Why Not Me ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2018
Why Not Me ?

Darkness gathered in the sky above
Lightening struck and thunder roared
Such as this had not been seen
By me or anyone there before

A storm came in upon the land
With a wind of greatest power
Then fire fell from the heavens
Burning all before my eyes

Many friends fell near me
Crying from their pain
Begging God for death to come
And end this awful day

Racing through my frightened mind
My life of cheats and lies
As I watched the Earth was torn
And fire came from the wound

Unseen hands began to push
Each and all toward the raging fire
I felt the hands upon my back
And the flames seemed even higher

Harder they pushed as the edge came near
And I cried out to a merciful God
Screaming his name as others did
And panic grew out of fear

Why must I die ?
Why must it be ?
You chose to save Lot
But why not me ?

Silence came as I fell from the edge
And just as I ceased to be
I heard a voice so softly say
I never knew you, you never knew me

Written April 2004. Given by the Spirit to be shared with all but claimed by none. All praise and glory belong to Him.

Aug 14, 2018
What a terrible day that would be for many! A good poem. Be encourage to write more for God.

Sep 23, 2018
This is one of the more interesting and exhilarating poems about Revelation that I have read. It's not overly-dramatic, and it stings the heart filled with guilt about their sins. Excellent poem!

Oct 12, 2018
Oh my gosh... I kind of felt like clicking your link after I saw the title and that was like so thought provoking... It really kindly pushes you out of feeling nothing and letting your life be a waste.

Great poem...