Wild fantasies and wonderings

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arlene89
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Arlene89

Guest
Sometimes I wonder how I would meet my future spouse.

I imagine myself at some sunset dinner event, beside a field where horses are kept. I wonder from the crowd and take my shoes off to perch myself on the fence, my white dress bellowing in the wind. A graceful horse trots up beside me, beckoning me to take a ride. I mount the horse's bare back and begin a whimsical gallop around the field. Some people turn from their conversations and meals to watch the wild and strange girl, one particular person being the person I would spend the rest of my life with. Later, I come back to the dinner event, bare footed, and begin to dance with my future husband.

It is outrageous, and sometimes I marvel at exactly how much corniness is stored up in my wild imaginations. But I wonder, how many of you have a child like and innocently romantic (and dreadfully unrealistic) scenario that would some times plays behind closed eyes?
 
u watch lots of movies i guess.. kidding :) ... yes i have had a feeling like she will come in white salwar kameez(u can google ) with loose hair and smile at me ;)... the funny thing is it has happened exactly like that many times except the smiling part :p
 
Sometimes I wonder how I would meet my future spouse.

I imagine myself at some sunset dinner event, beside a field where horses are kept. I wonder from the crowd and take my shoes off to perch myself on the fence, my white dress bellowing in the wind. A graceful horse trots up beside me, beckoning me to take a ride. I mount the horse's bare back and begin a whimsical gallop around the field. Some people turn from their conversations and meals to watch the wild and strange girl, one particular person being the person I would spend the rest of my life with. Later, I come back to the dinner event, bare footed, and begin to dance with my future husband.

It is outrageous, and sometimes I marvel at exactly how much corniness is stored up in my wild imaginations. But I wonder, how many of you have a child like and innocently romantic (and dreadfully unrealistic) scenario that would some times plays behind closed eyes?

Wow, you sure do have an imagination. But, you know I think its nice to have such an optimistic hope for a future spouse. I'll admit I have had some thoughts about what my day would be like if I had a wife... funny but sometimes I think.. about when I'd get back from work and open the door to my home and I'd have this warm welcoming with my wife and kids happy to see me home... big hugs and smiles.

Something I think about sometimes is how I'd spend quiet times with my future wife. Like, reading the bible together while I hold her or just sitting on the couch and watching a movie together while I'd be holding her. I'd like that close-ness with her... someday eh?
 
I think most of this stems from our desire to be seen as the princesses we are. I mean, truly, though many of us are trained to believe that we don't want to be rescued by a man from our life of loneliness and singleness, in truth, there is something about being the princess in the story that triggers our hearts. :)

I picture the proposal in that way. I think of him taking me out for a horseback ride randomly and then, in a beautiful field of wildflowers, proposing. :) I also picture us in full medieval garb, so I think I'd kind of know what was going to happen if he took me horseback riding and gave me a flowing princess gown. ;) Unless we do that often...

I think, when I meet him, it will be as friends. The reason for this is that I love being single and partly this is due to fear from things in my past and also from the whole "married until we die" thing, which is strange, but I wonder if someone could truly love me until he dies, you know? Anyway, moving on, so if there is a man in my life that I am either attracted to or that even looks as though he could possibly be "the one" in some distant future, I run for the hills. I clam up. I don't talk. Silence and avoidance. That's my M.O.

So, yeah, we'll be friends first and then, BAM, out of the blue I'll realize that I kind of like him and then I'll start freaking out but, alas, it will be too late. :)

Aside from all that, I imagine him saying to me what Boaz said to Ruth: He said, “God bless you, my dear daughter! What a splendid expression of love! And when you could have had your pick of any of the young men around. And now, my dear daughter, don’t you worry about a thing; I’ll do all you could want or ask. Everybody in town knows what a courageous woman you are—a real prize!"

;) But, you know, I haven't really thought about it much. LOL. :)

beautiful-dress-princess-tiara-Favim_com-143994.jpg
 
Last edited:
I think most of this stems from our desire to be seen as the princesses we are. I mean, truly, though many of us are trained to believe that we don't want to be rescued by a man from our life of loneliness and singleness, in truth, there is something about being the princess in the story that triggers our hearts. :)

View attachment 61896

Yes. At the heart of every man is the desire to rescue a beauty. And every girl wants to be that beauty. Every girl wants to be worthy to fight for. I don't see a man as my 'Saviour', but I want to be the one to arouse courage and boldness in a man's heart. Like in my very girlish imaginary romance, I am the mysterious person riding the horse. Horses are whimsical and graceful. I have no need for reins or saddle, I am wild at heart and have an appetite for adventure! I end up captivating someone's attention... and he rises to the occasion. He asks for a dance.

We are made in the image and likeness of God. "Eve (or women) embodies the beauty and the mystery and the tender vulnerability of God... The reason a woman wants a beauty to unveil, the reason she asks, Do you delight in me? is simply that God does as well. " - John Elderedge.

For so long, I thought that romance was dead. I even told myself love wasn't real and that it was merely something people fabricated to make themselves feel better (pessimistic, I know). I was an object, love was a lie, God had no interest in me.

But then... he proved all my worst fears wrong. I found out He is all about romance and He beckons me to come to know Him, and to love Him deeper. He is jealous for my love and attention, He breaks through the doors that hold me hostage, and He breaks the shackles of the enemy right when the 'bad guy' raises the gun and it seems that all hope is lost.

Because God has re-lit the romance in my heart, I look forward to the romance that can be shared between a man and a woman. I look forward to being delighted in and to be enjoyed by my future husband. I look forward to peeling back the layers and to reveal my inner beauty.

That is why I started this thread. People might lift up their noses and see this as rather childish and 'unrealistic', but there was a reason why we twirled in princess dresses as little girls, and there was a reason why men of today once wielded plastic swords and guns and fought to protect the vulnerable. Men and women were made to compliment each other, to bear the image of God, and to lead a life that glorifies Him.
 
I mostly imagine having a family and spending those post card picture picnics or camping trips or backyard family time with them.. :o ... movie nights, holidays... just comforting warmth with them when its cold outside and full of love inside :cool::o