Why won't God tell us when the end is near/gonna happen ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flygplan

He said that the Lord's coming is like a woman giving birth. No one knows the day or the hour that the baby will be born but they can definitely see the day approaching.

He said it would be like a farmer harvesting a crop. You don't know the day or the hour that the crop will be harvested, but you can definitely see the day approaching.

He likened it to the way in which the Jews get married. You begin the age of grace with the betrothal on the day of Pentecost when the bridegroom gives the bride the Spirit as a promise, and then He goes and prepares a place for them to live. When He is done He comes and gets the Bride and takes her to the house He has prepared. Now I ask, if you were the betrothed bride are you not going to visit and fellowship with your betrothed while he prepares that house? Aren't you going to bring Him sandwiches and lemonade? When you do this won't you see the house being built, the roof going on, the electricity being turned on, the paint and carpet? So you might not know the day or the hour, but you certainly know the day is very close.
"He said that the Lord's coming is like a woman giving birth. No one knows the day or the hour that the baby will be born but they can definitely see the day approaching."

No. Actually here He is talking about the suffering of the woman giving birth contrasting with the rejoicing after the baby is born, and forgetting the previous suffering after this happening. Not a word on the time or the hour or us "picking up when". That is your conjecture.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I understand your statement, but fail to see this as an excuse for God not tell us.
Hmmm.

The Lord's coming is likened to a thief coming in the night. Do thieves tell you ahead of time when they will be showing up? Aren't you supposed to protect the house in such a way that regardless of what time they come you will be ready?

Suppose for a second that Satan and his minions wanted to steal this country (hypothetical) they might move through a foreign country like China or some billionaire like Soros (again just spitballing here). To accomplish this they would have to steal the election of course, but that alone will not be enough. Before you steal the election you need to make sure that the people who investigate elections are all in your pocket and you need to make sure that the people who report on elections are all in your pocket, and maybe you want to encourage all kinds of chaos to keep people distracted. You could empty the jails and open the border wide. You also need to get a firm grip on the populace so you can shut down any dissent rapidly, so hard to do in the US. If only we had some national emergency like a worldwide pandemic that would allow us to impose martial law whenever we need it, to lock people down, and to stop dissent. Again this is purely hypothetical (however it is based on various published "game plan" documents, and the way in which Soros had destabilized other countries).

The Lord is telling us that just like Esther and Mordecai we need to be ready to "stop the steal" because that will be what is happening when He comes.

May 22, 2020
[Moderators move this thread to the correct place if this is not the area/section for it]

Remember when Jesus said no one will know when the end will be (only God knows) ? Why is that ? I'm not saying everyone should know as that could cause widespread panic, I'm talking about us christians who have to live in this world. I feel like as a follower of God/Jesus he should be giving us some kinda of power that non christians don't have (like being able to tell when the exact date and time of the end), but instead i feel like God has left us with seemingly nothing.

You need Bible study.
Christ does not know when His 2nd advent will be. Only God the Father knows the day and hour.

If one is truly ready for that day he has no concern. The non ready should be shaking in their shoes.

If you study the Bible you will be aware of the coming. God says so.
End times prophecies in the Bible are telling us that it is imminent.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
"He said that the Lord's coming is like a woman giving birth. No one knows the day or the hour that the baby will be born but they can definitely see the day approaching."

No. Actually here He is talking about the suffering of the woman giving birth contrasting with the rejoicing after the baby is born, and forgetting the previous suffering after this happening. Not a word on the time or the hour or us "picking up when". That is your conjecture.
I combined the Lord's comparison of the signs of His coming to birth pains with the vision in Revelation 12 of the manchild being born and raptured up to heaven.

Mar 4, 2020
Is there really too much information about knowing the end time ? I find it hard to believe God would keep that from us because of too much Intel.
It's just a theory.

Another theory is that being aware of when the end is would cause people to be complacent. Imagine that we have the exact date and time of the end; people could leverage that as an excuse to not watch and wait for the return of Christ.

I mean, why bother watching and waiting, as we're commanded to, if we already know we still have a few hundred years left until the date? I think if people knew then people would automatically know they don't need to care about it if it isn't going to happen in their lifetime.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
We will know the time. We currently don’t but we will. We are not of the darkness where the thief comes to those who are unaware. We are children of the light.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
What you are seeing today in people doing research on the rapture and the Lord's coming we have seen throughout the age of grace every time we discovered some new truth.

At the time the Lord came the 3rd rail was the Sabbath and all the traditional teachings of the Pharisees, today the 3rd rail is the rapture.

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
We will know the time. We currently don’t but we will. We are not of the darkness where the thief comes to those who are unaware. We are children of the light.
Yeah, like read the book of Joel, it tells us clearly that the day of the Lord arrives at the same time as a worldwide pandemic that shuts down the economy.

F

flygplan

What you are seeing today in people doing research on the rapture and the Lord's coming we have seen throughout the age of grace every time we discovered some new truth.

At the time the Lord came the 3rd rail was the Sabbath and all the traditional teachings of the Pharisees, today the 3rd rail is the rapture.

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
That's not a conspiracy. But I'm not arguing with you. So whatever :)

Apr 15, 2017
[Moderators move this thread to the correct place if this is not the area/section for it]

Remember when Jesus said no one will know when the end will be (only God knows) ? Why is that ? I'm not saying everyone should know as that could cause widespread panic, I'm talking about us christians who have to live in this world. I feel like as a follower of God/Jesus he should be giving us some kinda of power that non christians don't have (like being able to tell when the exact date and time of the end), but instead i feel like God has left us with seemingly nothing.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

No person knows the day and the hour of Jesus' return but we can know when it is close to it for God told us that.

By the saints not knowing the day and hour is a test to see who is hypocritical or not.

Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
Pro 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
Pro 30:13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
Pro 30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

God told us of the last generation before Jesus comes back which the children will not obey their parents, and will be highly selfish and arrogant and aggressive towards each other.

They will devour the poor from off the earth and the needy from among men which they will heap and heap money to themselves and not care about the poor.

Which this can only happen at the time of technology for there is more money flowing and they can reach out to more people to make money.

And we see that millions of dollars and billions of dollars is not good enough for them.

So it is close to Jesus coming back.

The new age movement the beginning of the end.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

God warns the saints of the new age movement, and their interpretation of the Bible based on the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving to be spiritual provided by the New Age Christ, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher and love, and the Christ conscience came upon him, and he evolved to be an ascended master, and believe in no personal God, but honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process, and the New Age Christ is the final teacher, and he will evolve to be greater than Jesus, and share this power with all people who follow him.

They will forbid to marry for a man and a woman for population reduction, and command to abstain from meats, reverence of nature, mother earth.

The new age movement will pave the way to the beast kingdom for all people who do not love God where they will take the mark of the beast, and then repentance and salvation are no longer available to the world, and God will end sin on earth, and have His people will Him.

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables(2 Timothy 4:2-4).

The time will come when the world will not want to hear the truth of the Bible, but want to hear it according to their own lusts the new age movement.

The new age movement will come out at the latter times which is the last days of the last days and the new age movement will pave the way to the beast kingdom in Revelation 13 where God will end sin on earth.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

There can only be one temptation that can come upon all people at the same time and that is when the nations come together and say Peace and safety which can only happen at the time of technology for they can communicate with each other.

No person will know the day and hour of Jesus' return but we can know when it is close.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour, not even the Son, but God alone. But the New Testament is full of signs we can recognize when it's getting near. See Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 24 for example.

O

Omegatime

But Christ has blessed you with the Holy Spirit. Now the Spirit stays in you, and you don’t need any teachers. The Spirit is truthful and teaches you everything. 1 John 2:27

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
full of signs we can recognize when it's getting near. See Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 24 for example.
Yes, agree, for The Nation of Israel and the nations who endure to the end
of THEIR GREAT tribulation, THEY will Recognize, ending at The Second Coming.

Contrariwise, there Are NO signs For WE, The Body Of CHRIST, For OUR Great
GRACE Departure To Heaven!

O

Omegatime

If one truly knew the 1335th Blessed day of Dan 12:12 and when it was you would know when the Day of the Lord begins. I wrote a book about this after my nickname Omegatime and it has no filler in this and less than 100 pages. The book is all about time and all of it is new understandings. I start with what week of the year creation was, why no months or days given for the patriarch's births and death and continue up to King Solomon. Has more info than you can imagine, even how the Lord shortened the days and yet 7 years of tribulation. There is no resurrection at the end of the 7 years of tribulation and why the sheep enter the kingdom of God in the flesh and the goats enter the place of torment.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Protip: when someone asks if Christ knows something today the answer is always "yes".

So, when Jesus said, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The question we should ask is "Do you think He knows today?" Of course He does. And He can without violating scripture. He said "No one knows...", present tense, as in "no one currently knows, only the Father". But what about the angels and people?

Notice the order of "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

We have not man > not angels > not the Son > only the Father.

Let's look at another verse in scripture: Revelation 1:1 "This is the revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants what must soon come to pass. He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John..."

Here God gave the revelation to Jesus Christ who gave it to angels to give to John... and John wrote it all down for us.

So, in Mark when it reads "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
not man > not angels > not the Son > only the Father

Revelation 1:1 reverses the order:
From the Father > to the Son > to the angels > to man.

So, now the Son knows, and we, who are in Christ, will know the day and hour when it approaches. Not enough time to write a book about it or to get Henry Cavill to star in our movie about it, but enough time to get ready and to be prepared.

"The Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does."

Be at peace,
Aaron56