Why

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 23, 2022
Hey, so most people here are Christian so I thought it would be interesting to ask this question. Why are you a Christian? Why did you choose Christianity as opposed to any other religion like Judaism ✡️. Now, this isn’t a testimony. I don’t want you to tell me your life story or a personal experience you’ve had. I’m just curious on why you’ve chosen Christianity. Why does THIS make sense to you.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
.....Why are you a Christian?.....I don’t want you to tell me your life story or a personal experience you’ve had......
Because the gospel, unlikely if not impossible to be fulfilled, was foretold.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Believers hear the word and respond to it. It's not much more complicated than that. Those that hunger and thirst for righteousness are filled. People like being filled.
Choosing Judaism is like eating celery. There aren't enough calories in it to keep you alive. Anything else is like eating garbage out of a dumpster.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
God chooses us and not the other way around. I hear a lot of Christians say ”You need to know the Lord”, but a more theological and truthful response would be “Does the Lord know you?”

CS1

May 23, 2012
Hey, so most people here are Christian so I thought it would be interesting to ask this question. Why are you a Christian? Why did you choose Christianity as opposed to any other religion like Judaism ✡️. Now, this isn’t a testimony. I don’t want you to tell me your life story or a personal experience you’ve had. I’m just curious on why you’ve chosen Christianity. Why does THIS make sense to you.
Because Jesus is the way the truth and the life all others fail

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them and I will raise them up at the last day.
John 6:44.

So was does the Father initiate this or it is the individuals own doing?

Dec 29, 2021
Long Story, Short!

I was literally born into and raised in it and made excuses why I hated it. Then when everything crashed and began failing, the idea [God] popped into my mind to attend Church again. This time, outside being my own decision and not because I was born/raised into it, I went and began attending Services. I felt God's tug, I knew this time what I did not understand as an 18 year old. I completely surrendered myself to God. The rest is history.

But, even when I was involved in other beliefs, I always was comparing it to what I had already knew and remembered. I never ever believed in the teachings of the other beliefs, I was just a man who was taking advantage of the free minded women who do believe such garbage. So, it was only a matter of time, as long as God gave me the time, to return and rededicate my life to Him.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
it's not because i chose
it's because Christ chose me :)

Jan 23, 2022
it's not because i chose
it's because Christ chose me :)

Why doesn’t Christ choose everyone. And if he does, how come we’re not all (all of humanity) Christians.

Jan 23, 2022
Yes thank you. I was waiting for someone to say this. It seems to be a fairly popular idea in this site that you do not choose to follow God, and that ultimately it is God who chooses you. Aka Calvinism (dun dun DUUUUN). I seriously don’t know why people don’t think they have free will.

Jan 8, 2016
I was raised in a Christian home. Went my own way as a teenager. Later, married , and then faced a couple of major challenges... Looked into some other religions: No answers. Purchased a Bible and started reading.

One day, the Lord 'spoke' to me through His word. I could hear His words in my Spirit. I could no longer deny Him.

Dec 29, 2021
Yes thank you. I was waiting for someone to say this. It seems to be a fairly popular idea in this site that you do not choose to follow God, and that ultimately it is God who chooses you. Aka Calvinism (dun dun DUUUUN). I seriously don’t know why people don’t think they have free will.
It would be unfair of God, on Judgement Day, to have those who end up Eternally in the Lake of Fire to be able to say, You never tried to Invite me into Your family.

But we all can think back on times we were growing up to adults where we heard people making fun of Christians, making fun of God. How can they make fun of Christians and God if they don't know about God? What we witnessed are people who were invited by God, but CHOSE to reject God. You can only Accept/Reject God by Free Will.

So yes, God does try to Invite Himself into every human's life.

But for those who make fun of God and for those who Worship God, they do so by Free Will.

Jan 8, 2016
He called. I followed.

O

Omegatime

Free choice just as the angels had, one big difference, angels are not offered grace.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i definitely have free will. and i definitely 100% used that will for wickedness and vanity until Christ stepped into my life and changed my will, humbling me, and bringing about repentance.
the more i do His will, and the less i do my own will, the better. so who is it that wills and works in me? =p
do i ever thank God for how great my own decisions were? lol
do i pray for the salvation of others? i.e. pray that God intervene in their lives and bend their will towards His own?

i'm not a calvinist.
but don't confuse calvinism with hyper-calvinism.
#1 mistake people who join the forum and are all '
rawr rawr calvinism rawr' make.

Jan 23, 2022
i definitely have free will. and i definitely 100% used that will for wickedness and vanity until Christ stepped into my life and changed my will, humbling me, and bringing about repentance.
the more i do His will, and the less i do my own will, the better. so who is it that wills and works in me? =p
do i ever thank God for how great my own decisions were? lol
do i pray for the salvation of others? i.e. pray that God intervene in their lives and bend their will towards His own?

i'm not a calvinist.
but don't confuse calvinism with hyper-calvinism.
#1 mistake people who join the forum and are all '
rawr rawr calvinism rawr' make.
I disagree with every single form of Calvinism out there. Hyper or non hyper

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I disagree with every single form of Calvinism out there. Hyper or non hyper
Actually, it’s more of Augustine of Hippo view of predestination. You cannot deny there is a soiled theme of this throughout scripture.