Why The User Name You Picked?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wilfred
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Wilfred

Guest
I have only been on this site for a few hours and I find the variety of User Names to be very interesting. Some of them are easy to figure out, assuming the obvious is true, but I would love to know how or why you have picked the name you did!
 
The resurrection is an interesting event.
33 is the number of the county in Iowa I grew up in. 33 was on everybody's license plate.
 
I took the name of the Honda Nighthawk bike and added the 877 from the J.G. Wentworth commercials. I bet after reading this, the jingle will get stuck in your head.
 
I like the word shekinah and the meaning be hind it.
shekinah
The visible majesty of the Divine Presence, especially when resting or dwelling between the cherubim on the mercy seat, in the Tabernacle, or in the Temple of Solomon; -- a term used in the Targums and by the later Jews, and adopted by Christians.

Shekinah means The manifest presence of God or God dwells here.


I chose to spell mine Shekaniah...
I once saw a web site that some women called themselves "Shekaniah women"
Meaning - Forgiven and now in the presence of God.
I tried to look it up again but could not find it.
It was about 7yrs ago.
 
WillfollowsGod, because I am a Christian and follow God. Simple as that. Plus it is short for William.
 
I call myself Twinkle77 because God created stars and stars Twinkle in the night. It's a light that shines in darkness. The numbers 77 is the number of times that we have to forgive our brothers not seven but seventy seven times (Jesus answered in Matthew 18:22) :)
 
ForeverHis42:
Forever His because I will always belong to Him and be a child of God
42 because it is my favorite number :D
 
I do not have a nick name and my user names are work names. So I have to make one up out of the thin air. I went to think of something just what ever first come to mind. I have no idea why but a stick bug came to mind. I laughed and thought well if a stick bug make a unique one. So I made the stick pus sized. then after I already inputted it I looked on the net and found some hilarious pictures of colossal stick bugs. I am pretty sure they were fake and photo shopped but were cool to see.
 
I chose Missa because my name is Melissa ...i uswd to work with kids and they were supposed to call me Miss Melissa but it came out Missa..lol and now years later that is what my husband calls me..
 
I used Searching4Truth in another forum several years back. Ahhhh... your first forum. Such bitter-sweet memories.
 
I think I already told why in 2 other threads asking the exact same thing.
Oh well!

R is my first initial.
Elena is my middle name.
7 is what my favorite birthmark is shaped like.

Put em together?? ...Relena7! :D
 
OFM= means,Order of Friars Minor a Catholic Religious Order ,founded by:Saint Francis of Assisi in the 12 century i was a Franciscan Brother for awhile.