So, whatever situation God called you to, do it well, live well and die well, all to the glory of our God so that His gospel may have power and an impact on those around us!

 
Last edited:
Chapter and verse please. Healing brings life to the body, and death is the death of that body. What you say makes no Bible or reasonable sense.

Philippians 1:23

19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
 
The man was not saved and did not even know who Jesus was when He healed him. When he did find out the man ratted Jesus out to those who wanted to kill Him. I would say that this indicated that he continued to sin. This account really has nothing to do with a Christian in Christ.
Trust me you will have enough trials without asking for them. You are in fatalism not faith and unless you change your thinking it will mean trouble, even premature death.

First I don't know what fatalism is, and I honestly don't care. The bottom line is that something worse (in a spiritual or physical sense) can happen to a person after they are healed spiritually or physically, if they do not take the next step in Jesus Christ.

I am not in faith? Why is it that I don't get sick anymore? That's one witness to myself and those that are closest to me that I'm in the faith, and if I do get sick, then it's for the glory of God. If I get sick and it's not bringing glory to God, then it's allowed by God because it's best for me temporarily. Remember that we can drink deadly water and it won't hurt us, and I have experience in this (40 days and nights drinking from a valley creek with "flavor"). If I can drink deadly water (among other things), then I also cannot get sick unless God allows it. If God allows it, perhaps it's similar to:

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Again, I see that a worse thing is worse than a better thing, and only God knows if a person will recieve the grace of God in vain:

2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

When I get sick, I trust God and thank Him for the opportunity to trust Him with even my health. I do not go to the doctor or hospital for anything but severe pain (and haven't had to do that either). I don't even take Ibruprofen anymore (not that it's wrong) because I'd rather let God heal me, and trusting in Him is better. If I get even cancer, I will not let anyone try to heal me but God. This is trust, and this is in the faith, and it brings glory to God. Going to the hospital to be healed is not something that I will ever do, cause I know the best healer.

Sometimes people are sick because evil has their reward, which is partly to watch us suffer. I would be careful about who you point fingers at regarding being in the faith.

Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Infirmity is defined as:
G769
&#945;&#787;&#963;&#952;&#949;&#769;&#957;&#949;&#953;&#945;
astheneia
as-then'-i-ah
From G772; feebleness (of body or mind); by implication malady; moral frailty: - disease, infirmity, sickness, weakness.

Gal 4:13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
Gal 4:15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.
Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Paul spoke of them plucking out their eyes (not spiritual eyes), and so most likely the thorn in the flesh of paul was some sort of eye condition.

Joh 11:4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
ThisG3778 sicknessG769 (infirmity)

Again, I will say that there are many reasons, and I will never tell anyone that I know for sure the reason, unless I do, but I do know that part of those reasons can be because we're serving something else and God.

1Pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
1Pe 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.


 
Spiritual healing is far more important than any physical healing. Spiritual healing is what we are to concentrate on. How hard is it to comprehend that?