Why was the Bible......

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I never spoke of truth being relative. And I never said the words, paradox or dilemma. I was talking about us attempting to declare that what "WE" feel is truth, is, therefore, the absolute truth.


And if we parse that out logically, from the perspective you normally seem to take, I think we're going to end up right back in the same place I described above.


Let's start here:
1. Do you agree there is absolute truth?
2. If so, where exactly do you think it resides?
3. If you know where it resides, then how does one go about apprehending it, and then comprehending it correctly?

 
Willie,
let me add a few things.

I'm not just trying to cause you needless grief.
I agree with you about many things in life, but we both know we have disagreements on some doctrinal things.
I think you're a smart guy, and you know a lot of stuff.
I think you bring a lot of practical wisdom to the forum.
But we still disagree on some doctrinal things.
That said, we'll likely never resolve those doctrinal disagreements, but I will try to do better at disagreeing politely and respectfully.

The issue I raised was regarding something YOU DO ALL THE TIME.
You are constantly trying to point out philosophical dilemmas.
You do it all the time.
And you know what?
I'm cool with that.
That is not a bad thing.
That's a good thing.
That's fine.
We probably NEED to do that more often.
I'll support that.


My point is that, in this particular instance, I think you're raising a philosophical dilemma which won't hold up.
That's all.

If something I said seemed offensive, then I apologize.
If you want to raise philosophical issues, then let's do it.
Let's talk about it and see where it goes.
 
Last edited:
Im wrong about lots of stuff and this is probably another subject.

I think that people were supposed to figure it (the Bible) out a long time ago then pass that knowledge down in the nth degree without the multiple perception,I think that when He says to repent that He was talking to those first generation that honestly didn't know right from wrong because He hadn't advised yet.

I don't like being dark and morbid but the current state of the world is proof of my opinion,I think that going in circles for generations misinterpreting His advice has not only costed us our souls but also progress,I think that as a species we are supposed to be much farther along.

Instead we are degenerating to our primal instinct of self preservation,in the world that we've created this is necessary but it shouldn't be.

True understanding of the Bible is something that we never acquired.