why should we fear god if he is all loving?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DennyMack

Banned
Jan 14, 2014
55
1
0
why should we fear god?

just a question .... what is your own personal response ......
if you want to copy and paste a scripture fine but please explain after !
 
we have to fear god so that we will not fallen in to the sinful way again
if any body fears to someting he will not do it
if you fear god we will not fallen in to sin again
so we have to fear him

luke 12:5
by this verse you will know to rescue us from the death only we have to fear the lord
but god loves us
he is good always
he will destroy the sinful persons only
 
why should we fear god?

just a question .... what is your own personal response ......
if you want to copy and paste a scripture fine but please explain after !

I don't fear God. I fear Him taking his love from me and His Spirit. I fear Him leaving me. To know that if He left I will have no joy, kindness etc. and how corrupt I would be.
 
why should we fear god?

just a question .... what is your own personal response ......
if you want to copy and paste a scripture fine but please explain after !

Scripture says "the fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Proverbs 9:10).

When I think of God I think of my fleshy father. Since I was old enough to know who he was he has always caused a measure of fear in the core of my being. It was his might...his stature...his powerful voice. I didn't really understand why his presence caused me a bit of dread but I knew I didn't want to cross him. I knew I didn't want him angry with me. And if he but raised his voice but a measure I felt as if I would shatter; like I couldn't bear to hear it and still live for too long.

Being a new creature, I didn't understand him so my fear of him was my way of respecting him...but now that I'm older I have the same might in my voice...I have the same power in my stature...and I strike the same natural fear in my nephew and little cousins. As I grow more and more in the fleshy image of my father, I understand him more and more and my fear turns to admiration and the utmost respect because without him I wouldn't be, and he gave to me all that he is. I still fear him, but now what I fear is disappointing him; to not properly represent his legacy as honorably as possible.

---

We should fear God because he's our Father, and because we don't want to cross him; because of his might and power. His word caused all to be and with a word reality would crack in two. In his anger nature would unravel, time would cease, and these weak bonds that hold this pitiful form together would lose their grip. Israel felt it. They experienced a sample of the majesty of his voice and were almost undone...and he wasn't even angry. His very presence would destroy us in our current state, until we're glorified.

And his immeasurable power is only matched by his love...and he purposely remains silent and only speaks through the vessels and Spirit he sends because until we're glorified we still couldn't bear to hear him directly. So I fear him because of that love...because his love (which only from him and nothing I could do) is the *only* reason why we're not already unmade. The thought it scary; that his love is so strong to keep him THIS patient with all of this (and my) evil in his face??

Malachi 1:6
A son honors his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honor? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

Matthew 10:28
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I fear him because it's smart to do and because it's the least he deserves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Karraster
It is true that God is all love. When I think of God I think of the Hebrew word shalom. That is what God wants for all of us. Every law God gave us is how we can live with this goodness and abundance. I love God's law.

But God can not tolerate sin of any kind. He judges it. If we insist on keeping it we can't live with Him in eternity. He gave His son to get rid of it in us. He gave us the Holy Spirit to help us stay away from it. I am truly afraid of God's judgment.
 
fear can also mean tremendous respect. but, yes I think we all should have a bit of real fear toward God. look at the reaction of all the O.T. folks he reached out to.
 
I'm in AWE of God, but I don't FEAR Him...
because I cannot LOVE someone I FEAR...
 
There is a real fear of God from Moses at the burning bush, to Isaiah who said "woe is me, I am a man of unclean lips and of a people of unclean lips." Also in the NT, when Jesus calmed the sea:

Mark 4:41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Think about that type of fear, there would have been a great, "awe" involved as well. To see something that is impossible for a man to do, and they saw Jesus do this with their own eyes.

The first verse that amazed me on this subject is in Exodus 20

Exodus 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
Exodus 20:19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
Exodus 20:20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.


Moses told them not to fear, and that His fear was before their faces that they sin not.

I believe that the fear that they experienced at the mountain was a real fear and a loving fear. That kind of fear was to keep them from sinning. God was very near to them, even on the mount and No sin could come near or even touch the mount.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

It's not about the fear of man, or the world.

Psalms 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me
.


Paul explained that no sin will inherit the Kingdom.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

There's also a fear involved with sin in the presence of God.

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The word "wrought" is defined as:

wrought
rôt/
adjective
adjective: wrought

  • 1.
    (of metals) beaten out or shaped by hammering



    The KJV bible dictionary defines "wrought," as:

    Wrought
    Worked; made.For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but WROUGHT with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you. ( 2 Thessalonians 1:1 Matthew 3:7-8 )


    When we come to the light, Jesus who is the light knows exactly what's in our hearts. There's nothing hidden from Him.


    Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​
 
I'm in AWE of God, but I don't FEAR Him...
because I cannot LOVE someone I FEAR...

Jer 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Fear to depart
you should have a fear to depart from Gods law.
many do not have that fear


Exo 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
they took off!

Exo 20:19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

Exo 20:20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

Fear not...but fear
why is this so unexplainable?

if you run into a verse that is unexplainable
thank King James
he ruled over a committe that was supposed to translate the Bible
and one who made a mistake printing it was exacuted...

they did not tick off the king..

No would YOU as a committee say for everyone in the country to kneel bow down worship and reverance God?
when they had a king who claimed ultimate authority?

there are several words that god SOFTIFIED due to fear of loosing heads

reverence is one of them



King james wishy washies again, cant stand up for the truth, wanting to keep their heads...




Exo 20:20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

Correct answer:
Two vry different words got translated the same cause they were afraid to translate the second one correctly

so know one studies and they get mixed up

they should have said
FEAR from DEPARTING from EVERYTHING GOD SAYS and FOLLOW IT

no matter what king says otherwise

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

ok so just call everything fear and confuse it and we can live

many places the commitee softi-fied it


Whenever you see 80 percent of FEAR GOD

it means

GIVE HIM TOTAL 100% ALLEGIANCE even if it means death!

Off with their heads!
 
So now you can fear God and LOVE HIM!

because some of those King james confused texts mean

Give total allegience to God of your HEART soul Mind 100%

is not that what a person in LOVE WOULD DO?

So now yo can "fear" him and love him too?

hey

I have a suggestion for you
dont take it personal

go read your Bible through
I mean not surface king james reading

go to e0sword or the word and install the Bible
and click on the words and see what king james did not WANT you to see
what they really mean.

Love Love Love ear God and love him

YOu know
the spirit inside of you says this is the way
he is right
for there are other texts that say
Love God with all your soul and heart and mind ABOVE ANY KING
and love him Love him Love him!
Amen
 
I wanted to add these passages from Isaiah.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Isaiah 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
Isaiah 29:15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?


As with Isaiah, He didn't say, "woe is me," until after he was confronted.

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Isaiah 6:2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
Isaiah 6:3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
Isaiah 6:4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

In the presence of the almighty, nothing is hidden.

I also wanted to add that believers if Jesus/Yeshua do not walk around in a constant state of fear. We become more fearless of the world as we grow and mature in Christ, because our confidence is in HIM.

If we are in error. He corrects us, and we need to heed that correction. He deals with us as sons.

Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
 
Dedicated to those who embrace antinomianism (does one's own thing)

Psalms 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.

1 Chronicles 16:25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.

Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Psalms 36:1-2 For the music director; written by the Lord’s servant, David; an oracle.An evil man is rebellious to the core. He does not fear God,
for he is too proud to recognize and give up his sin.
 
why should we fear god?

just a question .... what is your own personal response ......
if you want to copy and paste a scripture fine but please explain after !


"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom" (Psalm 111:10)
 
why should we fear god?

just a question .... what is your own personal response ......
if you want to copy and paste a scripture fine but please explain after !

Short answer: because we're sinful.
Not as short an answer: I'd fear him for the same reason I feared my dad when I was little and did something wrong.
 
why should we fear god?

just a question .... what is your own personal response ......
if you want to copy and paste a scripture fine but please explain after !

God calls for us to fear him. Jesus forewarned who we (as his disciples) should fear. Fear is the beginning of Knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 For I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, not any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

There is a fine line here for sure. We are to fear God because he calls for it in His word. I believe it is a reverential fear that is expected and as we grow to Love God, love should override fear, as true love casteth out fear.
 
The Fear of the Lord is not about being afraid, but instead realizing His Power and Might. It is to be in constant awe of Him who hung the Earth on nothing. To realize that He made gravity to keep us on the ground instead of flinging us throughout space.